The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

I'm selling planned funerals

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Sickboy

New Contributor
Feb 7, 2020
During this quarantine I'm selling pre-necesity contracts online. I mean planned funerals. If people buy it they will avoid a lot of problems when a tragedy happens to them and other benefits. This service has a great value but most people don't percieve it. I need advice on how to conect this service with people through social media.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Lyinx

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
Well,

what problems are avoided? I don't get it.
Same question... if your dead, your dead :)
If you want to spare the family some grief, maybe then they could be of service somehow?
I've heard of people that have "premade" plans written up for the family for the funeral, you could provide a "quick-sheet" for people to make their own plans, and then up-sell to them for you to spend the time, but you'll need to get boots on the ground in the area, could be a time consuming thing?

Did you run this through the cents scale?

Classmate

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Apr 21, 2018
I do get it that the problems avoided were for the family of the dead person, but I don't understand exactly how.

All the needs and wants can't be put in the paper is a testament, therefore that "service" already exists?

I don't know. Just asking.

Lyinx

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
I do get it that the problems avoided were for the family of the dead person, but I don't understand exactly how.

All the needs and wants can't be put in the paper is a testament, therefore that "service" already exists?

I don't know. Just asking.
@Sickboy was asking for help for help with social media, if I re-read his question it looks like he already has a valid business?

Read @andyblack's posts.. has a lot of free content about how to advertise.
Not sure if someone has an influencer in the dead/dying marketplace, I'm guessing you need to promote death to get more sales?

the most popular methods of reaching out to more people are:
- making a tutorial on how
- making a spreadsheet/paper with a checklist (buy more and we'll do all this for you
- making a video everyday of all the headaches involved with doing it, show yourself tearing your hair out, and finally figuring out how... and post that every day/week... people will gobble it up if you go from having a problem to figuring it out by the end of the day/week. and then in the long run, they'll eventually come to you when the time is right...

Donkky12

New Contributor
May 28, 2020
Australia/Singapore
During this quarantine I'm selling pre-necesity contracts online. I mean planned funerals. If people buy it they will avoid a lot of problems when a tragedy happens to them and other benefits. This service has a great value but most people don't percieve it. I need advice on how to conect this service with people through social media.
I'm quite certain that there are already pre-paid funerals contracts/funeral insurances out there. Is there a uniqueness in your service over those that are already out there? Are you afraid of the backlash you'll get for advertising something uncommon in a sense on social media (I'm not sure, but at least here in Australia, there are some political risk involved as well? PM - Consumers urged to mute funeral insurance adverts 21/08/2013, Life, funeral insurance cold calls to end)

Kevin88660

Silver Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
The experience in my country is that people who think about funerals are old people, and old people are not on the internet.

Probably you need to look at offline channels.

Odysseus M Jones

1046, 1569, 2092, 3138...
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Feb 2, 2020
50.4555° N, 4.4647° W
The experience in my country is that people who think about funerals are old people, and old people are not on the internet.

Probably you need to look at offline channels.
Actually I've seen ads on YouTube for prepaid funerals.
The premise is that it's much cheaper to buy a plan because funeral directors overcharge, take advantage of people in their time of grief & it's never too early to plan ahead for the inevitable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
Hi guys, I repost here my old review with a small update : Feb 2020 : Hi guys, Just wanted...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Ah, I should've checked here to find out that it was free! Although, Amazon only charged $2 for...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Pick the one you need most. Some just buy them all. :D Loving your email sequence.
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Dropping a quick note in here to say... if you are on TFL, you are part of an elite group of...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I joined @Kak's business incubator in the first week of May. During our daily chats we uncovered...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock