The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Instagram Marketing ($100K+ profit, 4M followers)

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

vonmaxim

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Oct 30, 2015
Thanks Aaron - here is where we are.

We are building a brand that we are launching in January.

We have been VERY specific with our keywords over the last couple of months and we are at 7000 followers as of this morning.

We post at least 6 images a day, and each images is getting over 100 likes.

We are very happy with the growth.

We want to put our BRAND image as a top post and keep it there for our niche hashtags.

We haven't bought anything or done anything shady so far except for use FollowLiker in a very targeted way.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
Thanks Aaron - here is where we are.

We are building a brand that we are launching in January.

We have been VERY specific with our keywords over the last couple of months and we are at 7000 followers as of this morning.

We post at least 6 images a day, and each images is getting over 100 likes.

We are very happy with the growth.

We want to put our BRAND image as a top post and keep it there for our niche hashtags.

We haven't bought anything or done anything shady so far except for use FollowLiker in a very targeted way.

Ok cool, I'm going to point out a few things here which you should be aware of if you are a brand.

1: Brand image is everything on Instagram, you are visually telling a story of who you are and what value you are adding to the world. Therefore, anything fake on your account applies that your brand accepts using unfair advantages to exploit systems. Not good right?

2: If you are going to go ahead with this, make sure the image you choose is damn F*cking good and sparks a lot of attention. This will make the likes look realistic and not question why this one image has 5k likes instead of the others you have uploaded (100+ likes).

3: I also recommend only getting the amount of likes to just position yourself in the top. Once again what do you want out of this? Followers, likes, sales? You're best off buying a shout out from a respected account in your niche and using good marketing skills: short caption that enforces a clear CTA.

It's not going to stay up there for long, 72 hours max if it keeps getting comments and likes from others. Also if its just a brand image, so what? Why the hell are people going to be interested in this. People use Instagram to see cool shit that's interesting and creates emotion. I'm not trying to be rude, just clear in my statements so you don't end up making a bad decision.

vonmaxim

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Oct 30, 2015
Aaron - this is awesome feedback. Thank you very much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vonmaxim

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Oct 30, 2015
OK - a question based on your last statement.

I have been monitoring the top posts in our keywords and there is a post that is ALWAYS the top post. It has DOUBLE the likes of the second post and it has been there since I started monitoring weeks ago.

Any ideas on that one?

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
OK - a question based on your last statement.

I have been monitoring the top posts in our keywords and there is a post that is ALWAYS the top post. It has DOUBLE the likes of the second post and it has been there since I started monitoring weeks ago.

Any ideas on that one?

Send me the hashtag via private message and I'll take a look. Without knowing the hashtag it's hard for me to say as different factors could effect this.

IGP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 24, 2015
Hey JimD,

Can you explain the "rooted android device" setup? I understand it is root access to your linux OS, but how does that allow you to create unlimited accounts? You still need them PV, so are you jsut talking about switching accounts via a single device?

Thanks!
IGP

cytorider

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 25, 2013
OP a couple questions. Thanks for sharing your results. I've dabbled with cpa and affiliate programs in the past.

1. What is your conversion rate on cpa traffic?
2. How often do you promote your offers?
3. What type of niches (without going into specifics) do best in your experience?

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
OP a couple questions. Thanks for sharing your results. I've dabbled with cpa and affiliate programs in the past.

3. What type of niches (without going into specifics) do best in your experience?

Evergreen niches work great. Otherwise think of what young females like, they make up a huge audience on Instagram. 53% of users are 18-29.

Some ideas however: Fitness, health, making money, trucks, cars, pets, make up, memes, comics etc...

cytorider

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 25, 2013
Evergreen niches work great. Otherwise think of what young females like, they make up a huge audience on Instagram. 53% of users are 18-29.

Some ideas however: Fitness, health, making money, trucks, cars, pets, make up, memes, comics etc...

So you've done this too? Whats the best month you've had so far?

What are effective ways to get followers?

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
So you've done this too? Whats the best month you've had so far?

What are effective ways to get followers?

I don't do exactly the same as OP but I know my way around Instagram and have my own methods. It's not my main source of income though, just a nice side lump of cash.

