The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to add the "Fastlane App" to Your Smartphone

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Bump.

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
@MJ DeMarco Have you considered having someone make a simple "website-to-app" app?

These are native iOS and android apps that primarily just display your mobile site. With the added advantage of adding some extras. You also get to send push notifications.
Usually, they can be published on the App Store and Google Play with almost the same code. So no need to create two totally different ones.

This might increase eyeballs and discoverability of this site, just by being on the app markets.

I know cost isn't your problem, but since they're not very technically tasking to create, there are a ton of people on fiverr making them for $20, and even less. Few days turnaround, and not having to worry about the headaches of creating an app from scratch. Something to consider.

I had one made for one of my high traffic websites, and it works great.

One caveat:
- Since Google doesn't want Adsense and Admob ads displaying simultaneously, the creator will need to implement a code to hide Adsense ads from being displayed in the app. That way Admob can be used natively.
Or skip Admob and not have to worry about hiding Adsense ads.

Hadrian

QUEST MASTER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
Aloha Xavier,

Would you mind or are you able to show us any examples? I know web based apps run a little slower than native code but can still be great.

Kind Regards,

Adrian

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I know cost isn't your problem, but since they're not very technically tasking to create, there are a ton of people on fiverr making them for $20, and even less.

Are you suggesting that a mobile app for this forum, one that is unique to this website, could be made for twenty bucks? I highly doubt it.

If that was so, one would already exist and be native to the platform itself. Xenforo users have been complaining for a mobile solution for over a decade. I doubt the answer is as simple as FiveRR.

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
Are you suggesting that a mobile app for this forum, one that is unique to this website, could be made for twenty bucks? I highly doubt it.

If that was so, one would already exist and be native to the platform itself. Xenforo users have been complaining for a mobile solution for over a decade. I doubt the answer is as simple as FiveRR.

Yes, I'm saying is a native mobile app which delivers the mobile version of your website could be made for as little as $10. You get the APK, app bundle files and everything you need to publish it on the App Store or Play Store.

Let me expatiate. The app you get is a native app (android or iOS), which at its core is a Web View.
This means, the app presents its content in nearly the same manner a mobile browser would present the mobile version of a website. With some added features.

The only relevant thing is how mobile friendly the site's mobile version already is. If you look at TFF's mobile rendering and say "this would be decent as an app interface," then it's viable.

One advantage of this approach is since it's not coded from scratch with its own database and such, it is very low maintenance. It's essentially an extension of your site in app form, and accessible on the app markets.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria

Hadrian

QUEST MASTER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
I use this every day. The web version is fine! I can’t see a reason to make a formal app personally... and I’m an indie app guy!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.