The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I need help marketing my guitar course for beginners

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
OP, people here gave you 3 pages of feedback.
Do you know how the feedback from your actual customers will look like?

0 sales. 0 comments.
He has gotten the point

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Johnny1975

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 21, 2015
Ok, after thinking about this for 2 days, these are my thoughts and an idea :

I've realized that although my course has useful information, and I explain things clearly, what I didn't understand before is that when it all adds up, the whole thing is way too academic. It's like trying to make a 2 year college course out of something that can be taught in a couple of months. It's way too drawn out, stretched to the point where it becomes a drag. I kept looking at the content and I kept thinking, this is good stuff. It's relevant, well ordered, and clear. How can it be wrong? Why wouldn't people benefit from it? Well, they would, but only if they're willing to put in as much energy as I'm demanding of them. I now understand that I'm asking too much.

So, here's my idea for how to improve this course.

The content of the course can be broken down into 4 aspects :

Videos that are directly related to learning a song
Videos that are just extras, not to do with any songs
PDF content related to the songs
PDF content not related to songs

Although there are quite a lot of videos (average 13 per song), they're actually quite short (1 - 3 mins). So, for each song, I string together all the tuition videos for that song, and make it one video. Then, I take the PDF content for that song and I squeeze it and make it as concise as possible. Then, I turn it into text that appears in the video, in between the exercises. So now each song's tuition video consists of a string of short exercises with brief explanations in between. It will probably be about 35 - 40 mins each.

Any PDF content not related to a specific song, in other words stuff to do with playing the guitar in general, generic stuff that applies throughout, I'll squeeze it down to make it concise, and turn it into quick guides.

Each song tuition video will be a separate product, maybe $3 each. There are 6 songs.

I'll use the quick guides as lead magnets, but I'll also include them with each download of the song tuition videos.

So now I have :

Quick guides - Free lead magnet
Song 1 video (35-40 mins) - $3
Song 2 video (35-40 mins) - $3
Song 3 video (35-40 mins) - $3
Song 4 video (35-40 mins) - $3
Song 5 video (35-40 mins) - $3
Song 6 video (35-40 mins) - $3

They can of course buy as few or as many as they like, in any order, because each song will also include the quick guides.

The course also contains quite a lot of other general stuff that isn't really crucial, and maybe I could turn them into bonuses or alternative / extra lead magnets.

And I'll not have a sales page at all, or a cover image.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
Ok, after thinking about this for 2 days, these are my thoughts and an idea

I think you're still on the wrong track.

Here's an idea, maybe it's more in the right direction:

You want to fix technique... what if you develop a resource that is a collection of begginer/medium/advanced exercises for that specific technique. Maybe forget the songs altogether, or just include a few at the end that are particularly good for working on that technique

Orgnaize the course/site by Techniques.

For example:

Fretting Section - beg/med/expert exercises with video.
Left Hand Dexterity - beg/med/expert exercises
etc.

It seems like this drives home the real point of what you believe in more clearly. Making it about the songs muddies up what you're after. People looking for your course have a problem. They have been working on a song, and find that their XXX technique just can't cut it. They want to improve that technique. Maybe they learned it wrong and need to do it correctly. If you have a site, with a section of 20 XXX technique exercises, they might buy it for just those, and then see, "oh great, other technique exercises also".

Here's a great real life example:

This youtube video is the top result for "rock climbing exercises". Which is what I searched when I wanted to improve my climbing. I didn't search this before I ever climbed. I climbed for 8 months, and then realized I was doing some things wrong, had muscle imbalances, was getting injured. None of that would have happened, if I did it "correctly" first, but hell, I didn't know any better, I just wanted to climb. After watching the video, which has more than 1million views, I paid $150 for the girl to come up with a training plan for me through her online coaching site.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Johnny1975

