The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to Learn Code, Start a Web Company, $15k+ per month within 9 months

Raedrum

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Jul 30, 2019
Interesting approach, I must say this has made me consider learning some web design. I always thought the high-end money was in web apps.

So it's through web design that you're selling value (convincing them you'll increase their sales, leads, conversion, etc).
In my case, I only know web development at the moment, so it's pretty tricky to sell value in the same way you are. My job is to only build the design I'm given, not create the design myself. Do you have any advice on how I can create value for them (increase sales, leads, etc) through purely web development? Or is learning some web design the only way?

My HTML/CSS/JS is pretty proficient, I can create any design that I'm given, it just takes me some time as I haven't had tons of practice.

The fact is that clients really don't give a d**** about how you do you job. Especially in coding which is commonly seen as a massive, boring headhache. Only results matters.

When you go to your car mechanic, he's ordering the pieces, not manufacturing it himself. Does that matter to you ? Nope, you just want your car to run.

I respect epicness above everything, but epicness is not rentability. Sure you could developp awesome web app that bring great results, but is that the more optimized way ? A bricklayer company has absolutely no ideas of the difference between a perfectly developped react.js app and a imported wordpress template, and they don't wanna know. Darn even the word "webmaster" is irritating for them.

But you can exploit that, you can actually sell geek work by not seeming a geek, wich is where you can unlock market parts.

If you consider all the factors, time, energy, skills and results, chances of success... Then it is way more profitable to develop showcase, static websites, for boring services companies like accountant or construction. So yes, pure "design" is more profitable in first time. And if you can develop true webapp, using templates for design will be easy for you.

Personally, I want to create selling designs that bring results to secure myself and then only switch to true web dev, because yes, web app can bring you massive money, but it is also more risky.

One of the things I learned on this forum is that beginning simply is always a good idea :)

Yes using templates is not the "real deal", but we're not programmers, we're business men.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Dinaa

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
325%
May 24, 2014
Ireland
It has taken me a long time to have time to create this thread and for that I apologize. I have been getting PMs for months and while I helped a lot of you out with detailed responses I wanted to start a thread so everyone would have access to the same information.

*** This isn't exact Fastlane, at least not in the beginning, but its a great way to earn 5 figures a month, learn the skills to create and run your own FL business while building a network of top business people***

Back at the beginning of the year I packed up everything I owned in Canada and moved to South America. I was keen to make enough income to stay down there while also building my own Fastlane business. Problem was I had no online skills, no idea what to do and have never ran a successful business before.

I just launched my business last week and I am still down here living happily so I guess I could say things have gone very well. Hopefully this information helps others achieve similar success and allows them to start pursuing their dreams.

So first things first:

- I started with zero coding knowledge in January of this year. I didn't know how to host a website, I didn't know what HTML or CSS was, I made a tonne of really basic mistakes and figured it all out by myself. I didn't take any expensive courses, had no mentors and probably only spent a few hundred dollars getting set up.

It took me a while to refine my niche but what I now focus on is building simple yet powerful websites that get huge results. No crazy interactive code, no fancy graphics, just simple, clean, professional websites that add huge value to the clients who hire me.

In the last few months I have
- built a website that landed a $1 million pus contract for the guys who hired me (they hadn't worked in over 8 months - oil company)
- built a website that helped get a pro athlete into a world tournament and increased pay from his sponsors (social media profile increase)
- Built a website that has a lawyer making over 1k a week on consultations

While I made good money on these websites its nice to know that the value I added is many times more and all my clients have been very satisfied.

I am still in the early stages of figuring this all out though so as this thread goes along I will still update with what I am learning and what has changed. Right now my problem is scaling, I need more top sales people on the ground selling websites for me. I will come back to this in another post maybe.

