The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I need your help to get out of the emergency.

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

bluehorse

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Jul 1, 2020
Argentina
Hi. I am from Argentina. I tell you my story briefly: Right now I have a lousy job, a bad work environment, very bad work hours and, above all, low pay. To give you an idea, I am only making $ 200 per month.

Some time ago I read MJ DeMarco's book (that's why I'm here). From that moment I began to take courses to learn new skills (programming and design, not because MJ DeMarco did it but because it is something that I like and I never dared to do it and I know that with those skills and other related I can solve a problem, satisfy a demand, generate a project).

I have some ideas to develop or at least some vague ideas but it will only be possible to execute them when I have more knowledge, but while I train I need to live and eat. And here is the subject of this post:

In my country there is a great devaluation of the currency. If I could do something that would give me an extra of at least $ 200- $ 300 per month I could survive very well, it would be double or more than double what I am making right now. It would be a great relief.

I see in the forum that you carry out jobs and ventures that generate figures far above that. I guess winning $ 200- $ 300 is child's play for you guys ... so could you help me achieve that goal? How can I generate an extra $ 200- $ 300 per month? Can you give me any ideas or inspiration? I could even work from here for some of you.

I am very new to this, I am just learning HTML, CSS and Java script and about the world of entrepreneurship and online business. But my situation is dire, being able to generate those few extra dollars would give me enough oxygen to be able to concentrate on training without being clutching my head. I really appreciate that you have read and I listen to your ideas and opinions.

PD: Sorry if there are translation errors or misused expressions. I know basic English.

------------

Español:

Hola. Soy de Argentina. Les cuento mi historia Brevemente:

En este momento tengo un trabajo pésimo, mal ambiente laboral, malos horarios de trabajo y sobre todo mal pagado. Para que se den una idea, estoy ganando solamente $ 200 dólares por mes.

Hace un tiempo lei el libro de MJ DeMarco (por eso estoy aquí). Desde ese momento comencé a hacer cursos para aprender nuevas habilidades (programación y diseño, no porque lo haya hecho MJ DeMarco sino porque es algo que me gusta y nunca me atreví a hacerlo y se que con esas habilidas y otras relacionadas
puedo solucionar algun problema, satisfacer alguna demanda, generar algun proyecto).

Tengo algunas ideas para desarrollar o por lo menos algunas ideas vagas pero solo seran posible ejecutarlas cuando tenga mas conocimiento, pero mientras me capacito necesito vivir y comer.

Y aquí va el asunto de este post: En mi país hay una gran devaluación de la moneda. Si pudiera hacer algo que me diera un extra de al menos $200-$300 dólares por mes podría subsistir muy bien, seria el doble o mas del doble de los que gano ahora mismo. Sería un gran alivio.

Veo en el foro que ustedes realizan trabajos y emprendimientos que les generan cifras muy por encima de eso. Supongo que para ustedes ganar $200-$300 es un juego de niños...entonces, podrían ustedes ayudarme a lograr ese objetivo? Como puedo generar $200-$300 extras por mes? Me pueden dar alguna idea o inspiración? Incluso podría trabajar desde aquí para alguno de ustedes.

Soy muy nuevo en esto, apenas estoy aprendiendo HTML, CSS y Java script y sobre el mundo del emprendimiento y negocios online. Pero mi situación es apremiante, poder generar esos pocos dólares extras me daría bastante oxigeno para poder concentrarme en capacitarme sin estar agarrándome la cabeza.

Agradezco mucho que hayan leido y escucho sus ideas y opiniones.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Go ask your boss what problems he has and try to solve them for him.

Find a problem he's willing to give you an extra $300 month to solve for him.

If you can figure out how you can increase your productivity at work for you and your colleagues by making an app or creating a device or system that makes you guys 5x more efficient, then I'm sure your boss would give you an extra $500 per month for your solution.

And if you can't help your boss, go find someone else you can help. Make yourself invaluable and useful and you'll make the $300 you want.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
Welcome to the forum.

Great question. "How can I generate an extra $ 200- $ 300 per month?"

Before anyone can give you really good advice, it would help to know you a little better.

What is your current job?

What skills do you have?

How many hours per day do you have to make extra money?

What types of jobs can you do?

How can you make yourself indispensable to the top 1% of people in your country? What problems can you solve for them? What services will they pay for?

