The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

If you suck...here's why

Anything related to matters of the mind

rxcknrxll

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
May 16, 2008
Space
I just read a sweet blog post I wanted to share. This guy writes a blog for hardcore fighters. You know...MMA fighting and all those kind of guys. I talk all the time about the body/mind connection and that training your body not only builds physical strength but mental strength as well. Training yourself in any intense physical discipline by default trains you in the basic principles of success...principles that can be applied to any field with amazing results.

Here's the post.

Successful people and ordinary people both do many of the right things with their time. Ordinary people simply do the right things a little bit less often, and that's really the dividing line. Ordinary people who want to get in shape eat well...most of the time. Successful people eat right every day. Ordinary people who want to make more sales prospect...most of the time. Successful sales people prospect daily.

It's not luck. It's not IQ. It's not even opportunity. It's intensity. People who intensely want to succeed usually do. It's those of us who'd "like" to make more money, who would "like" to drive a better car, etc...it's those of us with mediocre drive who usually get mediocre results.

If you don't have what you want in life, get off your a$$. Is it really as simple as that? Well let me tell you something: when you're busy working on your dreams, there's no time to bitch about things. You're too busy making things happen. You know what they say in food service..."if you got time to lean, you got time to clean". Well in the fastlane, it's "if you have time to bitch about your problems, then you've obviously taken your foot off the gas." I know, it doesn't rhyme...

Are there obstacles and hurdles to overcome? Always. All there is is work. And on the far side of work is...success, moments of sublime opulence, and then more work. That's what success is, and that's why there's no magic to it. People who have it all are simply the people who get more done, and the only way you're EVER going to get more done than the next guy is to want it more and follow through. That's my rant for the day :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lightning

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 24, 2007
Northern, NJ
Great message and GREAT thread title! LOL Rep speed ++ for sharing with us! :)

rxcknrxll

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
May 16, 2008
Space
LOL. thanks! i read that "rich jerk" site yesterday and that dude is funny. He's got a real niche going. Degrade people in order to get them to listen. Ha! An interesting tactic. I thought I'd cop a little on that.

CoMp1eX

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Sep 1, 2007
That's for posting up that site, found a few gem articles in it. :tiphat:

Plus I just moved to LV and the heat gets to me where I like to stay inside and relax, so I need to get into gear.. 6th gear.

WheelsRCool

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Aug 12, 2007
Awesome post! I would rep you but it won't let me right now (says I need to spread some reputation around or something...).

cmartin371

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Apr 14, 2008
Nashua, NH
Great Post. There are a lot of good things that can be taken from Mixed Martial Arts or the fighting arts in general! I am a big MMA fan and tend to be surrounded by these fighters quite often. Some of the best athletes in the world IMO.

Chris

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Your daily thoughts tell the world what you want, Your daily actions tell the world what you will get.

Very good way to round out that blog. Good post.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.