So how to begin:

So todays lesson is on how to get started at the very start. You know nothing and you want to get in on this action too. Some quick notes - I build "custom" HTML websites 99% of the time, I don't use wordpress except in some rare cases for add on blog/news sections to my sites. Why? Most of my clients are very busy, non tech people. They don't want or have time to update their websites. They want it built well and they want it to run itself. HTML is a lot better for this and when done right looks way more professional.

How to begin with HTML:

Take the HTML and CSS lessons on Learn to Code - for Free | Codecademy.

You can also do the JS section but I didn't and have been just fine.

Next take the following UDEMY course:

Build Responsive Websites with HTML5 and CSS3

After this you will now know how to edit and work with HTML themes. What does that mean?

Well there is no point creating a website from scratch. That takes years of coding experience and a lot of time for each new clients. Luckily enough people have gone and created HTML themes - its an already coded website where you just rearrange, switch out the pictures and text and add in a few extra bits (I will show how to do all of this at a later stage).

An example of a theme is here...

Foundry Multipurpose HTML + Variant Page Builder

It just a blank slate with a certain style that you work with. While this may seem like strange or cheating (I thought this was how to learn to build websites!??) its not. Anyone with an internet can create a website these days so that is not where we will be adding value. We add value by building a website with a purpose. We want to build websites that get results and make money, or whatever they are trying to achieve, for the owner.

So how do you build a website that gets great results?

Good question.

As @Andy Black would say you want sales not a website. I am going to meet him half way with you want to build a website that gets sales. Not a website that looks amazing, has cool videos and sections, talks about the companies recent gold tournament or how they really wanted to do X since they were 5. Now it might do one or all of these things but only IF it helps gets sales.

Every page, link, click and action on the website is to help facilitate the growth of the company and sales.

Lets take for example an immigration lawyer website...

Is the goal of the site to teach you about immigration law?
Is it to show you stats of work, trade and education within the country?
Is it to teach you about what to do when you first arrive, what to pack, what to expect?

No.

The whole purpose of that website is for the user to either book a consultation or contact them regarding their services. Which both lead to that person hiring them as their immigration lawyer.

Now it might use some of the above to help with that goal but it only has one main purpose. Everything we do for that client must help with that goal or if it doesn't help... be removed.

You are going to learn to take the value of threads of here regarding copywriting, sales and the Fastlane Mindset and apply it other peoples businesses to help them achieve massive results. This just happens to take the form of a website. You are really selling sales and results.

Once you sell results there is no limit to what you can charge and achieve.

If you have read all this and want to start follow the above links, compete them fully and then follow along with the next stages. There will be a lot to cover but I will outline everything you need to know to be making over $10,000 a month with 6 months*.

*Assumes actual work ethic, being able to do some learning by yourself and filling in the gaps. I will give advice but I won't be holding anyones hand step-by-step.

Next lesson... Client selection.
Thank you very much.

livetrue

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Oct 27, 2019
Canada
Great thread, interesting to see how everything progressed over the years.

@Fox what are your latest revenue numbers like? Have you hit a ceiling or are you still seeing lots of growth and opportunity?

Thanks for all the discussion and feedback. This is gold.

Valtuck

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
May 1, 2022
Here you go...

Any questions just let me know here

Hi, I'm 20 years old and I live in Nicaragua, the poorest country in the region. I recently read the FastLane, and it completely changed my perspective on business and gave me agency to change my own future within my country. So, I noticed that there are barely any software companies operating in Nicaragua, and none of those serve small businesses, so I decided to start my own web design & development company that focuses on helping the 155,000 small companies in existence right now (according to a 2020 census made by Nicaragua's National Bank), and I was wondering if doing web development would make me transgress the Time commandment from FastLane, and if so, should I start by only doing web design, or should I offer more? My current tech stack is HTML, CSS, Javascript, React, MongoDB, Git and I'm currently learning Data Structures, I'm really interested in programming and learning more programming languages as I think it has the potential to be endlessly productive.

Raedrum

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Jul 30, 2019
Hello @Fox, how are you doing ?

