The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Interesting conversations I've been having lately

Anything related to matters of the mind

qsilver000

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 18, 2019
Wanted to talk to you guys about some conversations I've been having lately with friends and family. When I talk to them about my aspirations, they often get triggered by it (eventually) and I was thinking to myself *WHY*?

What's particularly interesting is the fact that they often project their own insecurities and attempt to "fix" their bad decisions through me. Like "don't do that! I did it and went in massive debt!" Or "you're kinda old do be getting involved in that sort of thing." Even though I'm only 40.

So I started asking myself, why exactly are they so fumed by my perspective...until I realized something. Deep down, they're too caught up with the "work 40 years then retire" mentality, so looking at my age, they think I'm too late in the game to find a pathway that will be fulfilling. They say I should find "anything" to do (even if pay is shit) *besides* what I want to do.

I guess what I'm getting at is whether or not you're "late in the game" with entrepreneurial work or not, if you've got grit and passion and dedication to the type of business you wanna start and you may have to go into a little debt to make it happen, go for it. I'm not one to demonize debt.

Plus, the average age today is 85. Well, think about when regular people *start* to have their health deficiencies. Much younger.

They bite the bullet and push through to do their miserable 9-5. Not saying a 9-5 is bad for everyone. But when it comes down to it, you gotta find what resonates with you. On the one hand, I'd rather live 65 years doing what I love than 200 doing what I hate.

On the flip side, I'd rather live to 100 doing what I love. So I mean, why not have both? Longevity *and* love life? All this conventional wisdom in society is the very core of why the masses are so screwed up. They feel too much pressure to do what they're supposed to do. Or they receive contradictory advice or other tips that plain suck.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.