The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is offering an Udemy course fastlane?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

ric2020

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Oct 28, 2020
Somebody suggested me, due to my deep knowledge to offer an Udemy course for money. I think it does not affect all CENTS, at least it is an passive income but would you do that big effort with the risk just not enoughpeoe will attend the course. I would like to know your opinion about that topic. I also see that only as a side hustle and not a business effecting all CENTS and i think its more a possibility to make a bit money to use that for a real fastlane business.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
if the answer to that question is keeping you from doing it and instead you are chilling in 'action fake land', then do it and post the answer here AFTER you are done.

Take action.

ric2020

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Oct 28, 2020
if the answer to that question is keeping you from doing it and instead you are chilling in 'action fake land', then do it and post the answer here AFTER you are done.

Take action.
i am struggeling to do that, because i think the effort to do that does not make the impact that i want to achieve...

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
i am struggeling to do that, because i think the effort to do that does not make the impact that i want to achieve...
do you have a long history of accomplishing things like this and know what true impact they will have?

sounds like you should do it if for nothing other than the experience of JUST DOING SOMETHING. :)

you know what to do, go do it.

Wendy-Russo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Dec 16, 2020
Somebody suggested me, due to my deep knowledge to offer an Udemy course for money. I think it does not affect all CENTS, at least it is an passive income but would you do that big effort with the risk just not enoughpeoe will attend the course. I would like to know your opinion about that topic. I also see that only as a side hustle and not a business effecting all CENTS and i think its more a possibility to make a bit money to use that for a real fastlane business.
"Is this Fastlane ?" is the entrepreneurial equivalent of "am i being woke lit af ?"
Back to la reply
May i suggest a YouTube video ? Make free 5min videos explaining the concept and let people unlock the full version of the concept for whatever sum you want

You can do a video per "chapter" , and that way people can just pay for what they want using the link in the description

That way you don't have to make a 10 hour course and hope people care

Last edited:

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
You are lucky because you have a starting point for an business . Take action!

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
621%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Everyone is saying "Don't procrastinate! Do it!"

but we have 0 insight into your situation, your goals, what supposed "knowledge" you have to offer in the form of a course.

Tell us about you first.

Maybe the course is a good idea, maybe it's a waste of time, maybe it's a mediocre option that would sorta work but there's a better option lingering around that would help you accomplish your long term goals (most likely option).

I think almost all things "can work". But to what degree is the question. It usually depends on how much you are going to commit yourself to it. And also, are there better options? Another important question.

Give us a rundown on your situation, your goals, and a little about this "knowledge" you have. I bet there's a better opportunity than just a course but you have to give us some info first.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
Does it make money while you sleep?

Onakosa

"When I grow up I want to be ... "
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Oct 23, 2020
UK
Before you get too into the process, do some research on potential earnings. I believe Udemy takes about 75% of the price of the course ... and they're not exactly high-priced to begin with.

IvanMontillaM

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Aug 11, 2015
Caracas, Venezuela

I don't think it's Fastlane because it violates the Commandment of Entry and the Commandment of Control. It does, however, comply with the Commandment of Scale, Time, and arguably Need depending on what you're teaching.

Nonetheless, I believe it's a good starter. If you accumulate enough community from it, that can be converted into a Fastlane, via creating your own website afterwards, your own social media, etc etc etc.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.