The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why should I spend my time learning programming when I can hire someone who can do it better than me?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane
G

Guest84834

I don't know. Everywhere I go i hear people learning programming and things like that. Is it really necessary when i can find people who have more knowledge and creativity. Shouln't I spend my time learning something more valuable. People are learning programming everywhere so there must be huge competition. Should I even bother if I have no problem to solve in front of me, and even if I had, I can just have other people to do it for me?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Mar 8, 2018
England
I'm surprised everywhere you go you hear people are learning programming.

I doubt even 1% of people in the UK have learned programming.

Obviously if you wanted to have an IT company you would probably know some or if you wanted to be a programmer but otherwise why bother?

If you wanted to be a taxi driver you would not bother building your own car would you?

Dan

juresesko

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Apr 10, 2020
Slovenia
I don't know. Everywhere I go i hear people learning programming and things like that. Is it really necessary when i can find people who have more knowledge and creativity. Shouln't I spend my time learning something more valuable. People are learning programming everywhere so there must be huge competition. Should I even bother if I have no problem to solve in front of me, and even if I had, I can just have other people to do it for me?
Hey I was thinking the same. It is just your head talking. There is a lot of ways you can become successful. Be creative, solve problems, search for quality and if you can't solve them yourself find people and encourage them to help you.

At the START you don't even need that much understanding of the niche you want to work in, just go where the mind takes you and you will start to learn while searching for a specific answer.

I made a similar thread Check it out :)

I don't like coding but I never said that I wouldn't like to run a software company down the road

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Same reason why you cant be tone deaf if you want to be a music producer.
... why you cant run a restaurant if you dont know anything about cooking.
You need to know at least some things in the niche you are trying to succeed.

Domain experience is important.
Without it, you take what is already difficult(business) and make it 10 times harder, 99% chance to fail.

G

Guest84834

I'm surprised everywhere you go you hear people are learning programming.

I doubt even 1% of people in the UK have learned programming.

Obviously if you wanted to have an IT company you would probably know some or if you wanted to be a programmer but otherwise why bother?

If you wanted to be a taxi driver you would not bother building your own car would you?

Dan
There must be three ways I can earn income from programming skills:
1) Working as a freelancer
2) JOB
3)Creating an app or website for your own business.

1 and 2 are definite NO because it is limited by time and it's the Slow lane.
For 3. I need to have a plan execute and can I hire people for me. Which not only saves my time,
I can learn other things that I am interested in. What I'm trying to say is that even if I were to learn to program, it would be on a problem-by-problem basis. Programming as a career is just part of the slowlane.

Last edited by a moderator:

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
There must be three ways I can earn income from programming skills:
1) Working as a freelancer
2) JOB
3)Creating an app or website for your own business.

1 and 2 are definite NO because it is limited by time and it's the Slow lane.
For 3. I need to have a plan execute and can I hire people for me. Which not only saves my time,
I can learn other things that I am interested in. What I'm trying to say is that even if I were to learn to program, it would be on a problem-by-problem basis. Programming as a career is just part of the slowlane.
Since you are not a programmer, how would you know?

G

Guest84834

You don't. You just have to know enough to know if they're doing a good job.
I just felt that. I was browsing looking for freelance services and I realized I didn't even how it even works. Thanks

rhodes

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 5, 2021
Is it really necessary when i can find people who have more knowledge and creativity.
What I can say is that there is a desperate need for good and experienced programmers in Germany. Digitization has only just begun. So the industry will continue to offer good opportunities for a lucrative job in the future. But the important question first is what you want. If you "only" want to do an online business, e.g. on the topic of clothing , then the time is perhaps better invested in this area than in programming.

nutleydotie

eCommerce Development Consultant - www.snazzy.ie
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Nov 13, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
I'm around 20 years in the industry, and this is my point of view of how I run things...

I outsource anything that's beyond my capabilities, it's faster and more reliable.

However, I'm skilled enough to read/understand the code and make quick changes. This is the key for me, rather than back and forth between client, manager and dev team, it's important to be able to make changes yourself.

I took a back seat from coding a long time ago, my skills were not the strongest. Over the summer a dev let me down with a custom Shopify App for a client. I jumped in the deep end and learned over the weekend.

Getting back into it has helped me greatly understand how to tackle problems from a programming perspective, and how I can deliver a solution to clients.

Can you wing it by not knowing? Sure, but it's a huge advantage to understand what's going on.

If you've any free time, try to create some side hustles that involve the need to program. Tackling a project is the easiest way to learn. Currently in the process of building my own Web App to schedule/ manage my work/life.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.