The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hypnosis for motivation?

Anything related to matters of the mind

oimate

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jul 8, 2015
Hi,
Not sure if this is the right section for posting but just wondering if any of the fastlane readers have used hypnosis to achieve any of their goals?

I know of 2 seperate people who would have been quite skeptical about this kinda thing and they successfully quit smoking and the other lost 4 stone after attending a 121 hypnosis session.

Looking into this further and there are ones that offer for example motivation improvments-Yes I know this is probably sidewalk thinking and the guy doing the sessions is the only fastlaner but I am actually tempted to give it a go-Mostly because I am getting increasingly pissed off by not achieving and doing bullshit things like reading yet another business good and doing nothing about it at the end.

Has any forum users tried hypnosis? If so what was your impression? Did it work?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Hi,
Not sure if this is the right section for posting but just wondering if any of the fastlane readers have used hypnosis to achieve any of their goals?

I know of 2 seperate people who would have been quite skeptical about this kinda thing and they successfully quit smoking and the other lost 4 stone after attending a 121 hypnosis session.

Looking into this further and there are ones that offer for example motivation improvments-Yes I know this is probably sidewalk thinking and the guy doing the sessions is the only fastlaner but I am actually tempted to give it a go-Mostly because I am getting increasingly pissed off by not achieving and doing bullshit things like reading yet another business good and doing nothing about it at the end.

Has any forum users tried hypnosis? If so what was your impression? Did it work?
Yes. It works. I've used this one.

Listening to the first main track with headphones. Don't use this while driving.

Stop Procrastinating, Get Motivated: Get It Done, Guided Meditation, Self-Hypnosis, Binaural Beats

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
I've tried hypnosis.

It's called if I don't make money, then I don't pay my bills.
I'm hypnotized by the clock at work everyday. So yes, it does motivate me to work harder.

jlwilliams

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Dec 14, 2014
Hypnosis has a great track record. Many, many people have achieved goals ranging from smoking cessation and the like to far more unique and personalized things. Audio files are ok but a session with a live hypnotist is better. Find a good hypnotist locally and give them a shot.

Raaa

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Mar 22, 2017
UK
If you need to be hypnotized to be motivated enough to work on fastlane, then something is wrong.

Find your drive, your drive isn't going to find you.

Light the fire inside and begin working on your legacy.

Paul Drake

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Apr 26, 2017
Charleston, SC
I used hypnosis a few times and it has been very effective for me. The basic concept is to speak truth into your subconscious so you're able to rewire some of your thinking and behavior. It really helped me get over some funk and get me back on track.

TheDillon__

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Apr 11, 2016
DFW
So here's where I stand, as someone who has been hypnotized several times before, and has hypnotized many people.

Hypnosis will help fuel your success.

However, there's more to it than that. Hypnosis will fuel your success in the same way that a reallly motivating book/podcast/webinar will.

All of these things are great value adds, but they're adding all of that value to the top line of your motivation and diligence.

While you're enamored with them, and while they're fresh on your mind, they will definitely help propel you to get a lot of work done, be riskier than normal, and propel you to accomplish your goals.

However, top lines like this aren't consistent. They fade away anywhere from a few hours to a few days later.

If you really want to boost your potential in life, what we need to worry about is raising our bottom line. Instead of trying to boost our motivation by a big amount for a short amount of time, we need to find a way to consistently keep a bit more motivated/diligent than before. Luckily, on this forum, you're at a good place for it.

So how can we get started?

1. Mindset. Yes, it's crucial, and having a strong mindset is absolutely important when it comes to achieving a goal. That said, look at the number. This is step one. Get in, learn what you need, and get out. Read these.

TMF - MJ DeMarco
Be Obsessed or Be Average - Grant Cardone

You get a free pass for one more mindset book of your choice. No more until you've started taking good sized action! You can read both of these books in a month or less.

2. Expected Value. Check out this article from Forever Jobless. Expected Value is the idea of literally quantifying any decision that you're going to make, and then acting on that information.

For example. I was very undecided on whether or not I should move from my dorm in the suburbs, out to downtown.

For Remain, I noted that my money would be

-$10,000/semester for tuition, room/board, food

-$500-1000 / Textbooks

+$680/mo. from a job at a cafeteria on campus.

- Strained relationship, my girlfriend is as bullheaded as I am and was going to Dallas with or without me.

- Focus on business. Between work, class, and studying, I would hardly have any time to focus on actually growing my money.

For Leave, I noted that my money would be

-$1,000/mo. For rent, all utilities, and internet. in an area 10 minutes from downtown.

+$1,680/mo. From a management job at a retailer in the mall.

+ Better networking opportunities. In a 10 minute time span at the Starbucks by my house, I overheard two tech investors discussing a pitching event, a guy giving a webinar to his following, and a handful of real estate investors discussing properties.

+ More focus on business. In my spare time, I can focus solely on growing my business in one way or another. The week before I moved to town, I landed my first lead gen deal with a local client. That's how I paid for my INSIDERS membership!

+ Save the extra $30,000 of debt I would've accumulated had I stayed in a private college.

+ Keep the girlfriend happy (a benefit of its own!)

Weighing these two options together, (if not for business focus and student debt savings alone!) moving seemed like it had the highest chance of being profitable. So I did!

On a smaller scale, last night @GoodluckChuck recommended me a book on AdWords from an author I'd never heard of.

I was going to ask a few questions about the book, how much detail it went into, about the author, blah blah blah. But I realized that none of that really mattered. The book is $10.

If I choose not to buy the book, I save $10.

But there's also a good chance that, as someone new to AdWords, I can learn some ways to boost the campaigns I'm currently running! Even if I don't get a new customer, but my current client decides to re-up next month with their same spend, I make another $60. That's six times the money I'd have if I didn't get the book at all!