Here are some ideas to get you started...

1. Read this thread. It shows you what's possible with a simple skill that doesn't take much training or equipment.

2. Read this thread. Amazon Mechanical Turk is NOT a fastlane option, but it could be a stepping stone for you if all you need is an extra $300/month. Hopefully this will free you up to do even bigger and better things.

3. Read this thread. If you have some coding skills, web design might be a great avenue for you. Also check out this member's youtube channel, where he shares a ton of advice for free.

4. Read this thread. If you need some inspiration that it's possible when you're NOT living in an optimal country for making progress, this guy's story is awesome.

5. Read this thread. This member describes the process of how he got hired as a software developer without a college degree. His other threads describe the steps he has taken from there to go fastlane. It might give you a good look at how this path could look.

Clay Alexander

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Sep 22, 2020
NI in UK
If your local currency is devaluing, doing remote work would be the way to go. Try to earn £ or $ as a freelancer or on upwork or fiverr. But in the meantime you must also be active looking for a better paid day job or trying to get promoted to a better wage.

bluehorse

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Jul 1, 2020
Argentina
Go ask your boss what problems he has and try to solve them for him.

Find a problem he's willing to give you an extra $300 month to solve for him.

If you can figure out how you can increase your productivity at work for you and your colleagues by making an app or creating a device or system that makes you guys 5x more efficient, then I'm sure your boss would give you an extra $500 per month for your solution.

And if you can't help your boss, go find someone else you can help. Make yourself invaluable and useful and you'll make the $300 you want.

I am far from being able to offer service like this, I am just starting to learn HTML, CSS and JS. And I can't offer my boss anything, it is a third-world business that barely pays, perhaps to other businesses and companies, yes, when he learns. You just need an idea to make those extra dollars to have more time and peace of mind while I train.

Think Expand

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Oct 30, 2019
Hi. I am from Argentina. I tell you my story briefly: Right now I have a lousy job, a bad work environment, very bad work hours and, above all, low pay. To give you an idea, I am only making $ 200 per month.

Some time ago I read MJ DeMarco's book (that's why I'm here). From that moment I began to take courses to learn new skills (programming and design, not because MJ DeMarco did it but because it is something that I like and I never dared to do it and I know that with those skills and other related I can solve a problem, satisfy a demand, generate a project).

I have some ideas to develop or at least some vague ideas but it will only be possible to execute them when I have more knowledge, but while I train I need to live and eat. And here is the subject of this post:

In my country there is a great devaluation of the currency. If I could do something that would give me an extra of at least $ 200- $ 300 per month I could survive very well, it would be double or more than double what I am making right now. It would be a great relief.

I see in the forum that you carry out jobs and ventures that generate figures far above that. I guess winning $ 200- $ 300 is child's play for you guys ... so could you help me achieve that goal? How can I generate an extra $ 200- $ 300 per month? Can you give me any ideas or inspiration? I could even work from here for some of you.

I am very new to this, I am just learning HTML, CSS and Java script and about the world of entrepreneurship and online business. But my situation is dire, being able to generate those few extra dollars would give me enough oxygen to be able to concentrate on training without being clutching my head. I really appreciate that you have read and I listen to your ideas and opinions.

PD: Sorry if there are translation errors or misused expressions. I know basic English.

------------

Español:

En este momento tengo un trabajo pésimo, mal ambiente laboral, malos horarios de trabajo y sobre todo mal pagado. Para que se den una idea, estoy ganando solamente $ 200 dólares por mes.

Hace un tiempo lei el libro de MJ DeMarco (por eso estoy aquí). Desde ese momento comencé a hacer cursos para aprender nuevas habilidades (programación y diseño, no porque lo haya hecho MJ DeMarco sino porque es algo que me gusta y nunca me atreví a hacerlo y se que con esas habilidas y otras relacionadas
puedo solucionar algun problema, satisfacer alguna demanda, generar algun proyecto).

Tengo algunas ideas para desarrollar o por lo menos algunas ideas vagas pero solo seran posible ejecutarlas cuando tenga mas conocimiento, pero mientras me capacito necesito vivir y comer.