First thank you again for this thread and your youtube channel, your videos are helping me understand the work and I feel that your strategy of quick cold call/mail are really pertinent. I speak a lot about you.

I have 2 questions I you don't mind:

First what do you do about website maintenance ? I understand you're working with html templates that I assume require little to no maintenance, wich is a selling argument, but what about your students using elementor or another page builder ? I'm using wordpress (elementor & divi) and I feel like maintenance is really important (especially for security) and I want to use that for obtaining small commitments before larger (like online ads) but I’m afraid I’ll end up with dozens of websites to maintain and so a lot of work that won’t get me as much rentability as online ads for example.

Second, what do you think about working with competitors of the same niche in the same area ? I see that you're working with companies all around the world so maybe this is not an issue for you, but I'm Belgian and speak french and I would like to specialize in the niche of accounting/fiduciary in my area (for the purpose of having high knowledges of one specific market and then access to others market via theirs clients, because every businesses need accountants). So do you think it's a good idea or that it will bring me problems ? Or maybe I could work with a few fiduciary in every major city in my country, diminishing competitors "envy" and expand my sphere of influence ?

Anyway thanks again for bringing us this lot of quality content and keep up the amazing work !

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
I'd say for a WP website maintenance is definitely important. In my experience, all WP websites I've seen that weren't maintained, eventually had issues of one sort of another.

Raedrum

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Jul 30, 2019
Yes I came to that realisation too, my question here is should I continue with page builder or switch to html template like @Fox because it require way less maintenance ? It seem that this fact is a sell argument for clients who don't want to bother or pay with maintenance.

Moreover I assume larger clients will pay willingly to get this problem out of their minds.

Actually I think I must exploit the capabilities of code to automatise maintenance and reduce my work load.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Maybe I should make a new one of these threads that just focus on sales / improving your prices?

I don’t check this one as much anymore since I don’t think I have much more to add on getting started.

Raedrum

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Jul 30, 2019
@Fox Ho I didn’t want to ask an already answered question or waste your time, I admit I didn't finished the entire thread...

I mean yeah if you have time for a new one I'll definitely be there, I follow several advisers but you were my base of reflection (and still the most realistic of them)

(By the way I'm currently trying your quick cold call/mail method from your youtube channel for 2 weeks and it already gave me results)

FreeCash

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jun 29, 2022
Thank you for this post, it's encouraging and motivation.
Yet I have just 1 question;
Do you work with clients that is with in your locality? Or is it international? And how are you planning to do alot of the coding, according to the fast lane formula.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Random question but do any of these clients ask for contracts?

Some do, but at the start, it is usually more of just mapping out the expectations.
The last thing the client wants to see is some 15-page contract - it's best to keep it simple and easy.

At the start you can usually just do a short email that outlines how it will all work, clients are fine with that.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Thank you for this post, it's encouraging and motivation.
Yet I have just 1 question;
Do you work with clients that is with in your locality? Or is it international? And how are you planning to do alot of the coding, according to the fast lane formula.

You can work with clients wherever - but you will need time to build up proof and experience first.
But ya with a good plan it can be done within a few months.

As for coding - I recommend themes and templates.
They look great and require very little technical work to turn into a finished website.

Also, there are lots of other options like Webflow or Figma. Use what allows you to work fast.

sa_ill

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Feb 10, 2020
I run a gaming blog that has decent visitors. It has a lot of unique content, our editorial section is the strongest. I am struggling to monetise my website. What can I do?

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I run a gaming blog that has decent visitors. It has a lot of unique content, our editorial section is the strongest. I am struggling to monetise my website. What can I do?

What is the purpose of the blog?

More details would help, but I think you could start partnering with brands/products/services that your customers love and add in many affiliate links.

And then, over time, you could work on making your offer service or product to sell to people.

sa_ill

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Feb 10, 2020
What is the purpose of the blog?

More details would help, but I think you could start partnering with brands/products/services that your customers love and add in many affiliate links.

