I have a website where service providers can Verify their listing and receive phone calls for free.
Now, all the website copy points to Verify Now (no credit card, no upfront fee, no contract).
They verify. They get a phone call lead. That lead uses their services and pays them, becoming a customer.
My analytics tell me that provider received a phone call directly from my website from John Doe.
I call John Doe and say "Hi John, I see you called XYZ provider. Were they able to help you?"
John says "Yes. I used their services."
I reply, "Great news! Have a great day" and hang up.
I then email the Provider and say, "Hi Provider, thank you for using our service. John Doe contacted you directly from our website and paid you X dollars on 01/01/2023. If you would like to continue receiving phone calls from our website, please click the link below to pay the commission fee. Otherwise, ignore this message and you will no longer receive phone calls from our website.”
What do you guys think?
If I keep this "value first" methodology, do the Terms of Service have to state: we're going to reach out after you close a deal to collect a fee. Or can it just say, you have to pay the fees as stated in the Verify Listing form, if any. (There isn't).
Now, all the website copy points to Verify Now (no credit card, no upfront fee, no contract).
They verify. They get a phone call lead. That lead uses their services and pays them, becoming a customer.
My analytics tell me that provider received a phone call directly from my website from John Doe.
I call John Doe and say "Hi John, I see you called XYZ provider. Were they able to help you?"
John says "Yes. I used their services."
I reply, "Great news! Have a great day" and hang up.
I then email the Provider and say, "Hi Provider, thank you for using our service. John Doe contacted you directly from our website and paid you X dollars on 01/01/2023. If you would like to continue receiving phone calls from our website, please click the link below to pay the commission fee. Otherwise, ignore this message and you will no longer receive phone calls from our website.”
What do you guys think?
If I keep this "value first" methodology, do the Terms of Service have to state: we're going to reach out after you close a deal to collect a fee. Or can it just say, you have to pay the fees as stated in the Verify Listing form, if any. (There isn't).
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
