The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I think I got my Idea

heman

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Feb 4, 2024
Ohio
Hello Everyone!

This past weekend I picked up TMF , which successively led me to this forum, which successively led me to UNSCRIPTED , as well as The Weekend Millionaire by @noahkagan (I HIGHLY RECOMMEND)

First I would like to thank @MJ DeMarco for providing space for like-minded Entrepreneurs to establish community and help each other learn, as well as outlining the issues I've had with society ever since I was a teenager. I feel fortunate being 24 years old, and having my life in front of me. I know at one point I will be sharing what I have learned with others who are looking to start their journey. Whether I am a success or a failure, I think I will be happy either way.

It has taken me a minute, however thanks to some ideating, I think I have found a viable way to start making money independently! Already, my work is independent contracting/consulting, but it is stuck mainly working for one company, and seasonally at that (not a Fastlane route). But, I believe I have found my niche market in independent contractors and new business owners. I have dealt with multiple problems as an independent contractor: from taxes, to insurance, hospital bills, workers comp, etc. and I feel I have plenty to offer in terms of help on interpreting these things. I had to study and live through quite a few different experiences, not all of them fun, and I have come out a lot smarter than before. I know my logistics degree isn't going to scream CPA, Financial Advisor, or Quant lol however, I know I'm F*cking good at taxes despite how much I hate them.

I have already found companies to contact in regards to helping increase their sales channels through affiliate marketing techniques. However, I'm not going to engage in any content building until I have been able to talk with these companies. I figure there are legality issues and other problems at hand. I would like to see what content these companies would like to have pushed as well. I don't make something and it all to be for nothing. But also I think I might be able to circumvent legal issues if I am reciting advice given to me by my tax professional? Idk.

I think there is plenty of growth potential in this space. I mean, you're all here right! Small business owners seems to be my market, as well as any form of independent contractor. so let me ask, would you buy a mini course on how to review your 1099 and/or Sole Proprietor taxes. I know that doing anything involving corporate taxes would be out of my wheelhouse, but I haven't seen anybody doing anything regarding taxes at all and I think the space could open wide.

Please feel free to reach out and respond to this. I would love to hear from the community!

Best,
M

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I have already found companies to contact in regards to helping increase their sales channels through affiliate marketing techniques. However, I'm not going to engage in any content building until I have been able to talk with these companies. I figure there are legality issues and other problems at hand. I would like to see what content these companies would like to have pushed as well. I don't make something and it all to be for nothing. But also I think I might be able to circumvent legal issues if I am reciting advice given to me by my tax professional? Idk.

I think there is plenty of growth potential in this space. I mean, you're all here right! Small business owners seems to be my market, as well as any form of independent contractor. so let me ask, would you buy a mini course on how to review your 1099 and/or Sole Proprietor taxes. I know that doing anything involving corporate taxes would be out of my wheelhouse, but I haven't seen anybody doing anything regarding taxes at all and I think the space could open wide.

I'm not a fan of selling courses. This activity sounds more supplemental than primary.

For example, a newsletter is supplemental to the real business.

Welcome aboard!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hello Everyone!

This past weekend I picked up TMF , which successively led me to this forum, which successively led me to UNSCRIPTED , as well as The Weekend Millionaire by @noahkagan (I HIGHLY RECOMMEND)

First I would like to thank @MJ DeMarco for providing space for like-minded Entrepreneurs to establish community and help each other learn, as well as outlining the issues I've had with society ever since I was a teenager. I feel fortunate being 24 years old, and having my life in front of me. I know at one point I will be sharing what I have learned with others who are looking to start their journey. Whether I am a success or a failure, I think I will be happy either way.

It has taken me a minute, however thanks to some ideating, I think I have found a viable way to start making money independently! Already, my work is independent contracting/consulting, but it is stuck mainly working for one company, and seasonally at that (not a Fastlane route). But, I believe I have found my niche market in independent contractors and new business owners. I have dealt with multiple problems as an independent contractor: from taxes, to insurance, hospital bills, workers comp, etc. and I feel I have plenty to offer in terms of help on interpreting these things. I had to study and live through quite a few different experiences, not all of them fun, and I have come out a lot smarter than before. I know my logistics degree isn't going to scream CPA, Financial Advisor, or Quant lol however, I know I'm F*cking good at taxes despite how much I hate them.

Please feel free to reach out and respond to this. I would love to hear from the community!

Best,
M
Welcome.

The first functions I outsourced was book-keeping and accounts, so I'd not be a candidate for courses on taxes etc. (I'm not in the US either.)

I'm a sample size of one of course, so check with other people.

Maybe also Google for such courses and see if any ads pop up and what they promise.

heman

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Feb 4, 2024
Ohio
Welcome.

The first functions I outsourced was book-keeping and accounts, so I'd not be a candidate for courses on taxes etc. (I'm not in the US either.)

I'm a sample size of one of course, so check with other people.

Maybe also Google for such courses and see if any ads pop up and what they promise.
@Andy Black I come from the music festival industry where there are many independent contractors and freelancers. I'm confident this will be my general target audience. I've already asked a few friends if they would be willing to pay for some similar product/guide. Some are, some aren't.

Those that are are interested only to understand for their own personal purposes and uses. I would have to ensure there is good solid processes, information, and tools available for those who would purchase them. Things that would give learners competitive advantages, and myself a value proposition.

I've put together a landing page and am assembling a google ads campaign which should be active by the end of the day. I'm excited to see how much I will get from responses.

I'm not a fan of selling courses. This activity sounds more supplemental than primary.

For example, a newsletter is supplemental to the real business.

Welcome aboard!

@MJ DeMarco It's my first idea so I'm going to measily defend it like a good entrepreneur. That is, unless the ad campaign proves me otherwise. My main thought process is as follows: this stuff should've been taught in schools, and still nobody is teaching it. From what I've seen, no youtube videos, no courses, no nothing. The best thing somebody can do is a) go to a professional b) go to one of the big tax companies c) go to the irs. There is not much else besides that.

In all honesty, the ideating period has been pretty hard for me. From what I plan on doing, this has, in some way been able to satisfy CENTS.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I've already asked a few friends if they would be willing to pay for some similar product/guide. Some are, some aren't.
See if people you know will put their hand in their pocket first, before running ads to people who don't know you?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...