Y aquí va el asunto de este post: En mi país hay una gran devaluación de la moneda. Si pudiera hacer algo que me diera un extra de al menos $200-$300 dólares por mes podría subsistir muy bien, seria el doble o mas del doble de los que gano ahora mismo. Sería un gran alivio.
I
Veo en el foro que ustedes realizan trabajos y emprendimientos que les generan cifras muy por encima de eso. Supongo que para ustedes ganar $200-$300 es un juego de niños...entonces, podrían ustedes ayudarme a lograr ese objetivo? Como puedo generar $200-$300 extras por mes? Me pueden dar alguna idea o inspiración? Incluso podría trabajar desde aquí para alguno de ustedes.

Soy muy nuevo en esto, apenas estoy aprendiendo HTML, CSS y Java script y sobre el mundo del emprendimiento y negocios online. Pero mi situación es apremiante, poder generar esos pocos dólares extras me daría bastante oxigeno para poder concentrarme en capacitarme sin estar agarrándome la cabeza.

I guess your biggest problem is not money but lack or inadequate ability to SELL. In business, sales equal income. The more you sell, the more money you make. And that also means, the better your ability to market and sell, the faster you can make money.

You're learning to code and other technical design skills. Great! But start taking marketing and sales courses and also read more on marketing. When you hone your marketing and selling skills, making money will become as easy as breathing for you.

You will find so many opportunities, and with your sales and marketing skills, you can generate and close those deals... and make much more money than you want. Sometimes, you don't even need your own products or services, when you can sell, you can make money selling passion products (things you love and use every day) for other entrepreneurs.

Yeah. You said you can't offer your boss anything. Good. But you can help increase the net sales of his business and increase his bottom-line profits. If you help your boss make more money, he will be more than happy to increase your pay.. and the best part, you are learning and developing your marketing/sales skills which you will use to develop your own company in the future. Hahaha! You're even getting paid to learn to market and sell!

Most people are good at their craft, yet they suck in marketing, selling and making money from that craft. It is no wonder they are broke and always scratching their back. In addition to coding and design, learn marketing. In addition to marketing, learn selling. In addition to selling, learn negotiation. In addition to negotiation, learn people skills. In addition to people skills, learn business management. In addition to business management, learn to LEAD!

Once you start improving your marketing and selling skills, you will start seeing the results INSTANTLY on your net monthly cash flow. You will also become very confident in yourself because you can make money any time you want with those skills.

And please....selling is helping people find the best solutions to their problems and at the best price they can afford. Selling is helping. Using these ideas, I guess you can sell many things in your country, make much more than you want and pursue your biggest dreams. Thanks.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
I am far from being able to offer service like this, I am just starting to learn HTML, CSS and JS. And I can't offer my boss anything, it is a third-world business that barely pays, perhaps to other businesses and companies, yes, when he learns. You just need an idea to make those extra dollars to have more time and peace of mind while I train.
Like I said, YOU know your craft better than your boss, try to look into how you and your colleagues do things. Maybe its outdated, maybe you do things in the wrong order, maybe things are scattered and if you organized things differently you'd be able to get things done much faster and increase productivity by 50%.... saving the company millions of dollars.

Bring that to the attention of your boss and before you know it, he'll promote you to the manager and give you more responsibilities (and money).

Look into something called Kaizen and learn everything you can about it and W. Edwards Deming. Then help your boss.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wot9DFzFRLU&ab_channel=ExpertivityTechnologies

Last edited:

ElleMg

Pronounced like the Elle in excellent
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Aug 13, 2020
UK
Your English seems good. You could do translation work or write articles (either for someone else, or for a site of your own). I knew some people from South America who used Adsense to make hundreds of dollars a month by creating websites that attract visitors from English speaking countries. It's probably not a good long term plan but could be something to do whilst you continue learning skills!

bluehorse

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Jul 1, 2020
Argentina
Welcome to the forum.

Before anyone can give you really good advice, it would help to know you a little better.

What skills do you have?

How can you make yourself indispensable to the top 1% of people in your country? What problems can you solve for them? What services will they pay for?

1. Read this thread. It shows you what's possible with a simple skill that doesn't take much training or equipment.

2. Read this thread. Amazon Mechanical Turk is NOT a fastlane option, but it could be a stepping stone for you if all you need is an extra $300/month. Hopefully this will free you up to do even bigger and better things.