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 21, 2015
As long as it doesn't involve making any new videos or creating any new content (apart from tweaking), that sounds like a good idea. I would be quite happy to rehash my content more or less in the way that you suggest. However in my course the tuition of the songs follows very smoothly and intuitively from the initial technique tuition (how to hold down and strum a chord, how to change chords), and it would be a shame to let the song tuition go to waste, so perhaps I could offer it as a free, totally unexpected (and unmarketed / unmentioned) bonus. I'm not sure how I would subdivide the technique part of the content into individual small products, and it might not even be possible (i.e. there may not be enough), but I'll certainly take a look at what I've got and see if there's a way. And if not, I could just have it as one simple product. If I do it this way I'll definitely have to change the title. Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm looking at what I've got and the phrase "a picture (or video) speaks a thousand words" (referring to my illustrations and videos), but I think I need to add : "...and that's why I don't need to add a thousand more". That's where I've gone wrong. I should be using the visual aspect to get most of the point across, and reduce my words to mere commentary / clarification (in fact I should know better as I myself am a visual learner - I guess I got carried away trying to deliver the same info in more than one way). If I do that, I'm sure I'll be able to reduce my word count considerably, and make the whole thing much more digestable for the customer.

Last edited:

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
I poked my head in here earlier to see what had changed or transpired. I was hoping (and frankly excited) to see some improvements on your course and your website but there's a lot of talking and not a lot of doing.

Get to it, brother!

Love to see progress. Let's see what you've come up with from this conversation!

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Take a look at this singing course. Ken has a ton of free youtube videos. Each one provides actual value, but he always mentions something about how his paid course goes into greater detail in each video. After viewing a whole bunch of other singing coaches' videos on youtube, I ended up paying $300 for Ken's a few years ago. His funnel worked on me. (and quite a few others, too, I might add). I'd recommend spending a bunch of time on his site and his youtube channel figuring out what he does to get sales.

http://kentamplinvocalacademy.com/

Johnny1975

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 21, 2015
I've been racking my brains trying to figure out how I would split this course up into separate, smaller products. It's impossible. Whichever way I split it, it ends up being not worth much. The only way is to have it all as 1 product.

Or how about if I just go ahead and simplify everything (which I'm going to do anyway), and then just put all the content on my site for free, as a series of pages covering individual bits, and then on the last page I offer a lead magnet, get people on a mailing list (although I have no idea what I would email them day after day or week after week - in fact I dread the thought), and then create another course, something more substantial and specific, something that I could justifiably charge a reasonable amount, and then sell that instead. And then go on twitter etc and post bits and pieces from the free course to get followers.

mrarcher

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jan 26, 2016
Scotland
I've been racking my brains trying to figure out how I would split this course up into separate, smaller products. It's impossible. Whichever way I split it, it ends up being not worth much. The only way is to have it all as 1 product.

Or how about if I just go ahead and simplify everything (which I'm going to do anyway), and then just put all the content on my site for free, as a series of pages covering individual bits, and then on the last page I offer a lead magnet, get people on a mailing list (although I have no idea what I would email them day after day or week after week - in fact I dread the thought), and then create another course, something more substantial and specific, something that I could justifiably charge a reasonable amount, and then sell that instead. And then go on twitter etc and post bits and pieces from the free course to get followers.
The majority of feedback has been about the sales page, work on that first.

AmericanSpartan

Warrior Monk
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Mar 20, 2016
Westfield, IN
I briefly read through this thread, and I saw a lot of back and forth, but I think this info can help you, and help anyone that is providing value in the information business. I attended a webinar presented by Frank Kern and wrote down everything I thought of value to selling information online:

There are a few ways to market your content. Kern has it boiled down into five product types: Liquidator, Bread and Butter, Modulated Courses, Continuity, and Big Ticket Interactive.

Liquidator- These are usually under $30 and take the form of ebooks, special reports, etc. They are typically used as funnels to where other sales are made.

Bread and Butter- These are usually multimedia (pdf, video, audio) niche info products that come in one package (such as 'How to quilt a blanket' course with ebook and video tutorials). These are priced between $30-500.

