- Joined
- Aug 20, 2012
- Messages
- 658
Rep Bank
$1,205
$1,205
User Power: 74%
In person I get a long with everyone. It's almost bizarre. I can talk to anyone, any age, any type of job, ANYTHING... and am able to have an awesome, genuine conversation.
Now for some reason online (This has been literally every single website I have ever been a part of), people just don't get a long with me well!
I will admit that at times I may come off as ignorant, but is that really something to be angry over? (Because I usually infuriate people for whatever reason).
Here is an example. I joined Robert Himlers forum- Farfrom.it/forum, and tried to explain why I found fault with the reputation system and if there was anything he could do to give me a hand. It works like this- Click someones name
-A approve this post
-I Disapprove this post
And if you get enough GOOD "rep", you have a growing line of green icons, if you get enough bad, it is a red icon.
Now, I explained that I had not said anything inflammatory, and for whatever reason, I have a red icon above my name.
It wasn't so much that I did something wrong and was disagreeing with it, it was that people can just give you a negative reputation off of something OPINION BASED.
So, in reality I wasn't doing anything wrong AT ALL, but just because someone didn't agree with my opinion, they tacked on another bad feedback mark. Now I'm the only guy on the site with a red icon above my name and it is just frustrating that I did nothing wrong to earn it. Also, they began giving me even more saying "STOP WHINING!" and "LEARN TO TAKE CRITICISM!". There was no criticism to take! You disagreed with me and decided to go out of your way to have it taint my name.
I've always been the one that was out of the box. So when everyone else was getting along with the admins, or moderators, I was the one they needed to watch.
There is just something about being in person that makes me seem like an almost different kind of guy completely when I am not online.
Any input on this?
Now for some reason online (This has been literally every single website I have ever been a part of), people just don't get a long with me well!
I will admit that at times I may come off as ignorant, but is that really something to be angry over? (Because I usually infuriate people for whatever reason).
Here is an example. I joined Robert Himlers forum- Farfrom.it/forum, and tried to explain why I found fault with the reputation system and if there was anything he could do to give me a hand. It works like this- Click someones name
-A approve this post
-I Disapprove this post
And if you get enough GOOD "rep", you have a growing line of green icons, if you get enough bad, it is a red icon.
Now, I explained that I had not said anything inflammatory, and for whatever reason, I have a red icon above my name.
It wasn't so much that I did something wrong and was disagreeing with it, it was that people can just give you a negative reputation off of something OPINION BASED.
So, in reality I wasn't doing anything wrong AT ALL, but just because someone didn't agree with my opinion, they tacked on another bad feedback mark. Now I'm the only guy on the site with a red icon above my name and it is just frustrating that I did nothing wrong to earn it. Also, they began giving me even more saying "STOP WHINING!" and "LEARN TO TAKE CRITICISM!". There was no criticism to take! You disagreed with me and decided to go out of your way to have it taint my name.
I've always been the one that was out of the box. So when everyone else was getting along with the admins, or moderators, I was the one they needed to watch.
There is just something about being in person that makes me seem like an almost different kind of guy completely when I am not online.
Any input on this?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
