The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

EXECUTION I am starting a programming YouTube channel in a saturated environment!

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

learningFruit

New Contributor
Jun 22, 2020
Germany
Report 0 : 22 June 2020

Who am i?

I am a 28 year old IT student (bachelor student with average marks) in Europe. I am a beginner programmer with acceptable English and java skills. I want to start a programming channel in English! oh, boy...

What are my goals?
My short term goal is to upload 1-2 videos a month. In those short videos i will talk about algorithms and interview questions. I am actually bad at those topics, but i hope to improve my English and programming skills while making the videos. You can only learn and understand something, if you teach it to other people (Feynman technique).
Having a tech YouTube channel might give me a chance to get an internship and a full time position after graduation.

My long term goal is to build an online audience and if there is a need for an online course in a programming language that my be trending in the future, then i will do it.

But first, i want to grow my channel and get 50 Subscribers before December 2020!

Current Situation:
I already started my YouTube Channel back in May 2019 and uploaded three Videos so far. Then i stopped thanks to my excuses.

My thoughts
I feel like, i am thinking too much about growing a YouTube channel and getting subscribers, instead of asking myself, if i am providing value. I don't think the first videos are going to help anyone. But i would rather fail and pivot instead of never trying it! I am open to input, ideas and constructive criticism. Thank you for reading!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Putt

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jan 1, 2020
If you haven't already, your first task needs to be read this:

seb451

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Apr 9, 2020
Chile
I don't think the first videos are going to help anyone.
I bet you can always help someone. Maybe you should define first who you are going help. And then figure out which kind of videos/techniques would be useful for them. Then you'll have a more clear path to follow along with the motivation you need.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
I'm on the fence with joining. I've been job searching for about 2 months and I can't get hired...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
If you read the last message then you know I'm removing my courses from Udemy next month. You...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
PS. what do you think about the idea of setting up live Busking experiences on Air BNB? I could...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Hi Mj, I just bought it. And reading it. I think is a great idea to write using the stories to...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Thanks for the reply. Whats interesting is that I have an idea that's been cooking which...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom