The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to edit videos for free using Davinci Resolve

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
D

Deleted74925

Thanks for doing this!

I've been using OBS Studio + Resolve for about 5 months now for creating educational tutorials (screencasts).

One idea that I had was in helping employees make use of screen casts for tutorials. Let me explain: I work a tech-based company, and we are constantly using Zoom/Lync to screen share and ask/answer questions. But what happens when someone is offline? Send an email or wait until they're back.

Why isn't there an easy way to share screen casts with people that are recorded?

Just an idea.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks for doing this!

I've been using OBS Studio + Resolve for about 5 months now for creating educational tutorials (screencasts).

One idea that I had was in helping employees make use of screen casts for tutorials. Let me explain: I work a tech-based company, and we are constantly using Zoom/Lync to screen share and ask/answer questions. But what happens when someone is offline? Send an email or wait until they're back.

Why isn't there an easy way to share screen casts with people that are recorded?

Just an idea.
YouTube?

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Why is it unlisted? Make it public and let it rip.

I shared it unlisted as the class is behind a pay wall on another platform with a bunch of my other content.

I didn't want to list on YouTube for everyone to see as students could feel cheated by me putting it up for free in one place and behind a pay wall in another.

I wanted to share it here though as I have got a fair bit of help from this community so just want to give back in anyway I can.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
I shared it unlisted as the class is behind a pay wall on another platform with a bunch of my other content.

I didn't want to list on YouTube for everyone to see as students could feel cheated by me putting it up for free in one place and behind a pay wall in another.

I wanted to share it here though as I have got a fair bit of help from this community so just want to give back in anyway I can.

FWIW, I shared a bit of my Udemy course as a YouTube promo (maybe 20 - 30 minutes out of a 5.5 hour class) and nobody complained.

I also do very very similar stuff on the channel (with less exposition and lower production quality), nobody has complained about that either.

I think this is because those that find me on Udemy don't really migrate to my YT channel, and those that purchase through my YT channel do so because they want to support me.

If you want to consolidate your effort, you can repurpose at least some of that content for use on YouTube. It cuts down on the burden of having to produce so much stuff.

D

Deleted74925

My organization is very strict with security. Youtube, Vimeo, or any other platform would probably work, but the IT systems are not set up and IT managers are scared of giving people open access. What if a person accidently made a video public that exposed a security vulnerability?

The problem is that people don't know how easily it is to use screencasts. I didn't until a few months ago. It's a tool that is underutilized, in my opinion.

The challenge would be to get the software past IT, red tape, and into people's hands.

A real example:

For work, I need to copy files from one folder, move it to another, upload it to SQL, run a query, save the results of that query, and then repeat this process three times.

If I'm sending an email, it takes me 10+ minutes to type everything up. If I just record this, it can take minutes.

There's also new AI-based tech that converts video data to text/other types of data. The simplest example is machine translation/auto subtitles. What an "auto-file-indexer" which would take a screen cast from someone moving files around on Windows and translate it into text that could be pasted into an email?

Or keyboard/mouse recording combined with video, so people can record their screen and also what inputs the person is using on their computer.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Thanks for doing this!

Just an idea.

Surprised there isn't a way to share screen-casts with people that way.

It's a good idea if thats something that isn't currently available.

Something you could create, even if it is in existence there is surely value skewing opportunities.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
To host videos privately:

I host some videos privately on Vimeo.

A lot of videos are on Loom itself (but then they’re unedited).

Wistia is maybe an option too?

Have a look at Thinkific, Teachable, Kajabi, Moodle, etc. They’re for hosting videos that only people with a username and password have access to, and you can create courses, modules etc.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
To host videos privately:

I host some videos privately on Vimeo.

A lot of videos are on Loom itself (but then they’re unedited).

Wistia is maybe an option too?

Have a look at Thinkific, Teachable, Kajabi, Moodle, etc. They’re for hosting videos that only people with a username and password have access to, and you can create courses, modules etc.

I will take a look at vimeo and wistia for sure.

Are the videos done at 1080p and can i see if the people i send it to actually watch it like loom?

I sent a few videos to some prospects the last couple of days.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I will take a look at vimeo and wistia for sure.

Are the videos done at 1080p and can i see if the people i send it to actually watch it like loom?

I sent a few videos to some prospects the last couple of days.
The videos are probably 1080p. I haven’t used Vimeo in ages and will likely cancel since I can use Thinkific and Loom for free.

Bobby_italy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jan 19, 2016
Been using it since quite some time, I've been debating wheter to switch to the premium version but I see little benefit.

A friend of mine has 1 million subs on yt in a gaming niche and all he uses is resolve, he also makes very little money nowadays so he isn't interested in anything better.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
sending a video to a restaurant at the moment.

He said: You've already made it?

Me:

Yeh i thought i could help you out. I noticed you where having to delivery only now, so thought i could help you promote that.

Oh awesome send it here!

He said he will give me a shout out.

And just like that you can be in business guys.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
sending a video to a restaurant at the moment.

He said: You've already made it?

Me:

Yeh i thought i could help you out. I noticed you where having to delivery only now, so thought i could help you promote that.

Oh awesome send it here!

He said he will give me a shout out.

And just like that you can be in business guys.
Brilliant.

Don't ask for permission to help someone. JFDI.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.