What's new

I just don't get it.... have I been scammed?

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Tommy92l

Regular Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Aug 20, 2012
Messages
658
Rep Bank
$1,205
User Power: 74%
Normally I understand scammers. Tell you everything you wanna hear, and drop off the grid. This was different, and I don't know what to think.

You guys know me and being addicted to youtube. I found this one website that promotes videos, so it's not just I.P. cycling and getting millions of views with no likes/comments, this is different. In short, these people (for a price) promote your video, and get tons of REAL views from real people.

Needless to say, I purchased a small package on one of my videos and it worked. What they don't tell you is that it's not real promoting. The video never leaves this companies community, no... it's just a bunch of paid people in the company that receive a text, go to your video to like/comment it, and that is that.

Now, I was speaking to a guy on the phone who even called me MULTIPLE times after I'd told him I purchased the package. He told me he really liked my content, that I had something special, so much in fact, that he'd write up a contract and help me push my videos forward. This was so when I got bigger gigs and noticed more, they'd take a portion out... sort of like an agent.

Now I didn't agree to a deal, I didn't get excited, but I have become confused.

My question - Why would someone contact me multiple times on the phone AFTER I purchased the package and explained that I am basically broke (I did tell him I could not afford, and won't, purchase another one), why? I don't get it. To total up the hours we spoke (over about 3-4 phone calls) it really was about 3 1/2 hours. This just seems SO bizarre. Spending that much time, even after I purchased it, to leach out 80 dollars.

He told me he'd call me back in 3-4 days with something in writing. Day 5 rolled around, I gave him a call. "He is busy now, he will call you back in 30 minutes!". Never called. I called tonight "He is a bit tied up right now, he will give you a call back in 20 minutes!". 2 hours later, and as of right now - nothing.

Can anyone explain this to me? Did the guy maybe just change his mind, or what? Was I scammed?

Oh and, for what it's worth.... I really couldn't care less about the money. Sure, I don't have a lot of it- but if it were to have worked out I'd be saying "Good! I took a risky shot and it paid off!". People are telling me to sue or get my money back, and although I did get REAL views, it wasn't from the real world, but from smaller, paid people in his company.

I still feel the need to clarify on my question because I how confused I am. Why the hell would you call me back 2-3 more times and spend hours on the phone AFTER I purchased the package and explained that I wouldn't be buying another.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom