The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I just signed the lease for our vintage auto restoration shop

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

steve schweitzer

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
341%
Oct 18, 2015
alma, arkansas
Hello Everyone, as I posted in a previous I am greatly expanding my vintage auto restoration business.

I thought I had a deal worked out with an elderly local businessman to buy his race car shop building and property.

He actually called me to ask if I was interested and offered a fair price with owner financing. We had been talking for a couple months and we had a deal worked out down to the terms and payment schedules. I was planning on getting setup and moving this month.

Well that all changed! Last Saturday he told me that his family had gotten involved and now they did not want to sell or do anything. I sure the hell wish they had said something 2 months ago. Oh well time for a different plan.

After this mess I have been in a mad scramble trying to find a building to rent. This is not as easy as you may think as VERY FEW landlords will rent to anything auto repair or body shop related, and we are both. The buildings that I had found that were rentable were certainly not in the area I want to have my shop and most were too small.

I finally got lucky and found a perfect rental building. An auto repair and tire store just closed down and I was the first person to see it come available. This is in a great part of town with a nice clean storefront and a great shop area. The zoning is fine and putting in a paint booth is OK with both the city and the landlord.

The landlord is actually a friend of a good customer so that helped get me in.

I signed a 2 year lease with a 2 year option and take possession of the building 12-1-21 as they have to finish cleaning it out.

The plan is to spend the month of December getting the shop all setup and then open Monday January 3.

I will post updates as we get moved in a setup

Also, here is a car I just finished up a couple weeks ago. I know this is not a classic car guy forum but I wanted to share some of the work that I do.

This car came in as a worn out old car that had been sitting 40 + years and left as basically a new 1964 Plymouth with a seriously upgraded drivetrain. I custom built a 600 horsepower engine and then all the assorted drivetrain that was required to use it. The car was taken down to a bare body shell and then I body worked, installed lots of new metal and then did a really high end showcar paint job.

The owners took it to a big show and placed in the top 100 (this is a pretty big deal). I went with them and was able to pass out lots of cards and talk to lots of potential customers.

Thanks for letting me share.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• IMG_0458.JPG
    IMG_0458.JPG
    420.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0464.JPG
    IMG_0464.JPG
    205.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0461.JPG
    IMG_0461.JPG
    331.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0460.JPG
    IMG_0460.JPG
    302.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0451.JPG
    IMG_0451.JPG
    285.8 KB · Views: 6

steve schweitzer

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
341%
Oct 18, 2015
alma, arkansas
Nice car!
Gotta have that ink on paper or the deal's not real.

Where are you located at?

We're a classic car family. 56 bel air with a 383 stroker, 69 camaro RS/SS convertible, 68 cutlass, 77 datsun 280z, 62 impala.
Hello Johnny, thank for the compliment on the car. The owners were super happy.

I agree about nothing being done until the deal is signed. I have a signed lease now so time to move forward.

The shop in located in Van Buren, Arkansas. Basically it is right off I-40, 7 miles from the Arkansas - Oklahoma border.

Really cool cars you guys have. I have had a couple Camaros, Cutlass and 442, Firebird and Trans Am as well as all these Mopars that keep finding me.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Nice resto. You don't see many of those at car shows. Did you have to fab up the replacement sheetmetal?

I had a chassis shop in the late 1990's and did a lot of back halfs, street legal race stuff. I have also owned, restored, and raced about a dozen A body GM stuff, mostly Chevelles. Did a few frame off restorations of other cars.

It is very rewarding work to give the customer what they want, their dream or vision. It's also very cool to see your work at the events and hear people talking about your stuff.

I wish you well on your endeavor.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jdm667

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 27, 2020
Boston, MA
Nice! My parents inherited an old Cadillac from my grandfather, and it has been sitting for over a decade in their driveway. It could definitely use some love.

If you have a website, these pictures should be front and center (maybe as part of a before and after gallery). Good luck with the new lease.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.