Using automation programs like mentioned in this post. Get your hands on FollowLiker. Use the follow/unfollow method to about 20-30k followers. Then switch to like peoples photos who are following a specific account.

BaladOfARichMan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Sep 5, 2013
Spain, Germany
Hi @JimD
Awesome thread.

Im new to IG and I'd like to know what kind of public is there. I mean if I wanted to promote there, what would be the best products to promote?

From what I've roughly seen it is a lot of models using clothes and cosmetics. Something else apart from that?
Im interested on paying influencers there, but need to know the market first.

Thanks

ck4750

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Feb 17, 2014
Missouri
Hi @JimD
Awesome thread.

Im new to IG and I'd like to know what kind of public is there. I mean if I wanted to promote there, what would be the best products to promote?

From what I've roughly seen it is a lot of models using clothes and cosmetics. Something else apart from that?
Im interested on paying influencers there, but need to know the market first.

Thanks

Anything that can be glorified through photography is excellent for IG.

vonmaxim

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Oct 30, 2015
OK - I wanted to post a progress update. It has taken a bit of trial and error, but we are really pleased with the results.

We've been at this about 7 weeks and started with a "dead" account that was about 1 year old.

This morning we went over 7400 very targeted followers. :)

Here is what we are doing.

We have a "brand" rather than a person and we are posting mostly quotes based around that brand.

We are posting 8-12 images a day. For us, there is a definite correlation between number of photos and followers.

We have 30 hashtags on each photo that are targeted to our audience niche.

We are liking targeted photos.

We are doing keyword targeted follow / unfollow as well as those who like our photos.

We are NOT commenting.

Everything we are doing is automated with FollowLiker.

Today was the first 24hr period where we received 300 new followers.

:)

Last edited:

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
OK - I wanted to post a progress update. It has taken a bit of trial and error, but we are really pleased with the results.

We've been at this about 7 weeks and started with a "dead" account that was about 1 year old.

This morning we went over 7400 very targeted followers. :)

Here is what we are doing.

We have a "brand" rather than a person and we are posting mostly quotes based around that brand.

We are posting 8-12 images a day. For us, there is a definite correlation between number of photos and followers.

We have 30 hashtags on each photo that are targeted to our audience niche.

We are liking targeted photos.

We are doing keyword targeted follow / unfollow as well as those who like our photos.

We are NOT commenting.

Everything we are doing is automated with FollowLiker.

Today was the first 24hr period where we received 300 new followers.

:)

I'm taking this that you are running a possible 'business' account because you said brand.

1: 8-12 images is excessive. 3-4 is enough for a brand/business.
2: 30 hashtags is really ugly in a lot of users eyes. Your being a like whore. 6-10 hashtags is enough.
3: Trust me, I'm batman.
4: Low account with them gains:

tNYuMpE.png

PS - I won't be giving away my settings. I don't want everyone using them and causing a pattern to happen.

IGP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 24, 2015
PS - I won't be giving away my settings. I don't want everyone using them and causing a pattern to happen.

Whatever floats your boat... However, your settings use ranges right? Which means they are semi-random... Add that to the fact that there are 200MM Instagram users and the chance of a pattern happening are close to zero.

zapcity

God is in the details
FASTLANE INSIDER
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jul 29, 2013
Use the follow/unfollow method to about 20-30k followers.
What do you think would be a good follow/unfollow amount per day to achieve this target?

Arion

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 14, 2015
Greece
Hey Jim! Thank you for this AMA.

My questions:

1) What are the benefits of owning a private bot?

2) How to educate myself about instagram marketing? I have seen some free guides from Shopify and other blog, but I dont know if thats enough. I have also found some other paid guides on warriorforum, but I dont want to spend any money on content I can find for free. Do you recommend any specific guide?

3) I was wondering where accounts like that @mrmorero, find these awesome high quality pictures without buying them and how they do their own watermarks on the photos. What tools do you reccoment for editing these photos?

4) Producing and posting about 2-3 pictures every day requires a lot content to create. How to you keep ideas flowing every day?

Thanks in advance,
Arion

Last edited:

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

Dicky Dee

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
May 25, 2014
I like to target a big page's followers within my niche instead of hashtags.
On followliker do you use FLC:"ig name" and the query type would be "users followers"

Would you be able to share your followliker settings? Any other followliker settings you can recommend?