Modulated Courses- Usually priced between $500-$3500. These are always multimedia and mission specific (accomplishes a specific task). The content is usually released in packets or modules over a set period of time (ex. one module per week). This reduces overwhelm for customers and allows complex ideas to be digested in short periods over time. (ex. 'How to Build an e-commerce/online quilting business using wordpress' course )

Continuity- These are membership sites that typically charge $10-300 per month. These deliver multimedia content to paid members. This can also include low-level coaching.

Big Ticket Interactive- Usually priced between $3500-100,000 (or less on a monthly basis). These are live, facilitated, modulated classes, live masterminds, or high level coaching. These always involve live interaction with you (or staff). These typically are for people faced with high barriers of entry that will pay BIG money to solve BIG problems for people.

This information will help refine your actual value-based product to deliver to the consumer, and how to do it.

Once you know the product vehicle you will use to give value to your costumers, here is how to find them.

Your market must meet these three qualities in order to hit a home-run: 1) irrationally passionate, 2) great in number, 3) easy to reach. I feel that beginner guitar players fit all three of these qualities.

Much like hunting or fishing, you need to know your target demographic to best reach them. When you nail your target demographic down, you accomplish the NEED commandment in CENTS. They already want to buy, you just need to get what they want in front of them.

Facebook is a great tool in finding how big your market is. Using their Ads Manager (which is free to mess around with), you can set up a campaign and get to the Audience section. From here the gem you want is 'detailed targeting' where you hunt demographics by type in your niche keywords and see how many people associate with them. For example, fishing has 12 million people who would be interested in buying fishing related products. With this tool, you can keep narrowing down your demographic in order to see how big a market is in a given niche.

Take a moment to write down your ideal customer. Are they male or female (or targeting both?), how old are they, what type of music do they like, what kind of things do they buy for leisure, what kind of music do they like. Seriously take a moment and put yourself in their shoes. Envision yourself as them, and write down what their ideal day would be. What excites them, motivates them, makes them happy or sad. You need to develop an intimate relation with them and understand how they think, and why they do what they do. Once you understand your IDEAL target audience, then you can start to know how to reach them, and how they want to be reached, and how to really get them excited about your product.

You can cast a net in open waters and hope for the best or you can decide on a specific fish, find out what he eats, where he lives, and go there, present a lure he likes, and actually catch a trophy!

Now, the details on the fundamental ways to deliver your content to your market with information based products.

There are only four types of webpages you need: Opt-in page, sales page, order page, and a content page.

Opt-in- this is where you present a free value offer to bring them to you in order trade your free offer for their email and establish an email list.

Sales page- where you present your sales letter or video

Order page- where they actually can order your product (where they go when they push the 'BUY NOW' button

and Content Page- a thank you page, articles, webinars, videos, lessons, etc

These four webpages are the workhorse in exchanging value for currency. This workhorse will become the machine to *passively* sell your products. In order to do this we must follow these steps:

1) Build a list (offer free content, lessons on youtube, etc to get people to give you their email because they WANT what you offer them for free. You offer them value by helping solve a need, and they want to continue this to receive more help by offering a way for you to contact them)

2) Sell them stuff using the email list BUT DONT BE SPAMMY OR NEEDY. Offer value based incentives. (four ways- linear, cycling, ascending, descending)

Linear- Offer value, get them to opt in, then drive them to a webpage to purchase or not.

Cycling- If you have multiple products, try offering one product, and if no response, offer another, and repeat or try multiple passes at selling the same product.

Ascending- offer free value to get opt-in, offer liquidator product, then bread and butter product, then modulated, etc. Offer inexpensive options and continue to build and offer more expensive/more value based options to purchase.

Descending- the opposite of ascending. Offer more expensive/higher value based items, and then lower less expensive options till they find a sweet spot they agree with and buy (also shows them what they can look forward to purchasing down the road)

The trick to making advertising work is to start small and scale!

Start small with 20-30 ads the first day, measure the analytics of the ad (did they opt-in, are they opening your emails, are they clicking on your website, are they engaged, did they buy, etc)

If they are, scale and monitor. If not, modify and try again.

