The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Introverts vs Extroverts (The forum is mostly introverts?)

Are you introvert or extrovert?

• Total voters

Suzanne Bazemore

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Sep 30, 2018
Spring, TX
I am INFP-A, a mediator personality, which is funny because I am a school counselor. I get sapped at work, and my husband works from home, so when I come home, he wants to go out with friends, and I don't, because I am peopled out. I am 53% introvert and 47% extrovert. I am comfortable talking to strangers, I could speak in front of a very large crowd and not be nervous. I haven't always been like this, though. I had to teach myself to be outgoing, because I like people, but I was shy when I was a kid. My daughter calls me an ambivert.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

maikooo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Dec 7, 2018
I am INFP-A, a mediator personality, which is funny because I am a school counselor. I get sapped at work, and my husband works from home, so when I come home, he wants to go out with friends, and I don't, because I am peopled out. I am 53% introvert and 47% extrovert. I am comfortable talking to strangers, I could speak in front of a very large crowd and not be nervous. I haven't always been like this, though. I had to teach myself to be outgoing, because I like people, but I was shy when I was a kid. My daughter calls me an ambivert.
Thanks for sharing Suzanne! :) ambivert, haven't heard that one before. But can relate with teaching yourself certain skills to succeed in life and entrepreneurship!

Not Most People

"If everyone else is doing it, its probably wrong"
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Jan 28, 2019
Scottsdale, AZ
I think by most people's definition I would tend towards the introvert side, as I definitely value my alone time to think and recharge.

However, I consider myself more of an "ambivert" - meaning a mix of intro/extrovert.

For example, I need my alone time but I also enjoy social interactions and people. I start to go a little crazy if I spend too much time one way or another so it's a fine balancing act.

I would imagine many people don't fit squarely in either side, kinda like an independent voter for lack of better analogy.

My humble opinion is that it can be detrimental to identifying too strongly with either - simply that it can become your identity to where you begin limiting yourself.

For example, say you're more of an introvert so you begin thinking "I'm not good around people so I'll stay away from them."

MJ specifically gives an example of this Unscripted. He explains that even as a natural introvert, it's still important in most fields to get out of that comfort zone and interact with others in order to achieve certain goals

Just my 2 cents (and 1st ever forum post!)

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I think by most people's definition I would tend towards the introvert side, as I definitely value my alone time to think and recharge.

However, I consider myself more of an "ambivert" - meaning a mix of intro/extrovert.

For example, I need my alone time but I also enjoy social interactions and people. I start to go a little crazy if I spend too much time one way or another so it's a fine balancing act.

I would imagine many people don't fit squarely in either side, kinda like an independent voter for lack of better analogy.

My humble opinion is that it can be detrimental to identifying too strongly with either - simply that it can become your identity to where you begin limiting yourself.

For example, say you're more of an introvert so you begin thinking "I'm not good around people so I'll stay away from them."

MJ specifically gives an example of this Unscripted. He explains that even as a natural introvert, it's still important in most fields to get out of that comfort zone and interact with others in order to achieve certain goals

Just my 2 cents (and 1st ever forum post!)
If every post after this is as through and part of the conversation, you'll for right in around here. Stick around!

EnvisionEd

Education Revolutionary
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Nov 28, 2018
New Philadelphia, OH
Great thread; I am a high percentage extrovert...Type A personality that has been driven to succeed my entire life. I love social situations and I really enjoy talking to people, hearing their stories and building relationships with them. I try very hard to be in the moment no matter what I'm doing and I hope people see that as genuine and that I really care about them. People often joke that I would talk to a spider on the wall if it talked back, but I don't think that's a bad thing. I know there are some people out there who are pure salesmen and that's not me...in fact, I can't stand that. I just really enjoy being around people and I think that's how you change things for the better.

c.dream87

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Dec 1, 2016
I took the test, because I was curious, I was "Defender" (ISFJ-t).
I am very introverted every time I have to talk to someone, even on the phone, I turn red in the face, I sweat my hands, but when I start talking and feel that there is continuation I let myself go.
Over the years I managed to mitigate this thing.
My mother tells me I'm sociopathic.
I find myself better in front of a PC, in fact I made several friends / acquaintances on the internet.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I took the test, because I was curious, I was "Defender" (ISFJ-t).
I am very introverted every time I have to talk to someone, even on the phone, I turn red in the face, I sweat my hands, but when I start talking and feel that there is continuation I let myself go.
Over the years I managed to mitigate this thing.
My mother tells me I'm sociopathic.
I find myself better in front of a PC, in fact I made several friends / acquaintances on the internet.
I find it amazing mothers are always the best psychiatrists. Don't believe everything you here. I believe most Introverts have anxiety, intensity, and get over it once they get more active in what they're doing, adapt, adjust, and apply what they learn.

c.dream87

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Dec 1, 2016
I find it amazing mothers are always the best psychiatrists. Don't believe everything you here. I believe most Introverts have anxiety, intensity, and get over it once they get more active in what they're doing, adapt, adjust, and apply what they learn.

My mother is very extrovert, she is a singer, and the stage is her strong point.
We are different, completely different, but we have a good relationship when we do not fight.
When I have to do something, I need to know everything I need, I have to know the theory first, then I do

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.