The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How should I spend my summer?

x9vjzs098u123rnl

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jun 23, 2009
USA
Hey everybody, looking for some advice...

My mom is really on me about finding programs/camps to do over the summer, and i think it would be cool to switch it up on her and do some more serious business stuff.

...but I'm drawing a blank...

Does anybody know of any good (not TOO expensive) seminars or programs or anything like that over the summer? Especially for internet marketing, that's my main field.

Thanks for any tips/suggestions/advice! :yourock:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
My mom is really on me about finding programs/camps to do over the summer, and i think it would be cool to switch it up on her and do some more serious business stuff.

I've read over your posts- you can come intern for me for the summer if you'd like.

ZDS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 2, 2008
That is an amazingly generous offer from Snowbank. He's a really smart guy, you'd learn a lot. Plus, Austin is a great area for when you're not working.

Smooth

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Mar 20, 2010
An internship is your best option -- be sure it is something you can quantify on your resume. Looks like you are in the Princeton area. It will be hard to get a legitimate internship since you will be competing with Princeton and Rutgers students, but if you contact places you are interested in and explain your situation to them and why you think you can add value to their operations // or would love to learn about how they operate, I'm sure you can find something.

Cat Man Du

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 30, 2007
I've read over your posts- you can come intern for me for the summer if you'd like.

DAMN................................You guys just amaze me.........SPEED TO YA ...SNO :notworthy:

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
I realize (from working w/other fastlaners in high school) that moms/dads might be a bit apprehensive about sending their kids out into the world (a hard thing for any parent).

Is that a concern/condition for you, jazzfreak?

If so, there may be structured internships at big companies-- but they will be highly sought after, esp on the East Coast.

Bill (snowbank) has indeed made you an incredible offer. Having been in Austin (and attended a meeting of AIMEN-- the Austin Internet Marketing Entrepreneurial Network), I can tell you that not only would you be working w/a great guy, but you'd be in a fantastic place to network and meet other 'net marketers.

Plus, I know that Mr. Bill likes to travel a bit for business. Perhaps he'd let you come along, if you could afford the travel expenses.

If staying on the East Coast is a better option for you, let me know. Actually, let us know what you think your parents would be happy with/let you do. That's a good place to start.

And rep speed to you, Bill. That is indeed a generous offer. I would jump on it if it were me (but I'm sure my parents would have had the same concerns, back then!). :)

-Russ H.

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA
if you don't know what to do, then it's because you most likely don't know how!

spend your summer, learning how! develop skills!

if you know how to do things, it's easier to find something to do.

x9vjzs098u123rnl

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jun 23, 2009
USA
snowbank and I are going to have a phone conversation sometime soon. Seems like everybody here is a fan of him! I didn't know, I haven't seen him here before (I'm still new here).

Let you know how that goes. Thanks for all the advice so far everybody!

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA

randallg99

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 9, 2007
NJ

hey don't know if this was an april fool's joke but that's either very brave or very crazy. good luck to both you and JazzFreak.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.