And then, over time, you could work on making your offer service or product to sell to people.
It is a portal for news, esports tournaments, game reviews, tech reviews, PC hardware benchmarks. I can post a link if needed.

But that is the plan, that over time start offering a service or product. Still have no clue about what it is going to be though.

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
It has taken me a long time to have time to create this thread and for that I apologize. I have been getting PMs for months and while I helped a lot of you out with detailed responses I wanted to start a thread so everyone would have access to the same information.

*** This isn't exact Fastlane, at least not in the beginning, but its a great way to earn 5 figures a month, learn the skills to create and run your own FL business while building a network of top business people***

Back at the beginning of the year I packed up everything I owned in Canada and moved to South America. I was keen to make enough income to stay down there while also building my own Fastlane business. Problem was I had no online skills, no idea what to do and have never ran a successful business before.

I just launched my business last week and I am still down here living happily so I guess I could say things have gone very well. Hopefully this information helps others achieve similar success and allows them to start pursuing their dreams.

So first things first:

- I started with zero coding knowledge in January of this year. I didn't know how to host a website, I didn't know what HTML or CSS was, I made a tonne of really basic mistakes and figured it all out by myself. I didn't take any expensive courses, had no mentors and probably only spent a few hundred dollars getting set up.

It took me a while to refine my niche but what I now focus on is building simple yet powerful websites that get huge results. No crazy interactive code, no fancy graphics, just simple, clean, professional websites that add huge value to the clients who hire me.

- built a website that landed a $1 million pus contract for the guys who hired me (they hadn't worked in over 8 months - oil company)
- built a website that helped get a pro athlete into a world tournament and increased pay from his sponsors (social media profile increase)

While I made good money on these websites its nice to know that the value I added is many times more and all my clients have been very satisfied.

I am still in the early stages of figuring this all out though so as this thread goes along I will still update with what I am learning and what has changed. Right now my problem is scaling, I need more top sales people on the ground selling websites for me. I will come back to this in another post maybe.

So how to begin:

So todays lesson is on how to get started at the very start. You know nothing and you want to get in on this action too. Some quick notes - I build "custom" HTML websites 99% of the time, I don't use wordpress except in some rare cases for add on blog/news sections to my sites. Why? Most of my clients are very busy, non tech people. They don't want or have time to update their websites. They want it built well and they want it to run itself. HTML is a lot better for this and when done right looks way more professional.

How to begin with HTML:

After this you will now know how to edit and work with HTML themes. What does that mean?

Well there is no point creating a website from scratch. That takes years of coding experience and a lot of time for each new clients. Luckily enough people have gone and created HTML themes - its an already coded website where you just rearrange, switch out the pictures and text and add in a few extra bits (I will show how to do all of this at a later stage).

It just a blank slate with a certain style that you work with. While this may seem like strange or cheating (I thought this was how to learn to build websites!??) its not. Anyone with an internet can create a website these days so that is not where we will be adding value. We add value by building a website with a purpose. We want to build websites that get results and make money, or whatever they are trying to achieve, for the owner.

Good question.

As @Andy Black would say you want sales not a website. I am going to meet him half way with you want to build a website that gets sales. Not a website that looks amazing, has cool videos and sections, talks about the companies recent gold tournament or how they really wanted to do X since they were 5. Now it might do one or all of these things but only IF it helps gets sales.

Every page, link, click and action on the website is to help facilitate the growth of the company and sales.

Is it to teach you about what to do when you first arrive, what to pack, what to expect?

No.

The whole purpose of that website is for the user to either book a consultation or contact them regarding their services. Which both lead to that person hiring them as their immigration lawyer.

Now it might use some of the above to help with that goal but it only has one main purpose. Everything we do for that client must help with that goal or if it doesn't help... be removed.

You are going to learn to take the value of threads of here regarding copywriting, sales and the Fastlane Mindset and apply it other peoples businesses to help them achieve massive results. This just happens to take the form of a website. You are really selling sales and results.

