The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I am free for around 2 hours a day. How do I use this time to increase my income?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

sa_ill

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Feb 10, 2020
Should I invest in learning a new skill that I can later leverage to add to my income?
Should I start a new business?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Yea guys, tell me the secret.
How can I make money for the 3 hours I have free each day?
Exact steps please, diagram appreciated, thank you.

Pink Sheep

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Apr 29, 2019
Invest in getting more free time

Charly Brown

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Feb 22, 2017
Mexico
May I ask you why you want to increase your income ?, and also what does it mean to you "Free For Around 2 Hours A Day" , are you really free? what is it that you want from life?
I am really curious and in order to understand you, please tell us more.

Cerno

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Aug 28, 2020
Los Angeles
Should I invest in learning a new skill that I can later leverage to add to my income?
You could find a direct sales opportunity that aligns with your experience and expertise. For example, I used to be a commercial real estate broker. Now that I am retired from selling physical properties I got a freelance gig selling online properties, specifically domain names used by businesses. There are domain portfolio companies that own hundreds of generic product name domains worth 10k to 100k. I earn a 5 to 10 percent commission for a sale, and I can make calls and send emails on my own schedule. I don't need to invest anything but an hour or two on days I want to work. They give me a month to find a buyer, but it doesn't take that long to identify and contact the most obvious buyers, typically manufacturers and distributors of the product. Selling domains a perfect gig for me, maybe there is a high dollar product you can sell.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
How about spending 20 mins listening to this and then dropping your takeaways in here?

sa_ill

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Feb 10, 2020
May I ask you why you want to increase your income ?, and also what does it mean to you "Free For Around 2 Hours A Day" , are you really free? what is it that you want from life?
I am really curious and in order to understand you, please tell us more.
I have a trash bags business (I make them and I sell them), sales are low due to the pandemic. This time of the year the sales are usually the highest of the year. I spend most of my time marketing my garbage bags. There is a time slot where I'm looking to do something productive, like maybe learn a new skill, which I can devote myself too, and start making money using that skill.

I know it sounds very wishy-washy, maybe I'm not articulating it well, but I hope you understand my intentions.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
I have a trash bags business (I make them and I sell them), sales are low due to the pandemic. This time of the year the sales are usually the highest of the year. I spend most of my time marketing my garbage bags. There is a time slot where I'm looking to do something productive, like maybe learn a new skill, which I can devote myself too, and start making money using that skill.

I know it sounds very wishy-washy, maybe I'm not articulating it well, but I hope you understand my intentions.
Thats too little time to focus on anything in a meaningful way.
If you arent already doing it, 2 hours is more than enough to work on your fitness.
Taking care of your health will enhance all the other things that you do.

The Racing Driver

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Apr 20, 2015
UK

It sounds like you want to transition into another business eventually.

What does your current daily schedule look like? 2 hours can be a lot of time or very little depending on what you wish to do. Unless we have an idea of how you're spending your other 22 hours, it's hard to say what you should be doing in that time.

sa_ill

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Feb 10, 2020
It sounds like you want to transition into another business eventually.

What does your current daily schedule look like? 2 hours can be a lot of time or very little depending on what you wish to do. Unless we have an idea of how you're spending your other 22 hours, it's hard to say what you should be doing in that time.
Yes, you got that right. My trash bag business is carried from my father, and I've added new products and set up online shop. But still, it is a very competitive market and saturated to the brim.

Most of my day involves dealing with suppliers for raw material, dealing with customers, and marketing.

So yes, I am looking to transition into another business eventually. I know how to build Wordpress websites and make killer graphic designs through Canva. Even know a little bit about content marketing and SEO. (I did run a gaming blog for a while, which was mildly profitable)

sa_ill

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Feb 10, 2020
Thats too little time to focus on anything in a meaningful way.
If you arent already doing it, 2 hours is more than enough to work on your fitness.
Taking care of your health will enhance all the other things that you do.
I do spend 1.5 - 2 hours per day on my fitness. Wake up at around 6am and spend 1.5 hours practicing chanting, yogasanas and meditation. Around 2-3 days a week I go for long 10+ km runs.

The Racing Driver

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Apr 20, 2015
UK
Yes, you got that right. My trash bag business is carried from my father, and I've added new products and set up online shop. But still, it is a very competitive market and saturated to the brim.

