The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm selling planned funerals

Marketing, social media, advertising

Sickboy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Feb 7, 2020
During this quarantine I'm selling pre-necesity contracts online. I mean planned funerals. If people buy it they will avoid a lot of problems when a tragedy happens to them and other benefits. This service has a great value but most people don't percieve it. I need advice on how to conect this service with people through social media.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
Well,

what problems are avoided? I don't get it.
Same question... if your dead, your dead :)
If you want to spare the family some grief, maybe then they could be of service somehow?
I've heard of people that have "premade" plans written up for the family for the funeral, you could provide a "quick-sheet" for people to make their own plans, and then up-sell to them for you to spend the time, but you'll need to get boots on the ground in the area, could be a time consuming thing?

Did you run this through the cents scale?

Noo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Apr 21, 2018
I do get it that the problems avoided were for the family of the dead person, but I don't understand exactly how.

All the needs and wants can't be put in the paper is a testament, therefore that "service" already exists?

I don't know. Just asking.

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
I do get it that the problems avoided were for the family of the dead person, but I don't understand exactly how.

All the needs and wants can't be put in the paper is a testament, therefore that "service" already exists?

I don't know. Just asking.
@Sickboy was asking for help for help with social media, if I re-read his question it looks like he already has a valid business?

Read @Andy Black 's posts.. has a lot of free content about how to advertise.
Not sure if someone has an influencer in the dead/dying marketplace, I'm guessing you need to promote death to get more sales?

the most popular methods of reaching out to more people are:
- making a tutorial on how
- making a spreadsheet/paper with a checklist (buy more and we'll do all this for you
- making a video everyday of all the headaches involved with doing it, show yourself tearing your hair out, and finally figuring out how... and post that every day/week... people will gobble it up if you go from having a problem to figuring it out by the end of the day/week. and then in the long run, they'll eventually come to you when the time is right...

Donkky12

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
May 28, 2020
Australia/Singapore
During this quarantine I'm selling pre-necesity contracts online. I mean planned funerals. If people buy it they will avoid a lot of problems when a tragedy happens to them and other benefits. This service has a great value but most people don't percieve it. I need advice on how to conect this service with people through social media.

I'm quite certain that there are already pre-paid funerals contracts/funeral insurances out there. Is there a uniqueness in your service over those that are already out there? Are you afraid of the backlash you'll get for advertising something uncommon in a sense on social media (I'm not sure, but at least here in Australia, there are some political risk involved as well? PM - Consumers urged to mute funeral insurance adverts 21/08/2013, Life, funeral insurance cold calls to end)

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
The experience in my country is that people who think about funerals are old people, and old people are not on the internet.

Probably you need to look at offline channels.

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
The experience in my country is that people who think about funerals are old people, and old people are not on the internet.

Actually I've seen ads on YouTube for prepaid funerals.
The premise is that it's much cheaper to buy a plan because funeral directors overcharge, take advantage of people in their time of grief & it's never too early to plan ahead for the inevitable.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

When I visit my mum she watches channels showing programmes like "Murder She Wrote", "MASH", "Diagnosis Murder", etc. Old stuff. Old audience. Loads of ads for prepaid funerals.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.