The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

If you decide to go Fastlane, you are setting yourself up for failure...

Anything related to matters of the mind

Gepi

In it to win it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jul 3, 2018
Germany
Yes.
If you decide to turn your life around, pursue an entrepreneurial life, try to start and grow your own business instead of working for someone else and finally uncouple cashflow from time,
you are setting yourself up for failure.

This thought occurred to me while I am in the midst of growing my own passive income generator, as an online educator and artist/designer (see progress thread here).
Like so many of you, at one point I decided to change my life, and the book TMF was a big part of this mindset shift.

I started working towards the objective of more financial freedom. I got a degree in economics/digitization. I learned about the technical and the business skills I needed as an artist. And all of this started to reward me, financially and personally!

And yet, I'd say was a huge boatload of failures from the moment I decided that I wanted my life to change.

Now why? Why will this mindset shift, this big and important "f*** this" moment, this motivation all lead to failure?

Because every time you want to learn something new, you need to fail - towards success.

Imagine learning to ride a bike. You will fall multiple times. You will hurt your knees. You will cry because the handle will pull to the side and you'll land in the mud.

Or learning to speak a language like a native. How many times do you need to make a mistake in a language to finally get it right? To need someone to correct you? To fumble to get your mouth to form the correct syllables and understand the things people say, and they always seem to speak lightning fast? Probably a thousand times? Ten thousand? Even more, in all likelihood. Or the moments you answer to a mundane question like "What do you want to drink" with something like "ball juice" because you confused the word for apple with the word for ball, and be the highlight of the evening from there?

By now you will probably get my point.

Learning to be a fastlaner, to embrace this mindset, to understand what you actually need to DO in your life to make the changes happen that you want to see: it is a complete new world, a combination of multiple skills that you need to master.

So why on earth would you expect it to be easy? Why on earth would you expect NOT to fail? Not to make mistakes, maybe even big ones, that hurt?

I say: embrace these failures. Expect them. Go for it with the thought: "this is probably not going to be the best course of action" (except if you are already a pro and teaching others, but even then!).

If you want to go Fastlane, you are setting yourself up for many sweet, sweet failures, and by that life will teach you how to do it the right way.
Of course, having a good mentor and a community is a brillant idea for exactly this reason, so that you will be spared some of the mistakes that others already did for you. Nothing beats personal experience.

But - you can have fun along the way. Yes, it will hurt - but it will be all the more rewarding because of this.
Embrace the process, stay curious.
Accept that this is the way you need to learn. Others have gotten there before you, so can you.
If you'd get the price right away, you wouldn't be able to savor it.
Go and earn it - with many, many failures, until you're finally there.

Hope this is helpful for some of you.

God bless :blush:
Gepi

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MRiabov

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
May 30, 2023
You don't "need" to fail. You might, of course, but that is a corollary, just like as saying that

"To cook eggs, you need to dig a firepit".

Well, it can be, but it you can just turn on the stove and it will work too...

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Oct 10, 2022
You don't "need" to fail. You might, of course, but that is a corollary, just like as saying that

Yes, you NEED and WILL fail. It is part of the process. For example, failure could mean that one ad channel you thought would work didn't work in the end. It does not have to be the end of the world as we know it.

I have never seen a business that did not fail in something.
And I have never seen anyone (including me) that did not fail at one time or another.
So indeed embrassing it from the beginning just makes your life easier.

Gepi

In it to win it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jul 3, 2018
Germany

Hi MRiabov, thank you for your thoughts!
I'd say that your example does not quite fit the thought I was trying to convey.

Yes, of course you might be able to cook eggs on your first try.

But - what if you'd never cooked eggs before, and you don't have a stove yet, and you are not sure how eggs are even working inside, and on top you want to create not only cooked eggs but a beautiful puffed up soufflé?

Well, then, I'd be willing to bet that you'd break more than a few eggs in the process...and maybe even waste them.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.