3. Read this thread. If you have some coding skills, web design might be a great avenue for you. Also check out this member's youtube channel, where he shares a ton of advice for free.

4. Read this thread. If you need some inspiration that it's possible when you're NOT living in an optimal country for making progress, this guy's story is awesome.

5. Read this thread. This member describes the process of how he got hired as a software developer without a college degree. His other threads describe the steps he has taken from there to go fastlane. It might give you a good look at how this path could look.
Welcome to the forum.

What skills do you have?

Welcome to the forum.

What skills do you have?

Thanks for aswering.

I signed up for Amazon Mechanical Turk and they didn't let me in. The reasons for which I was refused to participate do not inform me. I suppose it is because I am from a marginal country like Argentina. Here every day we lose more connection with the business possibilities that exist outside the country.

Welcome to the forum.

What skills do you have?

My current job is as an employee in an ice cream parlor. It is very bad.

My current job consumes me 6 hours a day.

My skills, few. Photoshop intermediate / advanced level, some basic video editing and what I learn about web development.

I was studying law but I dropped out a few years ago as I didn't like it.

I signed up for Amazon Mechanical Turk and they didn't
let me in. The reasons for which I was refused to participate do not inform me.
I suppose it is because I am from a marginal country like Argentina. Here every day
we lose more connection with the business possibilities that exist outside the country

At this moment, even if I wanted to, I can't leave my country since there are people who need me here.
If I was alone I would not hesitate to leave.

What about this FOX user is interesting, the information helps me to train and develop.

I am very sorry that amazon turk rejected me, it would have been an ideal option. I hate that my country is disconnected from everything.

bluehorse

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Jul 1, 2020
Argentina
I guess your biggest problem is not money but lack or inadequate ability to SELL. In business, sales equal income. The more you sell, the more money you make. And that also means, the better your ability to market and sell, the faster you can make money.

You're learning to code and other technical design skills. Great! But start taking marketing and sales courses and also read more on marketing. When you hone your marketing and selling skills, making money will become as easy as breathing for you.

You will find so many opportunities, and with your sales and marketing skills, you can generate and close those deals... and make much more money than you want. Sometimes, you don't even need your own products or services, when you can sell, you can make money selling passion products (things you love and use every day) for other entrepreneurs.

Yeah. You said you can't offer your boss anything. Good. But you can help increase the net sales of his business and increase his bottom-line profits. If you help your boss make more money, he will be more than happy to increase your pay.. and the best part, you are learning and developing your marketing/sales skills which you will use to develop your own company in the future. Hahaha! You're even getting paid to learn to market and sell!

Most people are good at their craft, yet they suck in marketing, selling and making money from that craft. It is no wonder they are broke and always scratching their back. In addition to coding and design, learn marketing. In addition to marketing, learn selling. In addition to selling, learn negotiation. In addition to negotiation, learn people skills. In addition to people skills, learn business management. In addition to business management, learn to LEAD!

Once you start improving your marketing and selling skills, you will start seeing the results INSTANTLY on your net monthly cash flow. You will also become very confident in yourself because you can make money any time you want with those skills.

And please....selling is helping people find the best solutions to their problems and at the best price they can afford. Selling is helping. Using these ideas, I guess you can sell many things in your country, make much more than you want and pursue your biggest dreams. Thanks.

I'm going to tell you something to give you an idea of how bad my job is. I've given my boss ideas many times to improve the business and sell more and his answer was that he is not interested in having more profits or having more clients!

My boss is not interested in refurbishing his business or giving better service. He says that the income his business generates is sufficient and he does not care but nothing. It is incredible but it is real.

Offering to generate more income in exchange for improving my salary is not an option.
This is living in the third world.

I will consider the marketing thing, in fact I had been thinking about it. I thought ... I can make the best website but I'm not going to win anything if nobody sees it or finds out about it. SEO and sales skills is something that is also on my agenda.

bluehorse

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Jul 1, 2020
Argentina
Your English seems good. You could do translation work or write articles (either for someone else, or for a site of your own). I knew some people from South America who used Adsense to make hundreds of dollars a month by creating websites that attract visitors from English speaking countries. It's probably not a good long term plan but could be something to do whilst you continue learning skills!

