The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Intro from a newbie stuck in the corporate prison

thisismyjourney

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Apr 12, 2019
G'day from Australia. I've recently joined after listening to the audible versions of TMFL and Unscripted .

I'm currently stuck in the corporate prison working long hours during the week, and sometimes requiring work during the weekends. It's a product of my own creation. I earn a decent, 'mediocre comfort' level salary, but the time trade off I have to make is definitely not worth it. Heck, with the amount of hours I work these days, I can barely even enjoy my 'mediocre comfort'. I feel trapped, exhausted every day and for me, unless I want to just exist in a life of 'mediocre comfort', there is no other option but to escape the rat race. I can't remember the last time that I felt genuine happiness. The thought of going to the corporate prison just makes me feel miserable. It's safe to say that I've had my 'F*ck this' moment.

I am determined to get out of the rat race, even if I have to compromise sleep for it. I'm currently working on an Amazon FBA business, researching ways that I can add value to the market. I have let my corporate job get in the way of progress, but I can't let this take over my life. I want my freedom back. I want my life back. I want to feel happy again.

Looking forward to contributing to the forum in a meaningful way!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bryan James

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jul 1, 2018
Texas, USA
Short term sacrifice for long term results. There's nothing wrong with living in the Slowlane while building a Fastlane road trip in the meantime. In my early 20s I lived alone in motels ($50 per 24 hours bad), and back at my parents's house while saving every penny I made and simultaneously building businesses that eventually paid off big time. As a young single man living in motels and, even worse, my parents's house, going to work as a paralegal for an estate attorney, this was humiliating and basically my personal experience of a living hell. But when everyone else I knew my age had to pay their rent (my parents let me stay if I paid for my own food; my friends's rent was something like $600/month average plus debts), after about 2 years or so, the saving, the working, the risking, the struggling, the sacrificing of everything I really wanted to do (basically partying, women, and being lazy and stupid all day), all eventually just paid off. Eat crap for a while, so long as you're building up for yourself in the short future.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...