The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I humbly ask people on this forum for help

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Zubz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Oct 16, 2017
Toronto
Hey everyone,

I feel like I'm at my breaking point and need to change my life and mindset. And I would love any advice and help, even if it hurts. I always buy the get rich quick courses never taking action. Everytime I do some kind of side hustle I buy a Udemy course and then do nothing. I get really overwhelmed easily and always have anxiety of not becoming successful.

I humbly ask for anyone's help if you have been in my situation in the past.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

EvanOkanagan

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
380%
Aug 2, 2013
Hey everyone,

I feel like I'm at my breaking point and need to change my life and mindset. And I would love any advice and help, even if it hurts. I always buy the get rich quick courses never taking action. Everytime I do some kind of side hustle I buy a Udemy course and then do nothing. I get really overwhelmed easily and always have anxiety of not becoming successful.

Do you have a full-time job right now? If so, doing what?

Didn't really give us much context to work with regarding your current situation.

Zubz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Oct 16, 2017
Toronto
Do you have a full-time job right now? If so, doing what?

Didn't really give us much context to work with regarding your current situation.

Yes I work a full time job in sales

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Find some other Fast Lane Forum members in Toronto and get together with them.

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I have had anxiety like that. I still have it to a certain extent. What has helped me is: professional counseling, followed by working a simple plan that *you* can do. For me, certain things are anxiety producing. Maybe at some point in the future, I'll be able to do them without much effort, but for now, they're overwhelming. I don't do those things. There are other things that may not be the idea way of doing something, but I can do them without getting bogged down in the anxiety. I focus on those things.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
I have had anxiety like that. I still have it to a certain extent. What has helped me is: professional counseling, followed by working a simple plan that *you* can do. For me, certain things are anxiety producing. Maybe at some point in the future, I'll be able to do them without much effort, but for now, they're overwhelming. I don't do those things. There are other things that may not be the idea way of doing something, but I can do them without getting bogged down in the anxiety. I focus on those things.

Hi Jon, could you elaborate more on what you mean by " followed by working a simple plan that *you* can do"?

Thank you

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hey everyone,

A few threads that might help:

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Hi Jon, could you elaborate more on what you mean by " followed by working a simple plan that *you* can do"?

Thank you
I don't know about for you, but for me, a lot of my anxiety is produced by thinking that I should be able to do something the way some world-famous expert does. its a total head trip, but still, its how I think.

What gets me past that is by taking a look at something, and breaking it down into pieces that I can do. Sometimes, those pieces are so small as to seem stupid

"turn on my computer"
"Open a blank word document"

If I feel overwhelmed by any one of those steps, I can take a break, and then break that task down even further.

"Find the Microsoft Word icon on my desktop"
"Double click it"

... I'm exaggerating, but only a little. its far better to do something seemingly stupid like double-clicking as a step than it is to sit there, do nothing, and go read the news for a few hours all while stressing out that my work isn't getting done.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Hey everyone,

Thanks for sharing.
Why do you think you get overwhelmed easily?
And have such anxiety?

Do you have a family to feed?
Or you want to prove yourself to friends or family?

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
I get really overwhelmed easily and always have anxiety of not becoming successful.

It sounds like you’re trying to determine if you’re on the right path or not, after you’ve taken one step down the path.

GPS can’t determine your direction or course correct unless you’re moving.

pick a path. Go down it for a while. It’s ok if it’s not “the right one”. Any path that gets you taking action and doing literally anything is the right path.

You will learn more than any udemy course will teach you from actually trying to do something.

No more videos for you.

It took me a dozen half assed attempts at “businesses” before I actually figured out what I was doing wrong, what I liked and didnt like, and why I failed.

The right path is a squiggly line.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
I get really overwhelmed easily and always have anxiety of not becoming successful.

Everyone's been in your situation.

Drink three beers. Realize that shit doesn't matter. If you keep doing what you're doing then you'll keep being where you're at. Then after that epiphany start working on something.

You're scared of failure because failing signifies that the dream is dead. You need to realize that dreams don't mean shit. Unless you start turning them into a reality, then they're worthless.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Drink three beers. Realize that shit doesn't matter. If you keep doing what you're doing then you'll keep being where you're at. Then after that epiphany start working on something.
I'm a non-alcoholic.
So I just look around at my relatives, and college peers and get the same message...

And as I recall from motorbike trips, the fun is in the curves anyway.
I would love driving a tad better if motorists weren't such a menace on the streets, where I come from.

Gentlegiant

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
May 25, 2020
Canada
It sounds like you’re trying to determine if you’re on the right path or not, after you’ve taken one step down the path.

pick a path. Go down it for a while. It’s ok if it’s not “the right one”. Any path that gets you taking action and doing literally anything is the right path.

You will learn more than any udemy course will teach you from actually trying to do something.

No more videos for you.

It took me a dozen half assed attempts at “businesses” before I actually figured out what I was doing wrong, what I liked and didnt like, and why I failed.

That's exactly what I needed to hear at the moment, thank man :)

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States

No more videos for you.
And as I recall from motorbike trips, the fun is in the squiggly bits on the map.

And some of the best memories are of experiences that were definitely not fun at the time.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
And some of the best memories are of experiences that were definitely not fun at the time.
You can't leave it like that! Spill the beans.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
You can't leave it like that! Spill the beans.

Like the hiking experience where my friend was sliding down scree and thought he was going to fall off the mountain and die.

makes a great “remember that time when we....” story.

Especially because it had the happy ending of making it to the top of a trail-less mountain.

Business is no different than that, those who heard my summit talk know what I’m talking about.

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015
I don't know about for you, but for me, a lot of my anxiety is produced by thinking that I should be able to do something the way some world-famous expert does. its a total head trip, but still, its how I think.

What gets me past that is by taking a look at something, and breaking it down into pieces that I can do. Sometimes, those pieces are so small as to seem stupid

"turn on my computer"
"Open a blank word document"

If I feel overwhelmed by any one of those steps, I can take a break, and then break that task down even further.

"Find the Microsoft Word icon on my desktop"
"Double click it"

... I'm exaggerating, but only a little. its far better to do something seemingly stupid like double-clicking as a step than it is to sit there, do nothing, and go read the news for a few hours all while stressing out that my work isn't getting done.
This reminds me of the book "The Slight Edge." The gist of it, is that any large goal can be achieved, just break it down into teeny tiny bite-sized pieces.

Thinh

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Aug 11, 2018
Hey everyone,

Hey,

I've been through what you're going through.

I got out of it by doing two things:

1. Like the other said, start actually doing things. Not thinking about things, not taking courses, not reading books, do stuff. Poke, probe, break things. Then see what happens and go from there. Mark Manson wrote a great article about it called The Do Something principle. I linked it for others, but you, do not read it. You don't need to. It's all in the title and this point I'm writing about. You just have to do something.
2. Stop going on the internet. Stop consuming. For me it was the number one hinderance. Whenever you go on the internet, you open Pandora's box. Your mind right now is the like that of someone on heroin, craving for the next fix. Only severance will bring you salvation.

The more input you take, the less output you'll make.

kleine2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Sep 15, 2013
Hey everyone,

What is the breaking point that you are at?
Also, what anxiety do you have about not becoming successful?
Tell me more about that.

Loop

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jul 21, 2019

No more videos for you.

Thank you for sharing this @amp0193:thumbsup:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!