The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I am starting a programming YouTube channel in a saturated environment!

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

learningFruit

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jun 22, 2020
Germany
Report 0 : 22 June 2020

Who am i?

I am a 28 year old IT student (bachelor student with average marks) in Europe. I am a beginner programmer with acceptable English and java skills. I want to start a programming channel in English! oh, boy...

What are my goals?
My short term goal is to upload 1-2 videos a month. In those short videos i will talk about algorithms and interview questions. I am actually bad at those topics, but i hope to improve my English and programming skills while making the videos. You can only learn and understand something, if you teach it to other people (Feynman technique).
Having a tech YouTube channel might give me a chance to get an internship and a full time position after graduation.

My long term goal is to build an online audience and if there is a need for an online course in a programming language that my be trending in the future, then i will do it.

But first, i want to grow my channel and get 50 Subscribers before December 2020!

Current Situation:
I already started my YouTube Channel back in May 2019 and uploaded three Videos so far. Then i stopped thanks to my excuses.

My thoughts
I feel like, i am thinking too much about growing a YouTube channel and getting subscribers, instead of asking myself, if i am providing value. I don't think the first videos are going to help anyone. But i would rather fail and pivot instead of never trying it! I am open to input, ideas and constructive criticism. Thank you for reading!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Putt

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jan 1, 2020
A

Anon79341

I don't think the first videos are going to help anyone.
I bet you can always help someone. Maybe you should define first who you are going help. And then figure out which kind of videos/techniques would be useful for them. Then you'll have a more clear path to follow along with the motivation you need.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.