Most of my day involves dealing with suppliers for raw material, dealing with customers, and marketing.

So yes, I am looking to transition into another business eventually. I know how to build Wordpress websites and make killer graphic designs through Canva. Even know a little bit about content marketing and SEO. (I did run a gaming blog for a while, which was mildly profitable)

Ok I see. It seems like that time can be best spent on learning new skills, reading books and connecting with other ambitious entrepreneurs (like maybe here on this forum). I still have a long way to go in my journey, however I find that learning and building relationships has always been valuable in the long run.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
You have a business, which pays your bills.
So you know the basics of business.
Now lurk around in the forum and learn to find ideas and mindset.
You will be able to answer your question soon!

btw have you read the books? Do it, its a big step!

sa_ill

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Feb 10, 2020
At what time of day do have your 2 free hours? Early or after you are finished with work?
At around 5 PM. I start working from 9:30 AM.

You have a business, which pays your bills.
So you know the basics of business.
Now lurk around in the forum and learn to find ideas and mindset.
You will be able to answer your question soon!

btw have you read the books? Do it, its a big step!
Yes, I have read TMF . Reading Unscripted along with a yoga related book.

Jdes91

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Oct 5, 2020
Is Uber Eats available in your area? It could be a good idea to get on a bike and pick up some orders... You could also post on kijiji offering services for dog walking, companionship with older adults (although now might not be the best time given COVID)

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Discover the people who truly know what they're doing, and start following them. Listen to what they say. These people are not necessarily going to promote their stuff or be the most helpful. They will just be doing things that are working, and are determined to gather knowledge, and sort the truth from the false.

Imo, the industry that shows most promise at the moment is eCommerce.

sa_ill

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Feb 10, 2020
Is Uber Eats available in your area? It could be a good idea to get on a bike and pick up some orders... You could also post on kijiji offering services for dog walking, companionship with older adults (although now might not be the best time given COVID)
I dont think this is such a good option because while I met get paid for doing the job, this wont offer me dividends over the long term.

Charly Brown

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Feb 22, 2017
Mexico
Do you have a sense of what would you like to accomplish in life?
What interests you or make you curious?
Is there something you always wanted to do or become?

I am asking this because if you know where you are going, it is easier to know what to do.

Phil Yu

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Aug 25, 2020
USA, CA
Is the garbage business your only source of income? Use that 2 hour to go to your next move, learn how to grow the business you have or get income from the busienss and go to something else. Maybe you dont like to run a business at all?!.

I think you need to know where do you want to go first.

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
cliffnotes version:
Step 1: where would you like to see your business in 10 years?

Step 2: what would it take to get it there today?

No excuses... could you do it with a team of 100 people? 300 people? what would it take to make it happen in the next week?

there is another route:
do you think that you could add 10% more customers to your customer list in a year?
do you think that you could add 10% to total of prices (price increases in some areas)

results?
before:
1 sale per year , to 100 customers, at $100 per transaction = $10,000 (before)
after, $110 per sale, to 110 customers, 1.1 times per year = $13,100 (after)

additionally: do you think that you could add 10% in total transaction value (you sell them a bunch of trash bags, how about some air freshener that goes into the bottom of the bin to go with that?)
if you can add another 10% this way, then you'll go from $10,000 (before) to $14,641 (a 46% increase)

also, read Dan Kennedy's latest book: alchemy

saidotcoach

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Oct 8, 2020
You're on the right track. Investing in yourself is the best way to spend the time you have. Reading books for 1 hour and working on a side hustle for another would be a great start.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Need more info...

Current skill sets...
Current proficiencies...
Where do you live...
Country?
City? Countryside?
Access to technology?

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
Demarco said: The fastlaner people are cheap with time, not money.

2 hours a day
14 hours a week
21 hours a month

Ask yourself 2 questions:

1) What can I do, learn a skill based on my interest and experience to make it work ?

2) How much ounce of 21 hours in a month is valuable to you?

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

There are many high-income skills that you can use to leverage.
Your question can't be answered, as you have provided no context.

For some angles, you will need to build out a social media following and an audience to have people to sell too.

For others, you will need to get good at sending cold emails.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska

Why don't you explore some other related products that you can use to expand your current business? Using your current customer base to grow your current business would be the most efficient use of those contacts. And it would multiply the results for that extra time and effort.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.