The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I just finished my first digital product for Clickbank, and could use some advice on a couple things.

Marketing, social media, advertising

thereehldeal27

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Jan 6, 2017
Portland, Oregon
I finally finished my digital product that I plan to release on Clickbank and put up on my blog, but I have a couple of questions.

1. First off, it's a 12-week program. Meaning, ideally, the customer would get one video a week automatically sent to them. Is this possible to do with Clickbank/WordPress, or would they basically end up getting all the videos at once? I assume it's possible, as I have bought digital products like this before and had them sent incrementally. One I believe I paid in full for, the other I paid monthly.

2. Leading to my next question, PRICING. How should I go about pricing such a product? Should I set one full price for the 12 videos, or have them pay monthly for 3 months since it's a 3-month program with one video for 12 weeks? This also begs the question, WHAT should I price it at? I believe it is a very high-quality digital product in a great niche (self-help type of deal) and have seen these priced anywhere from $47-$67-$297 etc...I was also thinking there could be an option to pay in full or pay in increments? A huge goal of mine is to make AT LEAST $288 a day in the future (that's $75K a year, which studies show is the MINIMUM needed for comfort). I can't decide between these prices though. If I priced it at $297 I would only need to sell one a day to meet my goal, if I priced it at like $47 or $67 I'd need to sell a couple more. You might be wondering why 7 is in all my prices. Well, that seems to be the standard, and apparently, since 7 is associated with luck, having 7 in the price somewhere entices customers to buy (Wal-Mart has a 7 in many of their prices during sales, for instance).

So if anyone more experienced than I could help me answer these 2 questions I would be more than grateful!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I finally finished my digital product that I plan to release on Clickbank and put up on my blog, but I have a couple of questions.

1. First off, it's a 12-week program. Meaning, ideally, the customer would get one video a week automatically sent to them. Is this possible to do with Clickbank/WordPress, or would they basically end up getting all the videos at once? I assume it's possible, as I have bought digital products like this before and had them sent incrementally. One I believe I paid in full for, the other I paid monthly.

2. Leading to my next question, PRICING. How should I go about pricing such a product? Should I set one full price for the 12 videos, or have them pay monthly for 3 months since it's a 3-month program with one video for 12 weeks? This also begs the question, WHAT should I price it at? I believe it is a very high-quality digital product in a great niche (self-help type of deal) and have seen these priced anywhere from $47-$67-$297 etc...I was also thinking there could be an option to pay in full or pay in increments? A huge goal of mine is to make AT LEAST $288 a day in the future (that's $75K a year, which studies show is the MINIMUM needed for comfort). I can't decide between these prices though. If I priced it at $297 I would only need to sell one a day to meet my goal, if I priced it at like $47 or $67 I'd need to sell a couple more. You might be wondering why 7 is in all my prices. Well, that seems to be the standard, and apparently, since 7 is associated with luck, having 7 in the price somewhere entices customers to buy (Wal-Mart has a 7 in many of their prices during sales, for instance).

So if anyone more experienced than I could help me answer these 2 questions I would be more than grateful!
How many people have bought self-help consulting, training, or courses from you so far? How many people follow your blog? Can you sound out your buyers and/or subscribers (or have you already done so)?

I don’t know much about Clickbank. It’s like a marketplace for affiliate offers right? Once you post your offer there how will people see it to promote it? Why will they promote it? I presume ones with stats of making sales do the best. I’m just curious how you’re going to get your initial sales and feedback.

As for the 12 week programme part. I’d be tempted to sell one simple step first if you haven’t already. What’s the one thing that everyone is stuck on at the moment that you can solve simply.

Not sure I answered your questions. Hope it helped!

thereehldeal27

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Jan 6, 2017
Portland, Oregon
How many people have bought self-help consulting, training, or courses from you so far? How many people follow your blog? Can you sound out your buyers and/or subscribers (or have you already done so)?

I don’t know much about Clickbank. It’s like a marketplace for affiliate offers right? Once you post your offer there how will people see it to promote it? Why will they promote it? I presume ones with stats of making sales do the best. I’m just curious how you’re going to get your initial sales and feedback.

As for the 12 week programme part. I’d be tempted to sell one simple step first if you haven’t already. What’s the one thing that everyone is stuck on at the moment that you can solve simply.

Not sure I answered your questions. Hope it helped!

Hey, thanks for the response. I have been working the 9-5 and now have time to respond. The goal is to escape the slave trade at some point, however. Which is why I'm here. So to answer your questions, this is my first product. Nobody has bought anything from me, and I only have a few people on an email list. I haven't tried to push the blog. I wanted to wait until I could really monetize it, which is now plausible. I almost gave up on it, until I found out it was getting traffic.

Clickbank is a marketplace for affiliate marketers yes. You can promote products and make a commission or you can create your own (harder, but you can make more money).

I also give people a free opt-in PDF E-book when they sign up for my email list. As of now, I still have to figure out pricing. I just want to do this right. So sick and tired of having to work for someone else.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Can you just post something to your Facebook profile to gauge interest and maybe even make some sales?

Here's a free issue of my paid email newsletter. I'm documenting this on the Inside too.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.