I use the google translator but I worry about writing a good one in Spanish first in order to minimize mistakes made by the translator and then I make some corrections based on my knowledge of basic English. Basically, I try to control that Google does not translate inconsistent and unintelligible things

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
First piece of action to take before you even get started with web design.

* Find a better 9-5 job that pays you a bit more and secures your basic needs.

bluehorse

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Jul 1, 2020
Argentina
First piece of action to take before you even get started with web design.

* Find a better 9-5 job that pays you a bit more and secures your basic needs.

That's the problem. There is no job or there is but it is the same or worse than this (World crisis + third world economy + small town. )
. That is why I asked this community of entrepreneurs to help me think about some way to earn those few dollars quickly.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012

Promote Spanish ClickBank offers by writing Spanish articles - or find a high converting offer on ClickBank that is in English, and ask the vendor if you can do a JV with them, you will do the hard work of translating all of his funnel content and website/product content and he gives you 50% ownership in all the sales that are generated from selling to the Spanish speaking world market.

Stop with the damn excuses, find solutions - they are out there.

Think Expand

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Oct 30, 2019

Promote Spanish ClickBank offers by writing Spanish articles - or find a high converting offer on ClickBank that is in English, and ask the vendor if you can do a JV with them, you will do the hard work of translating all of his funnel content and website/product content and he gives you 50% ownership in all the sales that are generated from selling to the Spanish speaking world market.

I love that clause, " Stop with the damn excuses, find solutions - they are out there."

Bill Gates said, "You can make money or you can make excuses, but you can't make money out of excuses."

Thanks for helping and sharing your advice.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria

------------

Español:

Im sorry to hear that your situation is dire.
Other forums members gave you pretty good advice on howvto make money with your current skills.
So lets think about how to lower your cost of living for a few months, that might bridge the gap.
Where are your money going? What are you buying each month which can be be either droped or swaped with a cheaper alternative?
Basically say a bit more about your expenses, be as precise as you can.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
sell 30 products for 10 bucks. that's one product a day, or a service for $50 to 6 people.

selling snacks or drinks at the beach seems pretty easy?

bluehorse

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Jul 1, 2020
Argentina

I had forgotten that Clickbank existed, a while ago I had heard something but it had not given much interest. I will investigate how it works.

All this information they give me helps me a lot. For example, I did not know about Amazon Turk (regrettably they rejected the registration).

Has anyone had experience with Clickbank to give me some tips?

What do you think of Amazon affiliates? Make a page about a specific niche, write something on it and put the links of the products ... does it work?

Do not skimp on transmitting more ideas. The things that, perhaps for you are well known, (such as clickbank or Amazon turk) for me are not.

bluehorse

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Jul 1, 2020
Argentina
Im sorry to hear that your situation is dire.
Other forums members gave you pretty good advice on howvto make money with your current skills.
So lets think about how to lower your cost of living for a few months, that might bridge the gap.
Where are your money going? What are you buying each month which can be be either droped or swaped with a cheaper alternative?
Basically say a bit more about your expenses, be as precise as you can.

With the cost reduction, I can't do anything else. I live with my parents, I don't pay rent, we all buy food, basically I don't buy clothes or anything other than the essentials. I only pay for two services, internet and telephone

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
My opinion is this:

You need to start freelancing. It's the fastest way to make money, and it's risk free. You don't have to risk any capital.

Open up a profile on Fiverr, one on Upwork, and get started. Pick a skill. It can be editing photos in Photoshop, fixing coding issues on Wordpress websites, being a virtual assistant, doing online research, writing articles, writing copy, and so on. Just pick something simple that you're familiar with.

To net $300 a month, you need to have $375 revenues on these platforms.

If you edit photos for $10/photo for example, you need to edit 38 photos a month. If you create facebook banners for $10/banner, you will need to do 38. And so on.

My boss is not interested in refurbishing his business or giving better service. He says that the income his business generates is sufficient and he does not care but nothing. It is incredible but it is real.
Your boss is lying. He probably thinks that you're not capable enough to help him, and if he lets you try you'll create more problems and headaches for him, which he'll have to deal with after. If he knew 100% that you could independently increase his income, with 0 work on his part, then he would let you do it. But of course, he thinks you can't, and he thinks you'll just create extra work for him.

bluehorse

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Jul 1, 2020
Argentina
sell 30 products for 10 bucks. that's one product a day, or a service for $50 to 6 people.

selling snacks or drinks at the beach seems pretty easy?

