The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

When Did You Decide To Commit To The Fastlane?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Haelios

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Jul 9, 2019
Virginia
It's been a while since I last posted and I know, this topic has probably been talked about a thousand times by this point, but it's still an interesting discussion.

So, I've got to ask, what made YOU commit to the Fastlane mentality?

For me, it was just a few weeks ago. Following my failed business venture with one of my friends, I ended up taking the Slowlane route for a bit. I went to Ohio State and was studying to become an electrical engineer. Aside from the partying, my time spent there was pretty self destructive. Things got so bad that I ended up walking in the middle of the road at night hoping that I'd get hit by a car or that something would happen.

Eventually I had a long chat with my close friends and they started showing me how clueless I really was, at least for a game plan for a career. I was planning on getting a major in electrical engineering, yet I sucked at physics, I didn't even know what kind of specialization I'd want to do, I didn't expect to get a job right out of college, and so much more. There were too many opportunities for things to go wrong that it just crushed me. My friends eventually offered me to get out of college to get started on committing to the Fastlane by giving me a plane ticket down to their place. It was really hard to make that decision, my family was completely opposed to me dropping college and believed that if I did, it'd be the biggest mistake of my life. I ended up taking that plane ticket, not for my friends, not for my family, but just for myself since I decided to commit to the Fastlane as soon as possible, rather than keep pushing it back further and further.

Things aren't as peachy as I'd like it to be since my bank accounts down to single digits, I have no car, I'm working night shifts for $10/hr alongside Upwork copywriting gigs, and my food choices are restricted to cup ramen, bananas, and peanut butter sandwiches. Even though things are pretty shitty right now, I've never felt better in my whole life since everything I do from here on out will help me reach the Fastlane.

That's all I'll say for now, I'm pretty curious as to what was the driving moment for everyone else though. If you haven't committed yet, why not? What's holding you back?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Haelios

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Jul 9, 2019
Virginia
I can't manage to get a job. Instead of training to work for someone else I train to work for myself.

It took me a while to snag a job for myself considering I didn't have too much work experience prior to coming here. I don't enjoy what I do but there aren't too many options available for me at the moment besides my current place as well as Upwork.

Another thing to consider about working these dead end jobs is that they're not a permanent choice, unless you really hate yourself. There are too many occasions where someone stayed at a place like McDonalds for more than ten years because the pay slowly increases and gets better as you go on.

Places like that should only be used to build up more capital so that you can setup your getaway into the Fastlane.

Siddhartha

Pleasure Operator
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Mar 30, 2019
Within my 3rd week of my first post-college job, I knew I was fed a steaming, malodorous pile of BS by the education-workforce complex. While I didn't exactly know what fastlane was, I knew that there were Tim Ferris-types out there and that there were people who worked for themselves. So there was a way out.

Like most of us did, I started reading and learning, a lot. In march of this year, having met the same situations and people I left my last job because of, I came across TMF . I was hooked by the third chapter and finished the entire tome in a day.

Since that day, my every waking thought has focused on how to create create value for others and ignite change. Much like you, I'm supplementing my income with upwork copywriting and creating solid value for clients. I'm working towards the day I can support myself from freelance work and focus on educating myself in things I can really use to create value.

Until then, it's just a matter of going through the process and staying with my mastermind group. I can't imagine trying to aim my life in any other way. There's a lot of uncertainty and risk that exists in my life now, but I can only imagine how good the taste of my last day as a wage-slave will be.

Haelios

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Jul 9, 2019
Virginia
Within my 3rd week of my first post-college job, I knew I was fed a steaming, malodorous pile of BS by the education-workforce complex...

Like most of us did, I started reading and learning, a lot. In march of this year, having met the same situations and people I left my last job because of, I came across TMF . I was hooked by the third chapter and finished the entire tome in a day.

You bring up a really good point in terms of learning. That was one of the biggest problems I had when I was down at OSU, everything that I was taking wouldn't really apply when making that leap to the Fastlane.

During my time there, I was taking physics, calculus, boxing, literature, and a mandatory college experience course. Out of all the courses, the only two that I found enjoyable were boxing and calculus. While boxing is fun, I don't see how it could translate over to starting a business, except maybe for how to take hits and never give up. Mathematics is always useful, but we were only going over the most basic functions like how to find the inverse of an equation and how to use logarithms. All simplistic stuff, not really demanding.

Sure it could be argued that I was pursuing the wrong degree, but I'm not willing to sacrifice more time to try and figure out what's the best degree for me if I have to trudge through more unnecessary courses.

Tubs

Starting fresh
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Apr 5, 2019
VA
For me I've always been pretty interested in having a lot of money. I started my first job at 12. It was just a grocery bagger job that paid in tips. But I liked having the money(managed to have $3000 saved up by the end of high-school).

One day in class I decided to calculate how much I'd have to work to save up $1,000,000. I was making about $100 a day from my bagger job at the time. So I calculated that if I worked 7 days a week without spending any of it, it would only take 275 years!

Lol nope. I did the calculation with some different numbers and realized it was futile with all except the highest paying jobs and the lowest living expenses. So since then I realized I'd never get rich using a traditional job as the vehicle.

I went to college for electrical engineering and drooped out after realizing it wasn't for me. Then worked a few different jobs: grocery store cashier, car salesman, construction cleaner. I invested my money in crypto and lost a lot. Then I saved up a few thousand and moved out of my parents place this year.

I discovered tmf in July 2018 and did a few action-faking/unrealistic business ideas that wasted my time and money. But recently after learning more I've been improving. I came up with a realistic business idea I'm excited about, I got a nice stable job to cover my expenses while I make it happen, and I'm learning a little more each day. For me I hope to get into the fastlane soon, I decided to get into it back in July 2018. Now I just have to actually make it happen.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.