***PEOPLE DON'T BUY YOUR PAST, THEY ARE BUYING YOUR ABILITY TO HELP THEIR FUTURE***

The best way you can help them is by helping their 'present.' Offer value to help them out for free. You want to develop a relationship with your customer. If you help them out, they will begin to build trust with you/your brand. The more you help them, the more they associate you with the value you provide. It's "give, give, pull." Provide value, help others, then, when the time is right, throw in that if they purchase your product, they can get a dense bundle of value all at once instead of desperately waiting for the next tidbit.

People can surf online and study for free, but time is valuable, and by saving them time, they will be willing to pay for it.

It all begins with helping another person first. Help them solve a tiny problem they have RIGHT NOW. Then solve another, then another. After a while, you will have a bundle of problems that you can package solutions for and offer that for a price saving people time and helping them out in a big way.

Don't try to offer the ultimate all inclusive guitar playing course. Start by offering a 'learn basic scales in a week' course, then 'learn basic chords in a week' course, etc... then bundle and offer a 'beginner guide to chords and scales' with a bit extra such as more practice drills, then scale up and offer 'music theory for guitarists' course, build, grow, bundle, scale. (liquidator> bread and butter > modulated course). Down the road, once you have a large enough base and are successful with your BRAND, offer branded guitar kits for beginners, picks, straps, etc. SCALE< SCALE< SCALE. It all begins with first solving one specific problem. Don't build an elephant off the bat, build the best trunk you can, the best eyeball you can, then best tail, legs, etc... and before you know it, the best elephant you can create will create itself!

Last edited:

AmericanSpartan

Warrior Monk
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Mar 20, 2016
Westfield, IN
The fastlane is fast money, but not easy money.

AmericanSpartan

Warrior Monk
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Mar 20, 2016
Westfield, IN
Then there is social media. I have zero experience with it, but use it to validate your value to others. Start an instagram with people posting their playing and how your product helped them get to where they are. Offer contests, offer support, but build a community where people feel welcomed and valued. They all come together because of your brand and what you offer. You are merely a facilitator to get people from where they are now to where they want to be. Part of the process is the journey. The journey is what others can relate to. With this, you dont have to CREATE social media content, but DOCUMENT the journey. Document the grind, the hustle. People feel encouraged when they realize they are not alone, and see others making improvements. It motivates them, gets them MORE excited for your brand/product.

Why do you think this forum is so successful?

AmericanSpartan

Warrior Monk
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Mar 20, 2016
Westfield, IN

You won't have to think about what to deliver. Your audience will do that for you. Listen to them. Listen to their struggles and frustrations. Solve their problems. Find common problems and solve them. I am sure that if a few are struggling, others in your audience will as well. That is what you will give them. Send them solutions to problems. Tips, tricks. Even humor. Build a culture based community and it becomes easy. Then you just provide content others enjoy, that you know they will enjoy, because they will tell you what they want to receive if you listen.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
I have created a guitar course for beginners, and I have joined Clickbank but so far I have had no affiliates. I don't know much about marketing and so I wonder if anyone could point me in the right direction. How can I get people to be aware of my course?

Also, is it ok if I post a link to the sales page to my course? Perhaps someone here who is experienced in marketing might be interested in some kind of arrangement.

Thank you.
great idea man! best of luck. I may consider embarking on it. i used to play bass. i used guitar pro software a lot 10 years ago lol

Ankerstein17

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Mar 22, 2015
Edmonton, Alberta
There's so much good criticism here. I think every thing that came too my mind has been said.

I will say this though. Read the book by Gary V - Jab Jab Right Hook. It will help you with delivery and building a brand around this.

If you need any advice of any sort, please message me. I can help you through this

Johnny1975

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 21, 2015
Right here's where I'm at. I have a plan but I need opinions before I go ahead.

