MJ DeMarco
I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Read Choose Hard!
After reading the story about Andres car getting tagged and no one taking responsibility ... I thought I'd post a poll about Integrity.
This happened to me 2 days ago and I'm curious how others would react. Please be honest in the poll.
Here is the story ...
I'm at the marble/stone store and I purchased 800 tiles of small stone tiles. Each tile was 45 cents. I also purchased 10 decorative marble tiles which were priced at $7.99 each.
I explain to the sales rep that I have 810 tiles ... 800 and 10. She tells me the amount I owe and I pay. She gives me the receipt, says thank you, and walks away.
As I start rolling out of the store, I glance at my receipt and realize that I was charged 45 cents for the $7.99 tiles. Basically, I was undercharged about $75.
I stop in my tracks and immediately react ... no internal thinking or pondering ....I yell half-way across the store, "Excuse me, I think you rang me up wrong".
The lady turns around and gives me somewhat a grimace, obviously jumping to the conclusion that I think I've been overcharged. I tell her that I was undercharged and that the expensive, decorative tiles weren't charged correctly, she immediately looked like she seen a ghost. She says "Wow, thank you so much for your honesty" to which I replied "Its the only way to do business".
10 minutes later and $75 more, I was on my way. It feels great to live a life of integrity which is why I believe I am blessed with richness in life, happiness, love, and money.
Question is, how many others would have done the same thing? I would speculate 5% of the world would "Do the Right Thing" and that, makes me sad.
This happened to me 2 days ago and I'm curious how others would react. Please be honest in the poll.
Here is the story ...
I'm at the marble/stone store and I purchased 800 tiles of small stone tiles. Each tile was 45 cents. I also purchased 10 decorative marble tiles which were priced at $7.99 each.
I explain to the sales rep that I have 810 tiles ... 800 and 10. She tells me the amount I owe and I pay. She gives me the receipt, says thank you, and walks away.
As I start rolling out of the store, I glance at my receipt and realize that I was charged 45 cents for the $7.99 tiles. Basically, I was undercharged about $75.
I stop in my tracks and immediately react ... no internal thinking or pondering ....I yell half-way across the store, "Excuse me, I think you rang me up wrong".
The lady turns around and gives me somewhat a grimace, obviously jumping to the conclusion that I think I've been overcharged. I tell her that I was undercharged and that the expensive, decorative tiles weren't charged correctly, she immediately looked like she seen a ghost. She says "Wow, thank you so much for your honesty" to which I replied "Its the only way to do business".
10 minutes later and $75 more, I was on my way. It feels great to live a life of integrity which is why I believe I am blessed with richness in life, happiness, love, and money.
Question is, how many others would have done the same thing? I would speculate 5% of the world would "Do the Right Thing" and that, makes me sad.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