Thanks!

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
On followliker do you use FLC:"ig name" and the query type would be "users followers"

Would you be able to share your followliker settings? Any other followliker settings you can recommend?

Thanks!
They're in the thread.

Dicky Dee

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
May 25, 2014
Awesome thread, @JimD!

I started (in April) a motivational quote account (that market is huge by the way), and manually got 11-12k followers by doing the follow/unfollow method. I had a huge percentage of followbacks because of my quality content (important guys). However, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone because it doesn't generate "organic" followers. So even with that many followers, I would still only get 100-300 likes per picture.

Due to getting bored and busy, I haven't been tending to the IG account, but this thread sparked by interest again.

Question: My account which doesn't post very often (once every week or two), but focuses on quality posts instead, could that turn into something huge? I see most accounts in the same niche just blows up their IG by posting as much as 2-4 times a day. As mentioned, the photos are of motivational quotes with some cool background photo, but I also supplement the quote with a text/story related to the quote below in picture description, which makes my account stand out from the rest.

What are you using to create your posts? I've been looking for a good site or app that can do this instead of photoshop

Dicky Dee

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
May 25, 2014
They're in the thread.

i saw the settings for between 1900-2100 likes per day with a certain amount of delay that i dont remember, but im talking about how to follow a specific accounts followers and like there pictures.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
i saw the settings for between 1900-2100 likes per day with a certain amount of delay that i dont remember, but im talking about how to follow a specific accounts followers and like there pictures.
when you download Followliker there's an instructions page that comes with it. It's on there.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Quick word of warning...

Commenting on pages with a lot of followers (multiple times) or leaving post comments with multiple tags (@user1 and @user2) is a very quick way to get flagged for spam. I have have this happen twice already. For now I will let it grow organically for a few weeks and then look into some growth hacks.

I have over 50+ followers within a day and lots of engagement. My first pic has 60+ likes which is great.

Didn't realize how powerful Instagram really is. The Fastlane Fitness thread that started recently really opened my eyes.

Question: does getting flagged for comments stay on my account forever, any limits to how many you get before you are banned?
I am sensing a very small element of control here. I will be launching a website soon to link to and hopefully offset that a bit.

vonmaxim

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Oct 30, 2015
Hey Guys

Our project is really rocking, we woke up to 8900 followers this morning - and we are being VERY targeted to our niche.

Can someone give me some guidance on Direct Messages please?

I want to reach out to the people who are liking our images and ask them to follow.

Will that make a significant difference?

We are doing :
image posts
follow / unfollow
liking images

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Hey Guys

Our project is really rocking, we woke up to 8900 followers this morning - and we are being VERY targeted to our niche.

Can someone give me some guidance on Direct Messages please?

I want to reach out to the people who are liking our images and ask them to follow.

Will that make a significant difference?

We are doing :
image posts
follow / unfollow
liking images

Maybe someone with more experience can add to this but I would stay away from doing DMing people. I think it can be reported as spam and just in general is quite intrusive. If I only liked a pic and then got a direct message I would be quite apprehensive about it.

I would have a cool picture mixed in with every 20-50 pics that has a call to action: 'like this page? then tag a friend' or 'like this, follw us and tell us why in the comments below...'

Run a competition or just some fun tag a friend theme.
Direct messaging on a large scale is a risky approach where all it takes is one person to report you as spam.

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
Automation:

Don't DM people
Don't Comment on Images

These are two major issues why people get banned automating, its too inhuman and to be honest for the risk the return isn't worth it.

Use iconsquare (makes it easy to manage commenting) and once a week (or more) reply to everyone who has commented on your OWN images to show you care about them.

On followliker do you use FLC:"ig name" and the query type would be "users followers
Thanks!

If you just want to follow people who follow a specific account you just use User's Follower and enter the account name as the query.

'FLC:' is intended for advance use when you need to save users who can then be used for your actions (like//unlike//unfollow//follow etc...)

pisco

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Nov 26, 2012
Vienna
Hello guys,

I know this thread is clearly focused on Instagram, BUT has anyone of you also tried tumblr or pinterest?

Should be similar method.

If you haven`t tried it, why not?

Kind regards and appreciate your feedback!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.