If you have read all this and want to start follow the above links, compete them fully and then follow along with the next stages. There will be a lot to cover but I will outline everything you need to know to be making over $10,000 a month with 6 months*.

*Assumes actual work ethic, being able to do some learning by yourself and filling in the gaps. I will give advice but I won't be holding anyones hand step-by-step.

Thank you Fox
I read your book last weekend. It is great. I learned that I can actually already design a website. The need to focus solving a business problem before Web design and beauty is practical. A website should solve a business problem. It is tool for businesses. I loved it. I will apply it. Thanks for making the book free. Hopefully, some few months later I can join Fox Web School.

Question:
What do you think about CS50? I attended a few lectures.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Thank you Fox
I read your book last weekend. It is great. I learned that I can actually already design a website. The need to focus solving a business problem before Web design and beauty is practical. A website should solve a business problem. It is tool for businesses. I loved it. I will apply it. Thanks for making the book free. Hopefully, some few months later I can join Fox Web School.

Question:
What do you think about CS50? I attended a few lectures.

Hey, and thanks.

You are referring to this?

I never heard of it till now.

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
Hi, I'm 20 years old and I live in Nicaragua, the poorest country in the region. I recently read the FastLane, and it completely changed my perspective on business and gave me agency to change my own future within my country. So, I noticed that there are barely any software companies operating in Nicaragua, and none of those serve small businesses, so I decided to start my own web design & development company that focuses on helping the 155,000 small companies in existence right now (according to a 2020 census made by Nicaragua's National Bank), and I was wondering if doing web development would make me transgress the Time commandment from FastLane, and if so, should I start by only doing web design, or should I offer more? My current tech stack is HTML, CSS, Javascript, React, MongoDB, Git and I'm currently learning Data Structures, I'm really interested in programming and learning more programming languages as I think it has the potential to be endlessly productive.
Hey,
You way through. Great to see how much you already have. I think you can begin using those skills.

ADR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jul 23, 2016
Miami, FL
Wow brilliant thread @Fox. Love the insights !

May I ask, what made you want to choose web development over parallel services such as digital marketing, copywriting, PPC, etc....?

Cos right now, I feel I'm at a crossroads. I've done Copywriting, SEO, Content Writing, WordPress Site Design successfully with a whole range of clients. I've really enjoyed solving problems, finding solutions and delivering results to the client. I've earned just a couple of hundred dollars max, for a site re-design and I've done bit of copywriting at ~ $30/hr for a couple of weeks.

I've had happy clients doing all that work, but pretty much all haven't continued working with me. They kinda just came and went, in-spite of over delivering. In retrospect...I was really used by a few of them, did so much extra work but never billed them for it. Anyhow, come to think about. They probably couldn't see the value anymore. They were either small businesses or startups.

So I'm left with one client. Fairly successful, but very busy entrepreneur. Sent him an email requesting some information today morning and that's it. Spent the rest of the day thinking about what I was going to do next.

I'm planning on reaching out to some motorsports/automotive businesses (surprise surprise) to improve their website, copy or search engine rankings. It's an industry I really love and follow closely.

How would you best determine what service to start offering? And how should I approach these business? Just contact them upfront or spend some time creating a good website to display my work ? Now that I have some projects under my belt.
After the project is complete, one route you can take is lead generation. Who will say no to more sales? I would check out @Andy Black 's content if you need to learn how to do this.

CigarMan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Mar 24, 2013
I want to give this a try. This topic is a few years old. Is the information still valid enough?

I can start reading the thread but I was wondering if there is a book or course that might be a better way start.

What do you folks say?

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

sujit

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Dec 8, 2022
India
Thank you! this is the first Gold Thread I've read on this forum and it is so helpful and totally BS-free, Just Like The Book Unscripted . Loved the Detailed explanation and thanks again for this valuable information. I started Digital Marketing Agency with my long-time friends but we were focused on clients locally. Now I'll reach out to people all over the world. thank you again

CigarMan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Mar 24, 2013
I did some reading and watched some videos and I am skeptical.