Where I live is a pathetic town. There is no beach or other pretty places. There is also no such culture of entrepreneurship and it is not a fertile place for easy money. As I told other users ... third world country + small town + economic crisis = very hard mode.

For these reasons the only way out of my problem is to do something using the internet.

I was thinking with that logic: Determine how much extra money I want to earn and then think how many sales per day would give me that value. I would have to figure out what to sell and how.

Internet is a global market, I suppose it should not be very difficult to be able to make 30 sales of 10 dollars. I need to break the first barrier ... I still don't know how.

Guys, your ideas are of great use to me
, keep doing it. What for you may be very basic and familiar things for me may be something new and useful.

bluehorse

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Jul 1, 2020
Argentina
My opinion is this:

You need to start freelancing. It's the fastest way to make money, and it's risk free. You don't have to risk any capital.

Open up a profile on Fiverr, one on Upwork, and get started. Pick a skill. It can be editing photos in Photoshop, fixing coding issues on Wordpress websites, being a virtual assistant, doing online research, writing articles, writing copy, and so on. Just pick something simple that you're familiar with.

If you edit photos for $10/photo for example, you need to edit 38 photos a month. If you create facebook banners for $10/banner, you will need to do 38. And so on.

Your boss is lying. He probably thinks that you're not capable enough to help him, and if he lets you try you'll create more problems and headaches for him, which he'll have to deal with after. If he knew 100% that you could independently increase his income, with 0 work on his part, then he would let you do it. But of course, he thinks you can't, and he thinks you'll just create extra work for him.

I'm already creating accounts on Fiver and Upwork. I hope I can get something.

Regarding my current job and my boss:
Where I work is a place that escapes your imagination but in a negative way. Do not think that I am in some company or some normal business. This place is not normal, it is like a parallel and dystopian dimension :eek:

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
Create Wordpress websites. Super simple, you can charge $300-$500 starting out and all you have to do is drag and drop to make the website look good. You could start an entire web design agency around this, pay $100 to have hosting + domain for a year and throw up your prices. It's something to do to get you familiar with the actual design aspect of websites while you continue to learn HTML, CSS, and whatever else you need. Focus your efforts on marketing the website as responsive and mobile-first, which most people direly want even though it's super simple and pretty much universal at this point.

You are thinking too small when you mention you want to make 30 sales of 10 dollars. Why not make one $300 dollar sale? Someone will come along and even say this is too small, you could make one sale for $3000 and make your yearly income just like that.

I believe I saw this website based off one of Fox's posts. Check this out and scroll down to the bottom of their pricing: Toronto's Best Web Designers | A Nerd's World

"
  • Website from Scratch
  • 2 Page Custom Mock-up
  • Custom WordPress CMS
  • 1 Hour Brainstorm
  • Mobile Responsive
  • Social Media Integration
  • 6 Custom Icons
  • Google Maps
  • Mailing List Plugin
  • Contact Form
  • Social Sharing
  • Photo Sourcing
  • 404 Redirect
  • XML Sitemap
  • Google Analytics
  • 2 Hour “How To” Tutorial
  • 3 Rounds of Revisions
"

For $8,000. Most Wordpress websites really should go for at least a minimum of $1,000 if you are doing half of what they are doing above. A teenager is capable of doing this. You just need to nail down the sales aspect of it.

bluehorse

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Jul 1, 2020
Argentina
Create Wordpress websites. Super simple, you can charge $300-$500 starting out and all you have to do is drag and drop to make the website look good. You could start an entire web design agency around this, pay $100 to have hosting + domain for a year and throw up your prices. It's something to do to get you familiar with the actual design aspect of websites while you continue to learn HTML, CSS, and whatever else you need. Focus your efforts on marketing the website as responsive and mobile-first, which most people direly want even though it's super simple and pretty much universal at this point.

You are thinking too small when you mention you want to make 30 sales of 10 dollars. Why not make one $300 dollar sale? Someone will come along and even say this is too small, you could make one sale for $3000 and make your yearly income just like that.

