The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

How to add signature

MichaelCash

Contributor
Apr 7, 2013
New York
Most likely f it was already answered, but it can find only really old posts on this.... Is there any way to add a signature? Do I need to upgrade my membership to use a signature?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Nick M.

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 13, 2018
I believe broswoodwork is right.

The requirements are under "Promote Your Business"

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
OP
OP
MichaelCash

MichaelCash

Contributor
Apr 7, 2013
New York
I see. Thanks for the clarification. So I need to be an INSIDER or have more than 100 quality posts. Are there people with signatures? For some reasons, I don't see any posts with signatures (except for MJ DeMarco) . That's why I asked.

Nick M.

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 13, 2018
I see. Thanks for the clarification. So I need to be an INSIDER or have more than 100 quality posts. Are there people with signatures? For some reasons, I don't see any posts with signatures (except for MJ DeMarco) . That's why I asked.
I believe it's an "or", you either need more than 100 posts or be an Insider. You don't need both.

And there are many people here with signatures. Here's a thread with many users that have signatures, including the first post.

Not everyone chooses to use a signature. If they don't have a use for a signature, why spend the time to make one? Though many others do find value in using a signature. Here are some ways I've seen users using their signature:
  • Linking to their progress thread
  • Linking to their Gold and Notable threads
  • Linking to their Marketplace ad
  • Sharing one of their favorite quotes
  • Advertising their business

broswoodwork

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 16, 2015
I believe it's an "or", you either need more than 100 posts or be an Insider. You don't need both.

And there are many people here with signatures. Here's a thread with many users that have signatures, including the first post.

Not everyone chooses to use a signature. If they don't have a use for a signature, why spend the time to make one? Though many others do find value in using a signature. Here are some ways I've seen users using their signature:
  • Linking to their progress thread
  • Linking to their Gold and Notable threads
  • Linking to their Marketplace ad
  • Sharing one of their favorite quotes
  • Advertising their business
I agree with your nice post!
:smile:

Genius01

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 18, 2017
Nigeria
I guess it might be that if you have a signature, then you see other people's signatures.
If you don't have a signature, you won't see that of others.

Cos I can't see anyone's signature, even in that thread that was linked to above, and I assume it's because I don't have a signature.
Might be wrong though.

Strategery

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 25, 2019
I guess it might be that if you have a signature, then you see other people's signatures.

Cos I can't see anyone's signature, even in that thread that was linked to above, and I assume it's because I don't have a signature.
Might be wrong though.
Turn your phone sideways

Primeperiwinkle

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Nov 30, 2018
Turn your phone sideways
MIND BLOWN. Wtf!!!!! I had no clue.

Thanks dude!

ETA: I HAVE A SIGNATURE??? When the heck did I put that in there????????? Hahahahaaaaa

I feel like a moron.. wow.

#2 ETA: Im so mad at me for not asking what I really felt was a stupid question because now I’m seeing everybody’s cool stuff and I feel so stupid. :(

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Last edited:

Andy Black

Any colour, as long as it's red.
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Might be wrong though.
If you’re on a phone, turn it sideways.

Andy Black

Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I use my signature so that, when I’m on my phone, I can easily point people to links instead of trying to find the article and link to it.

I can say: “Listen to the first radio interview in my signature”, or “Check out the Inbound/Sales thread in my signature”.

This is a timesaver for me. It also means that whatever’s in my signature is stuff I either link to a lot (useful for me to know), or my own threads that I want to find easily.

OP
OP
MichaelCash

MichaelCash

Contributor
Apr 7, 2013
New York
Thanks for the answers! This is very helpful.
Just want to understand the rules better. Most of the signatures that I have seen don't have links to external websites, so I assume, a signature can only have a link to thefastlaneforum's treads, correct?

Andy Black

Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thanks for the answers! This is very helpful.
Just want to understand the rules better. Most of the signatures that I have seen don't have links to external websites, so I assume, a signature can only have a link to thefastlaneforum's treads, correct?
I believe after 100 posts you can link out.

Think of it this way: why link out till you’ve added value anyway? No-one will click unless they think it will be worth their time.

Here’s a game you can play, or at least think about:
  • Don’t link out.
  • Don’t tell people what you do.
  • Do help people.
  • Do be seen helping people.
  • See if people start tagging you in other threads.
  • See if people start asking for links to your services or products.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Sponsored Offers

Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
-- HALLOWEEN SPECIAL STARTS TODAY! Get any of my courses at Udemy's current best price through Friday! Use code: HALLOWEEN Use any of the links...
Top Bottom