With minimal coding and design skills how do you sell a website for 10k?

How do you code a website to solve problems of a real businesses? This is a major coding task.

Do you hire freelancer to do all the work?

A pretty website is worth a few hundred bucks. What let's you sell that site for 10 or 20k?

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I did some reading and watched some videos and I am skeptical.

Literally thousands of web design businesses out there charging 10-500k for websites.

Many of them not that technical or complicated.
With minimal coding and design skills how do you sell a website for 10k?

How do you code a website to solve problems of a real businesses? This is a major coding task.

Do you hire freelancer to do all the work?

For sure some people need lots of technical help and have complicated coding problems - avoid those.

But there are a lot of people who it isn't about the technical side of things.

Is not getting the right customers a technical problem that needs advanced code?
No. It's a messaging problem.

Is not showing why people can actually trust your business a technical problem?
No. It's knowing how to build trust and authority.

How to make this work (non technically) is to focus on the other valuable problems you can solve (there are many) and on the clients who don't need advanced coding solutions (also many of those too).

A pretty website is worth a few hundred bucks. What let's you sell that site for 10 or 20k?

Businesses aren't looking for pretty websites, they want pretty bank accounts.

CigarMan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Mar 24, 2013
Literally thousands of web design businesses out there charging 10-500k for websites.

For sure some people need lots of technical help and have complicated coding problems - avoid those.

Is not getting the right customers a technical problem that needs advanced code?

How to make this work (non technically) is to focus on the other valuable problems you can solve (there are many) and on the clients who don't need advanced coding solutions (also many of those too).

How will they have a pretty bank accounts when you are charging 7k to update a 6 page websites?

View: https://youtu.be/jvYOrMi3E-A

Sure you can get a tiny segment of people to pay that amount, hell I can convince a small percentage to people I am a Nigerian prince and I want to give them a million bucks.

You are not solving any complex technical problems, so how are you creating 10x the value of a 700 dollar websites. I don't see it and you never explained it in the call.

As a business owner in the past. I can tell you I wanted a beautiful, professional website that made me money and saved me time... What businesses owner doesn't? This is what all web designers promise. So how is what you do worth 10 or 100x more than the other guy? And more importantly how do you communicate that to the customer?

After 4 or 5 house of reading and watching your videos I am no closer to answer the above question.

What I read so far seems heavy buzz words and light on substance. I am not trying to give you a hard time. I could be wrong but I am communicating honestly.

Serenty

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 21, 2022

So first things first:

So how to begin:

How to begin with HTML:

Good question.

No.

Awesome guide, making money through internet is surely something i should look into, thank you very much for this sir

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Sure you can get a tiny segment of people to pay that amount, hell I can convince a small percentage to people I am a Nigerian prince and I want to give them a million bucks.

You are not solving any complex technical problems, so how are you creating 10x the value of a 700 dollar websites. I don't see it and you never explained it in the call.

As a business owner in the past. I can tell you I wanted a beautiful, professional website that made me money and saved me time... What businesses owner doesn't? This is what all web designers promise. So how is what you do worth 10 or 100x more than the other guy? And more importantly how do you communicate that to the customer?

After 4 or 5 house of reading and watching your videos I am no closer to answer the above question.

What I read so far seems heavy buzz words and light on substance. I am not trying to give you a hard time. I could be wrong but I am communicating honestly.

Instead of me telling you, why don't we do it this way - you answer the questions below and let's see where it goes.

---

What is the point of a beautiful website?

Do you also want a beautiful printer in your office and a beautiful wifi router?

What is the actual value of the website itself looking nice?

Why not just have it say your business name in big writing, then a few sentences about what you do, and finally a phone number or email to contact you?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.