I believe I saw this website based off one of Fox's posts. Check this out and scroll down to the bottom of their pricing: Toronto's Best Web Designers | A Nerd's World

"
  • Website from Scratch
  • 2 Page Custom Mock-up
  • Custom WordPress CMS
  • 1 Hour Brainstorm
  • Mobile Responsive
  • Social Media Integration
  • 6 Custom Icons
  • Google Maps
  • Mailing List Plugin
  • Contact Form
  • Social Sharing
  • Photo Sourcing
  • 404 Redirect
  • XML Sitemap
  • Google Analytics
  • 2 Hour “How To” Tutorial
  • 3 Rounds of Revisions
"

For $8,000. Most Wordpress websites really should go for at least a minimum of $1,000 if you are doing half of what they are doing above. A teenager is capable of doing this. You just need to nail down the sales aspect of it.
Thanks for the info.

Keep up these answers, they help me a lot.

What do you think of creating a website with Amazon affiliate links or similar ... is it something that still gives profits? (I know what MJ DeMarco thinks about affiliations and control ... but we're talking about something exceptional to do a little extra.)

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
Thanks for the info.

Keep up these answers, they help me a lot.

What do you think of creating a website with Amazon affiliate links or similar ... is it something that still gives profits? (I know what MJ DeMarco thinks about affiliations and control ... but we're talking about something exceptional to do a little extra.)

You need to think about helping one person or one business. Your goal is to make emergency money, right? Who can you help today, or this week?

bluehorse

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Jul 1, 2020
Argentina
My opinion is this:

Like Amazon Turk, I was rejected by Upwork.
It is difficult to enter these platforms from Latin America.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
Sorry to hear you were rejected by these platforms.

Also - sorry to hear about the situation in your current job. It sounds like it's a toxic situation for sure. This can take a toll on your mental health. If you can find a different job, I would advise you to do so. A toxic work environment can hinder your progress, because when you go home after your shift, your brain is in recovery mode from the damage it has experienced. When you're in a healthy work environment, you can go home with a brain that's free to strategize about your fastlane plans.

I do find it interesting that you gravitated immediately to Amazon Mechanical Turk and Upwork out of the options that have been suggested. This suggests that you have an employee mindset. I would advise you to upgrade your mindset into one of an employer or business owner.

(Please note: I don't condemn you for being an employee. It's normal to have an employee mindset. There's nothing wrong with you. Having a job is a good thing for you right now.)

But I would encourage you to think bigger. This will help you see solutions faster.

The truth about money.png
h/t: @sparechange

Here are a few exercises I would suggest to you to help upgrade your thinking.

1. Take a trip to the rich end of town. Go down some streets where doctors and lawyers and politicians live. Think about who they hire. Think about what they own that needs to be taken care of by someone else. If you run into any people doing service jobs in these neighborhoods, ask them how much money they make. Look for needs. Look for problems. Look for things that aren't being done that probably should be done. Try to imagine what things you'd be irritated with if you were a homeowner here. What things would frustrate you? What problems would you wish someone would come along and solve for you? Find a problem that rich people are happy to pay for you to solve. Hint: Ask yourself, "What jobs do my parents do around the house that I know they'd gladly pay for someone else to do if they were rich?" I guarantee you that the top 1% in your country are paying people to do those jobs and not doing them themselves.

2. Take a trip to the business district. Find a bunch of factories or warehouses. Look at the company names on the buildings. Go online and research what they do. You'll probably naturally think, "Could I get hired here?" But for this exercise, try to think even bigger than that.
  • Step 1. Ask yourself, "What products do these businesses need? What do they buy from somewhere else? What kinds of things come in the door on a truck?" For every business, it's going to be a long list. Tools. Raw materials. The coffee cups in the break room. Signs. Office paper.
  • Step 2. Ask yourself, "What services do these businesses need? What contractors do they hire? What problems do they need someone from outside the company to solve?" This is also going to be long list. Accountants. Janitors. Carpet cleaners. Consultants. Marketers. Strategic partners.
Try to make your list specific to the specific businesses that you've walked by. This is an exercise. It will help to expand your thinking. Do it.

3. Take a trip to a shopping center. Go to a nice mall or downtown shopping district. Don't limit yourself. Consider a variety of different kinds of stores. If you're used to shopping at bargain stores, go to a few expensive shops, the kind where they might charge $2500 for a pair of shoes and $800 for a t-shirt. You're not going there to feel sorry for yourself. You're going there to ask yourself some questions. Think about the owner of this shop. Think about the decisions he made. How did he get there? Back up to the person who started this company. They probably started small. A few of them probably started with nothing. How you could you do the same? Can you start small and build up a premier company? You don't have to sell something new that no one has ever seen before. What could you sell that people already buy?

