The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to manage a sidewalk/ slowlane environment?

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

Soder

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
516%
Jan 3, 2019
Hi.

For a while now I have been totally focused on the fastlane, as I tell in my presentation:
INTRO - In the fastlane, now I need speed up

I dedicate all day to my project and to read to improve. Although I see friends from time to time, they continue with the sidewalk or slowlane mentality of going out every weekend to get drunk and I say "no", but sometimes it is exhausting, they are very demanding like friends-all-time-together teenagers mentality. I don't want to lose friends, but I will not do anything I don't want.

The highly recommended Charlie Munger, the partner of Warren Buffett, has a phrase for these cases: “Acquire worldly wisdom and adjust your behavior accordingly. If your new behavior gives you a little temporary unpopularity with your peer group…then to hell with them.”

Has it happened to you? How do you manage it?
Thank you in advance.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Just blindly cutting off friends is not a good idea. Depends on the situation.

Most people are slowlane and sidewalkers the people here are the exception not the rule.

Don't judge people, if there good people and at least have a growth mindset then go be friends, they don't have to be a fastlaner.

Healthfulness

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Oct 7, 2018
Denmark
Finally. Someone speaks about this. I've never been the "people-person" and always felt bit out of place for the same reason. 90% lifestyle is destructive as hell, therefore my social circle is very limited. From outside it's not that visible, but I dislike communicating with most people, because of their lifestyle choices and mindset.
After reading fastlane and starting to take action, it's even worse. Hate, superiority and judgement hasn't been so high for a while. People asking me: "It's Friday, why don't You come out?". Answer is someting like: "Don't feel like it". While actually I'm thinking: "Oh damn, You sheep, You're gonna be slave for rest of Your life, go and fill Your brains with poision (alcohol) to forget about the responsibilities and the upcoming future."
I don't know. I guess, I'll just build my online businesses and build a castle somewhere in the nature where no one lives .

Jonathan S.Diaz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Dec 27, 2018
United States of America
Finally. Someone speaks about this. I've never been the "people-person" and always felt bit out of place for the same reason. 90% lifestyle is destructive as hell, therefore my social circle is very limited. From outside it's not that visible, but I dislike communicating with most people, because of their lifestyle choices and mindset.
After reading fastlane and starting to take action, it's even worse. Hate, superiority and judgement hasn't been so high for a while. People asking me: "It's Friday, why don't You come out?". Answer is someting like: "Don't feel like it". While actually I'm thinking: "Oh damn, You sheep, You're gonna be slave for rest of Your life, go and fill Your brains with poision (alcohol) to forget about the responsibilities and the upcoming future."
I don't know. I guess, I'll just build my online businesses and build a castle somewhere in the nature where no one lives .
At my high school there was one guy that talks to me, and something that has stuck with me have been his remarks on how little friends I have. My high school is not a place where growth-mindset people come, or entrepreneurs work on online businesses on their laptops - the complete opposite, it's a place for side-walkers to congregate and perpetually waste each other's valuable resources like time and mental/physical potential. So being highly selective with people and being surrounded by people that I don't relate to, I'm seen as a loner. However, it's not that I don't like people, I look forward to building my network once I get out of this place! TFLF has been a great place to meet new people and learn valuable information.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Soder

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
516%
Jan 3, 2019
Thank you guys for answer.
I think, as everything in life, it's about priorities, and I have mine very very clear.
And we must communicate it to our environment and those who really are worth it, they will understand.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...