I simplify everything into 2 short guides (I don't think i should even call them courses) :

1) How to play chords properly - $2.50
2) How to change chords smoothly - $6.50

On my website, www.johnnymontoyaguitarcourses.com , I create a page, or several pages, containing a load of free content (aka all the stuff that I've stripped away when simplifying). No sign up, it's just all there. Text, pictures, videos. I also make them available to download free, no sign up.

Then, I have a simple sales page for the 2 guides, like this :

How to play chords properly :

blah blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah blah

Download a free sample.

BUY NOW. $2.50

How to change chords smoothly : (this also contains all the content from the above guide)

blah blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah blah

Download a free sample.

BUY NOW. $6.50

There will be no cover images. Just 2 very quick and simple sales pitches, one after the other.

When they buy, they join my membership site, where they can access the files indefinitely and download them too if they wish. I get their email address too and they get put on my mailing list.

I create a twitter account, facebook, etc etc, and I do what I have to do to get followers, likes, whatever, and then from time to time I mention my site with all the free stuff. They go there, they see the link to the sales page, they check it out, they maybe download a sample or both samples, then they buy. Then Johnny can finally say he did something with this.

Does that sound like a reasonable plan? (Just say yes)

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
How much effort have you put into developing your ideal customer?

You want a beginner guitar player... but there's a lot of different kinds of beginner guitar players. There's the teenage boy who wants to get laid. There's the housewife with school-age children who is bored and wants to use her time to learn a skill. There's the 40-something dude who just bought a Strat and wants to live his youthful fantasies... but never played the guitar before.

Notice how their motivations are different? Guess what else is different? Their willingness to pay.

The teenage boy would rather spend his money on a cool looking instrument than a course and is unlikely to spend it on lessons of any sort. The housewife, though, doesn't really care what her instrument looks like and wants a tutor rather than a self-guided course. The 40-something guy probably feels like he doesn't need a tutor, but might feel like a self-guided course is right up his alley.

These are all guesses based on intuition, not truths, and MUST BE TESTED. I don't actually know the market. I'm not saying go after the 40-something dude; I'm saying try going after ALL of them and see which one actually buys your course.

Johnny1975

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 21, 2015
How much effort have you put into developing your ideal customer?

You want a beginner guitar player... but there's a lot of different kinds of beginner guitar players. There's the teenage boy who wants to get laid. There's the housewife with school-age children who is bored and wants to use her time to learn a skill. There's the 40-something dude who just bought a Strat and wants to live his youthful fantasies... but never played the guitar before.

Notice how their motivations are different? Guess what else is different? Their willingness to pay.

The teenage boy would rather spend his money on a cool looking instrument than a course and is unlikely to spend it on lessons of any sort. The housewife, though, doesn't really care what her instrument looks like and wants a tutor rather than a self-guided course. The 40-something guy probably feels like he doesn't need a tutor, but might feel like a self-guided course is right up his alley.

These are all guesses based on intuition, not truths, and MUST BE TESTED. I don't actually know the market. I'm not saying go after the 40-something dude; I'm saying try going after ALL of them and see which one actually buys your course.

Thinking about my ideal customer is not something that I've ever spent that much time doing. Not to say that I don't give it any thought, I certainly do, but I guess I don't go into as much detail as I ought to. It just seems like so much guesswork and speculation. I tend to think more in terms of what the person wants to learn rather than who they are, what their lifestyle is, their motivations, and so on. But you're right, this stuff really does matter. I have to get into the habit of considering it. I think maybe one reason why I have an aversion to it is because I don't know how I would find out who would buy what I have to offer.

In theory, I understand the concept of testing and seeing who seems interested. But physically, what do I do? How do I put my stuff in front of enough people that I'll be able to judge the type of crowd that would be interested? If I was for example selling stuff in a market stall, I could do it. I'd lay out my products and observe those who buy them, and then think about who they are and offer them more things that would interest them. Or if no one buys, I'd just put out several items and see what sells and who buys them.

