The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

INTRO How to manage a sidewalk/ slowlane environment?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Soder

Bronze Contributor
Jan 3, 2019
Hi.

For a while now I have been totally focused on the fastlane, as I tell in my presentation:
INTRO - In the fastlane, now I need speed up

I dedicate all day to my project and to read to improve. Although I see friends from time to time, they continue with the sidewalk or slowlane mentality of going out every weekend to get drunk and I say "no", but sometimes it is exhausting, they are very demanding like friends-all-time-together teenagers mentality. I don't want to lose friends, but I will not do anything I don't want.

The highly recommended Charlie Munger, the partner of Warren Buffett, has a phrase for these cases: “Acquire worldly wisdom and adjust your behavior accordingly. If your new behavior gives you a little temporary unpopularity with your peer group…then to hell with them.”

Has it happened to you? How do you manage it?
Thank you in advance.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Just blindly cutting off friends is not a good idea. Depends on the situation.

Most people are slowlane and sidewalkers the people here are the exception not the rule.

Don't judge people, if there good people and at least have a growth mindset then go be friends, they don't have to be a fastlaner.

Healthfulness

Bronze Contributor
Oct 7, 2018
Denmark
Finally. Someone speaks about this. I've never been the "people-person" and always felt bit out of place for the same reason. 90% lifestyle is destructive as hell, therefore my social circle is very limited. From outside it's not that visible, but I dislike communicating with most people, because of their lifestyle choices and mindset.
After reading fastlane and starting to take action, it's even worse. Hate, superiority and judgement hasn't been so high for a while. People asking me: "It's Friday, why don't You come out?". Answer is someting like: "Don't feel like it". While actually I'm thinking: "Oh damn, You sheep, You're gonna be slave for rest of Your life, go and fill Your brains with poision (alcohol) to forget about the responsibilities and the upcoming future."
I don't know. I guess, I'll just build my online businesses and build a castle somewhere in the nature where no one lives .

Jonathan S.Diaz

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Dec 27, 2018
United States of America
Finally. Someone speaks about this. I've never been the "people-person" and always felt bit out of place for the same reason. 90% lifestyle is destructive as hell, therefore my social circle is very limited. From outside it's not that visible, but I dislike communicating with most people, because of their lifestyle choices and mindset.
After reading fastlane and starting to take action, it's even worse. Hate, superiority and judgement hasn't been so high for a while. People asking me: "It's Friday, why don't You come out?". Answer is someting like: "Don't feel like it". While actually I'm thinking: "Oh damn, You sheep, You're gonna be slave for rest of Your life, go and fill Your brains with poision (alcohol) to forget about the responsibilities and the upcoming future."
I don't know. I guess, I'll just build my online businesses and build a castle somewhere in the nature where no one lives .
At my high school there was one guy that talks to me, and something that has stuck with me have been his remarks on how little friends I have. My high school is not a place where growth-mindset people come, or entrepreneurs work on online businesses on their laptops - the complete opposite, it's a place for side-walkers to congregate and perpetually waste each other's valuable resources like time and mental/physical potential. So being highly selective with people and being surrounded by people that I don't relate to, I'm seen as a loner. However, it's not that I don't like people, I look forward to building my network once I get out of this place! TFLF has been a great place to meet new people and learn valuable information.

OP
OP
Soder

Soder

Bronze Contributor
Jan 3, 2019
Thank you guys for answer.
I think, as everything in life, it's about priorities, and I have mine very very clear.
And we must communicate it to our environment and those who really are worth it, they will understand.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Out of curiosity, what types of businesses are you advising on? (I read this whole thread...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just bought 5 of your Upwork courses. Thanks for making valuable content Lex!
MARKETPLACE Fox' Web School's "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
Thanks for the detailed response. I see it similar, in the beginning, you have only a small...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks for your offer to look at my book. Here's the link to the squeeze page Buy The Prosperous...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
The day I can afford to pay 800 a month to have someone keep me accountable is the day I've won...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom