The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I need some advice please.

Topics relating to managing people and relationships
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 11, 2014
in between chicago and milwaukee
Ok, so here is my situation. I am a young man with little formal education, although in the real world I seem to be more intelligent then my coworkers and friends. I got myself into a job most people would kill for. I am a chemical operator at a fortune 500 company. I just hate the job, my coworkers are Debbie downers. I also have a few years salary saved up. The problem is my dad got me the job, he is an old fashion slowlaner. I respect his work ethic just not his business mindset. When I was little I asked him about business he said "business is all about who can screw the other person harder" lol. So what should I do? I feel like anything I do would be better then this. I almost want to quit my job and move away so it forces myself to sink or swim because right now working a 3rd shift factory job is doing very little to improve my business skills and even worse for my mindset. I know I bounced all over but any input would be great. BTW I'm in Chicago area.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
First of all, congrats on having several years of money and expenses saved up.

Second, have you read Fastlane Millionaire? Or many of the gold threads on this forum? Taking action is the key.

Third, your dad and others around you are clearly not interested in thinking on your level. It's unfortunate but now's the time to put the muscle in your hustle and simply start designing and investing in your Fastlane. You have the time and resources.

qvantage

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Nov 22, 2013
According to me, before start your own business, you should get some experince to get success in your business after then go with your interest that you want to do in your life.

contract

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Dec 29, 2013
It's a matter of accepting risk or being content with comfort.

No one can tell you what to do, or what direction to go in to be honest.

It's something you decide.

It would be so much easier if there were an answer, but there never is until you find out in the future.

I would form a business plan, get an understanding for exactly what you're going to do.

Have everything set in motion before you rush into things.

Jobs are merely jobs, there are many more opportunities out there.

Though the discovery process may be painful and dread-some at times.

Sometimes you have to venture into the unknown.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.