But how do I do this online? It's hard enough to get traffic online for anything, let alone this type of research. What if only 3 people view my sales page? I can't get any info from that. Besides, I don't know who they even are or how to find out. For example, I don't know how many views I get for my ebooks on amazon, but even if I did, I have no way of knowing anything about them.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Thinking about my ideal customer is not something that I've ever spent that much time doing. Not to say that I don't give it any thought, I certainly do, but I guess I don't go into as much detail as I ought to. It just seems like so much guesswork and speculation. I tend to think more in terms of what the person wants to learn rather than who they are, what their lifestyle is, their motivations, and so on. But you're right, this stuff really does matter. I have to get into the habit of considering it. I think maybe one reason why I have an aversion to it is because I don't know how I would find out who would buy what I have to offer.

In theory, I understand the concept of testing and seeing who seems interested. But physically, what do I do? How do I put my stuff in front of enough people that I'll be able to judge the type of crowd that would be interested? If I was for example selling stuff in a market stall, I could do it. I'd lay out my products and observe those who buy them, and then think about who they are and offer them more things that would interest them. Or if no one buys, I'd just put out several items and see what sells and who buys them.

But how do I do this online? It's hard enough to get traffic online for anything, let alone this type of research. What if only 3 people view my sales page? I can't get any info from that. Besides, I don't know who they even are or how to find out. For example, I don't know how many views I get for my ebooks on amazon, but even if I did, I have no way of knowing anything about them.

Wants to learn is one aspect. Why they want to learn it is what will convince them to buy. Who they are is what will get you to reach them. That's kind of the difference.

People buy because they believe that your product will solve a problem or fill a want of theirs. Your job is to (1) find the people who actually have this problem or want, and (2) convince them that your solution is THE thing they need, more so than any competition, more so than any substitute: YOURS is the best, and you've gotta convince them.

What to do: you can start by buying some traffic. Google is an easy place to start: read @Andy Black's posts to learn about Google. You don't have to worry about demographics there: you just need to sell your guitar course to people searching for them.

Getting traffic is really, really easy. It's probably the easiest part of this entire thing. You just buy it. F*ck viral marketing and SEO right now, that shit comes later. Log into Google Adwords, learn the interface, and start buying traffic according to Andy's guides.

Getting the right traffic is a little harder. Converting the right traffic is even harder. Making it profitable is even harder. But it's all possible and I think (assuming the offer is GOOD, actually helps people, and fares well against the competition) that anyone can be profitable on the Internet, given their funnel is good enough.

Take the time and learn. Yes, it requires spend. Yes, it requires tweaking. Yes, it requires getting smacked around in the marketplace.

Johnny1975

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 21, 2015
I know the basics of adwords. I could do that, but how can I know anything about the people who click on my page?

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
Your Course

I don't think you need to break up your course.

It's going to be work (but what isn't, really), but what I think you should do is keep your course as it is, and sell it for $99 (or something like that).

And while you are working on making a new, shorter "introductory" course that will be part of your sales funnel (with a price point of say, $19), you will make NEW free content for YouTube, etc.

Eventually, you can package up some of this new free content and add some extras and sell it as another course, etc, etc, etc.

To really grow an audience you have to connect with them consistently. So stop thinking about your offering as a pie of a certain size and which part of it to give away for free and which to charge for. You have to bake more pies! That's how this is going to actually make you money.

The name of your course

I don't know why, but it bugs me that you have the word "correctly" in it. I don't want to be lectured to, I want to learn how to live out my fantasy of being a rock and roll star. So it needs a snazzy name. Like "30 days to Smooth and Sexy Chord Changes" or "Play Guitar like a Rock Legend". I don't know, but just something different.

Some ways to learn about your customer

You might already have this, but you should definitely have Google Analytics installed on your site. Since you don't have many visitors, it's more important than ever to learn as much as you can about those who do come to your site.

And this is why you NEED to have more YouTube videos up, and post them regularly. You can get really good information from the video analytics, and that is a completely free way to learn about who is watching your videos. Also, read the comments on your videos and those of your competitors to see what people are saying and what you might be able to do to provide value for them.

Let us know how things go.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.