I hope this has given you some good things to think about.

Don't give up!

Think Expand

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Oct 30, 2019
Like Amazon Turk, I was rejected by Upwork.
It is difficult to enter these platforms from Latin America.

Rejection is a painful part of the journey to success. Ignore that.

Find something to sell, and just go out there and sell it. And then use the profits/commissions to take care of yourself and reinvest. Or find someone to help, charge the person and offer the help.

The fact is that no one is going to put money in your pocket. You've got to wake up and grind!
Barack Obama said, " No one is going to give you anything you have not earned." You just have to go out there and hustle. That's the word.. just hustle hard until you get what you want.

For me, the best thing to do is to market and sell something.. product or service ..and you'll make more than you need. Stop the excuses, the blame game, and the self-pity. Go out there and go get the money by offering some value to people.

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
Sorry to hear you were rejected by these platforms.

Also - sorry to hear about the situation in your current job. It sounds like it's a toxic situation for sure. This can take a toll on your mental health. If you can find a different job, I would advise you to do so. A toxic work environment can hinder your progress, because when you go home after your shift, your brain is in recovery mode from the damage it has experienced. When you're in a healthy work environment, you can go home with a brain that's free to strategize about your fastlane plans.

I do find it interesting that you gravitated immediately to Amazon Mechanical Turk and Upwork out of the options that have been suggested. This suggests that you have an employee mindset. I would advise you to upgrade your mindset into one of an employer or business owner.

(Please note: I don't condemn you for being an employee. It's normal to have an employee mindset. There's nothing wrong with you. Having a job is a good thing for you right now.)

But I would encourage you to think bigger. This will help you see solutions faster.

View attachment 35182
h/t: @sparechange

Here are a few exercises I would suggest to you to help upgrade your thinking.

1. Take a trip to the rich end of town. Go down some streets where doctors and lawyers and politicians live. Think about who they hire. Think about what they own that needs to be taken care of by someone else. If you run into any people doing service jobs in these neighborhoods, ask them how much money they make. Look for needs. Look for problems. Look for things that aren't being done that probably should be done. Try to imagine what things you'd be irritated with if you were a homeowner here. What things would frustrate you? What problems would you wish someone would come along and solve for you? Find a problem that rich people are happy to pay for you to solve. Hint: Ask yourself, "What jobs do my parents do around the house that I know they'd gladly pay for someone else to do if they were rich?" I guarantee you that the top 1% in your country are paying people to do those jobs and not doing them themselves.

2. Take a trip to the business district. Find a bunch of factories or warehouses. Look at the company names on the buildings. Go online and research what they do. You'll probably naturally think, "Could I get hired here?" But for this exercise, try to think even bigger than that.
  • Step 1. Ask yourself, "What products do these businesses need? What do they buy from somewhere else? What kinds of things come in the door on a truck?" For every business, it's going to be a long list. Tools. Raw materials. The coffee cups in the break room. Signs. Office paper.
  • Step 2. Ask yourself, "What services do these businesses need? What contractors do they hire? What problems do they need someone from outside the company to solve?" This is also going to be long list. Accountants. Janitors. Carpet cleaners. Consultants. Marketers. Strategic partners.
Try to make your list specific to the specific businesses that you've walked by. This is an exercise. It will help to expand your thinking. Do it.

3. Take a trip to a shopping center. Go to a nice mall or downtown shopping district. Don't limit yourself. Consider a variety of different kinds of stores. If you're used to shopping at bargain stores, go to a few expensive shops, the kind where they might charge $2500 for a pair of shoes and $800 for a t-shirt. You're not going there to feel sorry for yourself. You're going there to ask yourself some questions. Think about the owner of this shop. Think about the decisions he made. How did he get there? Back up to the person who started this company. They probably started small. A few of them probably started with nothing. How you could you do the same? Can you start small and build up a premier company? You don't have to sell something new that no one has ever seen before. What could you sell that people already buy?

I hope this has given you some good things to think about.

Don't give up!
This ^

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.