The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

NOTABLE! Creating a Successful YouTube Channel in the Business/Finance Niche

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

AubreyJ

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Mar 26, 2014
Plano, TX
It has been far too long since I have made an update - so the last 6 months have been really great.

I am still doing Youtube and now have a subscriber base of just under 35k subscribers, my channel has gotten just about 2 million views this year and over the last few months, I have started posting daily videos.

Currently, I have a few brand deals and have a few really exciting opportunities in the works that really were only possible from this YouTube channel.

As of now, I am focusing on how to grow this even more in 2021 and how to spin this off into multiple revenue streams. Here are my updated analytics below:

With brand deals and sponsorships I should hit just about $40k in total revenue for 2020.

Screen Shot 2020-12-04 at 1.03.02 PM.png

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Andy Black

Dad, Husband, Inbound Marketeer
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
It has been far too long since I have made an update - so the last 6 months have been really great.

I am still doing Youtube and now have a subscriber base of just under 35k subscribers, my channel has gotten just about 2 million views this year and over the last few months, I have started posting daily videos.

Currently, I have a few brand deals and have a few really exciting opportunities in the works that really were only possible from this YouTube channel.

As of now, I am focusing on how to grow this even more in 2021 and how to spin this off into multiple revenue streams. Here are my updated analytics below:

With brand deals and sponsorships I should hit just about $40k in total revenue for 2020.

View attachment 35871
Well done Aubrey. I just checked out the start of your latest video. You present very well. Good work.

Marked Notable. What's your biggest learnings this year? What's your plans for next year?

MTF

Never give up
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 1, 2011
Super solid work, @AubreyJ. I respect putting out content so consistently.

My YouTube channel was recently randomly banned for an unknown reason ("community guidelines"). They rejected my appeal and the channel is forever gone (a few years old, roughly 30-40k subscribers, making at most $100/month from ads). I didn't post anything on it for many months and never uploaded any controversial content so it was really random.

What is your plan to protect yourself against a similar scenario?

It seems to me that YouTube is very erratic and happy to ban people for no reason. I wouldn't be comfortable building a business on such a platform.

AubreyJ

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Mar 26, 2014
Plano, TX
Well done Aubrey. I just checked out the start of your latest video. You present very well. Good work.

Marked Notable. What's your biggest learnings this year? What's your plans for next year?

Thanks Andy! My biggest learning lesson has for sure been to just stick to it and continue trying to improve - I think that with Youtube (but really any business venture) it can be tough because you have a specific vision of what you want to do and it can be really easy to try to get ahead of yourself and/or even get discouraged by your progress in comparison to other people. I've been trying to really put a focus on just staying focused on what I can control, how I can improve every day and every week, and try not to pay attention to anything else. It's been helpful taking this approach.

I have a ton of plans for next year that I am super pumped about - I mentioned at the beginning of this thread that I have a business doing peer-to-peer car sharing with a fleet of 12 cars. I am currently working on a course that I am going to sell walking people through the process of managing a passive fleet in peer-to-peer car sharing.

I am making the dive into real estate investing and will be 1-2 properties this year, which will be documented on this channel.

I have a lot of ideas on how to monetize my current reach, from creating courses on income streams to growing the YouTube channel...etc

AubreyJ

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Mar 26, 2014
Plano, TX

My YouTube channel was recently randomly banned for an unknown reason ("community guidelines"). They rejected my appeal and the channel is forever gone (a few years old, roughly 30-40k subscribers, making at most $100/month from ads). I didn't post anything on it for many months and never uploaded any controversial content so it was really random.

It seems to me that YouTube is very erratic and happy to ban people for no reason. I wouldn't be comfortable building a business on such a platform.

Wow, that is very interesting. I have heard of similar things happening but never under this sort of circumstance.

My goal is to be able to create a revenue stream that is in connection to YouTube but not solely on YouTube (Of course YouTube revenue is a bonus), So ultimately I would like to be active across several platforms including YouTube, Patreon, and more.

But, this is certainly a fear of mine. I have been actively trying to solidify myself as a "safe" YouTube figure (this was at the advice of a fairly large finance YouTuber)- I want to build a reputation of being transparent, honest, and trustworthy and I hope that sort of reputation (if I ever get big enough to have a reputation) would help.

But other than that to be honest I don't know if there is a whole lot I could do. It certainly is something I have thought about, but not something I have a ton of concerns about. I think the risk vs. reward in this situation is worth proceeding even if the potential of getting banned is there.

StarVoyager

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jun 3, 2020
Missouri, USA

Oh wow! @MTF What kind of channel was it?

This is the same scenario I had when I was building affiliate sites with Amazon several years ago. I had been building niche sites and they pulled the affiliate program from our state. Boom, money gone. And of course, I'm sitting here now with the same situation, but a different part of Amazon. I know better but I haven't figured out yet how I want to expand into something that is profitable at my age.

spreng

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Jul 1, 2019
Well done, just saw this thread. You had a q2 goal of 500 subs and now have 35k o.o.

personal finance has epic CPM

Last edited:

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
How much it will cost if I go for a new setup. I was looking for such ideas and I want to take...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Finally! I just launched a short story on Kindle (FREE if you have Kindle Unlimited)! After...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
I planned to make a separate post for this video but it is useful here as well for anyone...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Last promo of the year.. Get the training you need now or miss it. Promo Code: FINALHOUR...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
UPDATED POST: Hey Guys! I wanted to give a quick update on what this program has become. In...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom