The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to find b2b clients and get them to buy?

Practic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 29, 2022
I got a service for businesses. The service is a combination of two different services that both have demand (cyber security + data privacy related), but AFAIK nobody else is offering them as a package.

Now, I don't know for sure that there is a demand for this service package. I also don't know exactly which businesses have the need for it. Finally I am not sure how I would go around convincing them to buy even if I identified them.

Earlier when I was selling only one of the services (guaranteed demand) I took the cold calling route, targeting the C suite execs. It was a wreck. I did it for 2 months and was able to book ~20 sales calls in total but was not able to get anyone to buy from me. It was always some other provider they bought, the timing was not right, or just simply got ghosted. This was not economical at all as it consumed all my time and really hurt my motivation. I was never able to find out what was wrong with my service (I guess it was my crappy amateurish website and failure to productize the service better). The service though was relatively expensive, $3000+.

Now back to the service package, how do you recommend to go about identifying the demand for it, who are the most promising clients and then selling to them? Are there any shortcuts to this, such as hiring a marketing firm to productize my service real nicely, build me a convincing website, identify clients for me and maybe even doing the selling? I really don't want to do cold calling anymore. My dream would be to get leads from my website who would be dying to buy from me :)

"I don't know for sure that there is a demand for this service package.'

Test is there is demand for your products/services. Go to sites like producthunt.com g2.com and list your product.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Check the Google Keyword Planner for search volumes.

Check for other products and services people might buy that indicates they have the problem(s) you could solve.

I suspect narrowing it down to providing both services might limit you. Maybe approach it from a viewpoint of "What do people want to buy that I can help them with?"

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Practic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 29, 2022
Thanks for the tip! I wonder if these sites work for services that are focused on non-english market.
This sites focused on software as a service (SAAS) for English and non English markets..

Jérémy de HelpIn

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jan 17, 2023
You can use a combination of cold outreach on Linkedin and Search Engine Optimisation. I'm in B2B services myself and that is what I use.

You can get a free Semrush account to start and look for keywords about your service (purchase intent etc.) to see what your customers think and type in search engines and create blog articles on your website. Overtime (long strategy) you'll get visibility on Google and leads reaching out to you.

In the meantime reach out on Linkedin with highly personalised messages to get sales meetings fast. ;)

Jérémy de HelpIn

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jan 17, 2023
Thanks for the tips! What is the average sale value of the services you offer businesses? Do they need to arrange budget for it separately each time? How long do you usually need to "chase" a lead before conversion?

Also could you see Google Ads as a shortcut before SEO efforts gain traction?

Semrush I shall give a try! Any obvious or non-obvious protips with it?
For Semrush, you have around 10 free searches per day. Use them well ;).

We do cold outreach 100% human for our clients on Linkedin (used to do it for myself as well but I paused it), the number of times you should contact a lead before they accept a meeting varies a lot. As it is B2B, it's very likely that a first ultra-personalised message will seed the idea and the second or third message will harvest it.

Google Ads, you could try, but it's very volatile. A competitor can go and click on your ad just to make you spend money. There's a reason why Linkedin doesn't like CPC for its ads and prefer CPM. Depending on your competition and your SEO provider, you can actually be surprised at how quick (or how long) it takes to reach page 1. It depends on your niche.

Creator

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Feb 25, 2023
I got a service for businesses. The service is a combination of two different services that both have demand (cyber security + data privacy related), but AFAIK nobody else is offering them as a package.

Now, I don't know for sure that there is a demand for this service package. I also don't know exactly which businesses have the need for it. Finally I am not sure how I would go around convincing them to buy even if I identified them.

Earlier when I was selling only one of the services (guaranteed demand) I took the cold calling route, targeting the C suite execs. It was a wreck. I did it for 2 months and was able to book ~20 sales calls in total but was not able to get anyone to buy from me. It was always some other provider they bought, the timing was not right, or just simply got ghosted. This was not economical at all as it consumed all my time and really hurt my motivation. I was never able to find out what was wrong with my service (I guess it was my crappy amateurish website and failure to productize the service better). The service though was relatively expensive, $3000+.

Now back to the service package, how do you recommend to go about identifying the demand for it, who are the most promising clients and then selling to them? Are there any shortcuts to this, such as hiring a marketing firm to productize my service real nicely, build me a convincing website, identify clients for me and maybe even doing the selling? I really don't want to do cold calling anymore. My dream would be to get leads from my website who would be dying to buy from me :)

Creator

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Feb 25, 2023
"I don't know for sure that there is a demand for this service package.'

Test is there is demand for your products/services. Go to sites like producthunt.com g2.com and list your product.
Thanks for the tip! I wonder if these sites work for services that are focused on non-english market.

Creator

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Feb 25, 2023
Check the Google Keyword Planner for search volumes.

Check for other products and services people might buy that indicates they have the problem(s) you could solve.

I suspect narrowing it down to providing both services might limit you. Maybe approach it from a viewpoint of "What do people want to buy that I can help them with?"
I feel that narrowing to both does limit me. I also agree that using what people want as a starting point is the way to go. I know that individually these services have demand, and there is at least some overlap in businesses who want both.They might not be used to buying them at the same time though.

It is just the identification of the ones that want both and approaching them at the correct time that is hard for me.

When I was offering only one of the services I did some Google ads with an amateurish landing page. I got zero conversions (contact for submissions) out of $500 ad spend. I guess my keywords were not optimal and the landing page could have used some polish.

What makes me like the idea of Google Ads is that optimally it could filter me the ones that have money already in hand looking for a provider for a service I produce.

Do you think Google Ads could be my main workhorse in getting leads in a short time? If so, can you recommend any resources that could help me? What are your thoughts on Semrush?

Creator

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Feb 25, 2023
You can use a combination of cold outreach on Linkedin and Search Engine Optimisation. I'm in B2B services myself and that is what I use.

You can get a free Semrush account to start and look for keywords about your service (purchase intent etc.) to see what your customers think and type in search engines and create blog articles on your website. Overtime (long strategy) you'll get visibility on Google and leads reaching out to you.

In the meantime reach out on Linkedin with highly personalised messages to get sales meetings fast. ;)
Thanks for the tips! What is the average sale value of the services you offer businesses? Do they need to arrange budget for it separately each time? How long do you usually need to "chase" a lead before conversion?

Also could you see Google Ads as a shortcut before SEO efforts gain traction?

Semrush I shall give a try! Any obvious or non-obvious protips with it?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.