Obviously the potential was greater in purchasing the book, so I did.

Not every choice you make in this light will be a guaranteed winner, but by doing this, youre pre-disposing yourself to having more wins.

3. Just get started!

This is the best way to learn how to do anything by far.

We don't teach kids the mechanics behind bicycle cranks and pedals, nor the physics behind balancing their bodyweight on two wheels. We put little Eli on the bike, give him a shove, and let him scrape his knees a few times while he gets the hang of it.

In the same way, don't study grammar three years before you try speaking a language. Learn a few phrases and start speaking now.

Don't buy a textbook on AdWords and study it until you've memorized every little detail. Read the posts from @Andy Black and @eliquid to get the basics, then start putting ads out there!

In short, hypnosis will help. But trying to hypnotize yourself into being a fastlane entrepreneur is like trying to become a priest by reading Psalms, or become a chef by maxing avocado toast. Sure it's a step in the right direction, but it's just one drop in the bucket and ultimately, probably, a waste of time and money.

Adure

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
The $10 book is will pay for itself in <10 clicks!

Well, depending on your CPC.. For me it only took 1.2 clicks...

Dbbuzbee

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 8, 2016
Washington DC
So here's where I stand, as someone who has been hypnotized several times before, and has hypnotized many people.

Hypnosis will help fuel your success.

However, there's more to it than that. Hypnosis will fuel your success in the same way that a reallly motivating book/podcast/webinar will.

All of these things are great value adds, but they're adding all of that value to the top line of your motivation and diligence.

While you're enamored with them, and while they're fresh on your mind, they will definitely help propel you to get a lot of work done, be riskier than normal, and propel you to accomplish your goals.

However, top lines like this aren't consistent. They fade away anywhere from a few hours to a few days later.

If you really want to boost your potential in life, what we need to worry about is raising our bottom line. Instead of trying to boost our motivation by a big amount for a short amount of time, we need to find a way to consistently keep a bit more motivated/diligent than before. Luckily, on this forum, you're at a good place for it.

So how can we get started?

1. Mindset. Yes, it's crucial, and having a strong mindset is absolutely important when it comes to achieving a goal. That said, look at the number. This is step one. Get in, learn what you need, and get out. Read these.

TMF - MJ DeMarco
Be Obsessed or Be Average - Grant Cardone

You get a free pass for one more mindset book of your choice. No more until you've started taking good sized action! You can read both of these books in a month or less.

2. Expected Value. Check out this article from Forever Jobless. Expected Value is the idea of literally quantifying any decision that you're going to make, and then acting on that information.

For example. I was very undecided on whether or not I should move from my dorm in the suburbs, out to downtown.

For Remain, I noted that my money would be

-$10,000/semester for tuition, room/board, food

-$500-1000 / Textbooks

+$680/mo. from a job at a cafeteria on campus.

- Strained relationship, my girlfriend is as bullheaded as I am and was going to Dallas with or without me.

- Focus on business. Between work, class, and studying, I would hardly have any time to focus on actually growing my money.

For Leave, I noted that my money would be

-$1,000/mo. For rent, all utilities, and internet. in an area 10 minutes from downtown.

+$1,680/mo. From a management job at a retailer in the mall.

+ Better networking opportunities. In a 10 minute time span at the Starbucks by my house, I overheard two tech investors discussing a pitching event, a guy giving a webinar to his following, and a handful of real estate investors discussing properties.

+ More focus on business. In my spare time, I can focus solely on growing my business in one way or another. The week before I moved to town, I landed my first lead gen deal with a local client. That's how I paid for my INSIDERS membership!

+ Save the extra $30,000 of debt I would've accumulated had I stayed in a private college.

+ Keep the girlfriend happy (a benefit of its own!)

Weighing these two options together, (if not for business focus and student debt savings alone!) moving seemed like it had the highest chance of being profitable. So I did!

On a smaller scale, last night @GoodluckChuck recommended me a book on AdWords from an author I'd never heard of.

I was going to ask a few questions about the book, how much detail it went into, about the author, blah blah blah. But I realized that none of that really mattered. The book is $10.

If I choose not to buy the book, I save $10.

But there's also a good chance that, as someone new to AdWords, I can learn some ways to boost the campaigns I'm currently running! Even if I don't get a new customer, but my current client decides to re-up next month with their same spend, I make another $60. That's six times the money I'd have if I didn't get the book at all!

Obviously the potential was greater in purchasing the book, so I did.

Not every choice you make in this light will be a guaranteed winner, but by doing this, youre pre-disposing yourself to having more wins.

3. Just get started!

This is the best way to learn how to do anything by far.

We don't teach kids the mechanics behind bicycle cranks and pedals, nor the physics behind balancing their bodyweight on two wheels. We put little Eli on the bike, give him a shove, and let him scrape his knees a few times while he gets the hang of it.

In the same way, don't study grammar three years before you try speaking a language. Learn a few phrases and start speaking now.

Don't buy a textbook on AdWords and study it until you've memorized every little detail. Read the posts from @Andy Black and @eliquid to get the basics, then start putting ads out there!

In short, hypnosis will help. But trying to hypnotize yourself into being a fastlane entrepreneur is like trying to become a priest by reading Psalms, or become a chef by maxing avocado toast. Sure it's a step in the right direction, but it's just one drop in the bucket and ultimately, probably, a waste of time and money.

Adure
Do you have any recommendations for a certain audio tape/ book to listen to for the Hypnosis. I'm not looking for a cheap fix for something, more so looking for a tape to get into the right mindset in the morning metro ride.

Thanks

Alxander

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 5, 2015
What's next, want someone else to do it for you :hilarious:

Tbh I did watch a hypnosis video when I was feeling down, but it still feels like "external motivation"

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.