The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How much are/were you making at your slowlane job?

Tubs

Starting fresh
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Apr 5, 2019
VA
Age 21
Making $15/hr as a bank teller.
Nothing amazing but it pays the bills while I work on building my fastlane.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NursingTn

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 30, 2019
35-38 bucks an hour.

A job is a mean to an end for me.

I, for one, know how crappy it is to work on a business without a consistent source of income outside of the business.

I, for one, am thankful my two jobs are on a as needed basis in a highly demand medical area, so I usually do not lack work to get paid.

I, for one, am glad that being an entrepreneur is wholly dependent on making a positive impact on the world and all I need to do is put a price tag on it so I can get paid making a difference.

SmoothFranko

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jul 31, 2015
Australia
Im from australia so not sure how relvent this is, but im also 26 and make about $45/hr or 57k yearly

D

DeletedUser0287

I was making about 35 per hour at age 26 in the medical industry last year, I quit and never looked back.

What are you doing now? I’m in medical as well. Wish I could leave haha.

D

DeletedUser0287

35-38 bucks an hour.

A job is a mean to an end for me.

I, for one, know how crappy it is to work on a business without a consistent source of income outside of the business.

Same, just realized this. Recently got back in the job market. Had no choice.

I, for one, am thankful my two jobs are on a as needed basis in a highly demand medical area, so I usually do not lack work to get paid.

I am assuming you are a per diem nurse then.

I, for one, am glad that being an entrepreneur is wholly dependent on making a positive impact on the world and all I need to do is put a price tag on it so I can get paid making a difference.

:)

Valier

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1,021%
Apr 3, 2019
UK, London
Age 19

Working two jobs, one that pays £9.69 an hour. Another that pays £8.23 an hour. Working 7 days a week.

It ain't much, but it's honest work (;

On a more serious note, I aim on getting just one job that pays better than those two combined in January. And more importantly, I spend my free time working on building a fastlane business.

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
I was making about 35 per hour at age 26 in the medical industry last year, I quit and never looked back.

I'd have a hard time walking away from that "back in the day." 20 years ago I was busting my a$$ trying to get to $13.00 an hour. Never happened. That was just toooo much money. Keep the little people down! I tried to get on with IBM for $20 full time (was not full time, so I had no benefits, of course - but a lot of hope!), but they knew how to play people. They knew I had a family and would take whatever they gave me. And that's how that went - exactly. Screw em. I couldn't afford a decent car even - used to buy cheap ones and fix them up. You don't have to say it...

Stupid. Don't have to slap me or kick me down - I do it just fine all by myself.

I could make $40 an hour now doing easy work, but I'm burnt out. I'm an appraiser. But that job has been gutted so bad it's a one way street to a dead-end that will suck the life out of you. I know, because it has.

My Plan B (on the way to C, D, and E!) is to make $27K a month. It sounds impossible, but I know many people doing twice that. Real estate agent. 3 homes a month. Not impossible by any means. Competitive market though. I have 20+ years of experience, so I am not entering this as a newcomer by any means.

Stupid me. IBM could have had me for $20 an hour and I would have been king of the world! I set records in that biz (system administrator). Got awards up the wazoo. Thought that was the big time. Ha!

OW - slapped me again - just for good measure!

Fascinating thread. I hate when people won't discuss pay. It's no big thing, especially since we have Google... but to some - it's taboo. Screw them too...

Pink Sheep

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Apr 29, 2019
Im 25, currently making $27/hr in Norway.

Not great, typical lower middle class wage. Plenty enough to start my fastlane business and outsource a lot of the technical work.

arl

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 16, 2019
Currently making € 44k a year at 29. Not great by any means but I'm able to save most of my paycheck for my future fastlane endeavours

Abrodos

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Sep 25, 2019
Barcelona, Spain
I'm 30. At my school teacher job, I'm making about 13-15€/hour (fixed by the government).
With my art commissions, I've been trying for a couple years to set a 20€ hourly rate, even though I still get my fingers burned every now and then, due to budget miscalculations.
I'm now aiming to raise my sculptor hourly wage to 25 for my previous clients and to 80-100 for new ones. That needs a huge business shift.

I've been making a slow-lane small salary from it during the first half of the year,(about 1000 monthly from art commissions + 700 from teaching) but there has been no income from either of the jobs during summer, so the monthly average will go down from 1700 to about 1200 at the end of the year.

However, the summer no-income period was far from unproductive, as it was when I read Unscripted and started the CENTS venture.

Also, I was obsessing a lot over that income decrease, and it had an effect in my health (anxiety and recurring headaches), so I try to take it calmer now. If stuff takes a bit longer than expected, that's ok. If the CENTS business doesn't start yielding before Christmas and has to be postponed a few months because new challenges arise (I didn't even know about copywriting until a couple months ago), that's ok as well.
The important is that I'm woking towards the goals, and that there's a lot of actual progress going on.

Last edited:

Dark Knight

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
Mar 9, 2018
Warsaw
23 years old
24 PLN / hr = 6 USD / hr

I work in Poland and this is a little more than the average salary in Poland .. Earnings are 4 times less than in the US for the same work. I work in an insurance company.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I’m on track to make $120k this year as a pharmaceutical rep.

Job is mind numbing, the sales tracking/quotas are made up BS, but it pays the bills and gave me the idea for my current business. And it gives me a lot of free time to work on the business.

If anyone cares, $73k salary plus ~$50k commission.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
21, Contract Software Developer making $20/H. Note, I’m the only developer at this company of 35. As such, I do all the developing myself, get some assistance here and there when I have a question for friends. But otherwise solo developing, everything from making edits to our online storefront to working on in-house software.

I can’t believe I used to work 10-12 hour days everyday because “I believed in the mission statement” and I wanted equity at the time since it was much smaller back then. Thinking if I work longer hours and show more results I’d get a piece of the pie.

Nowadays the only time I work that long is if I have important projects and strict deadlines. As I do right now.

Nowadays, I see it only as a job and not me trying to get equity in the company. Definitely trying to get my own thing started.

Should be roughly $41,600 a year, plus or minus overtime.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
55k as of last week, property tax analyst. Started at 20k as a bank teller 5 years ago. Not bad, I'm proud of myself career-move wise, just changed jobs three times to get here and don't even have a degree (just got an associates which I finished this year). Now I've got tons of disposable income to save for my first property and start the new decade on track to my fastlane LIKE A BAWS ***Go ME 2020*** <3

Yoda

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
710%
Nov 12, 2015
Dagobah
At peak earning, I was pulling about $55/hr. if you're including benefits, etc.

I'm probably getting closer to 10x the hourly if I were to break down my business income to hourly, working about the same hours (though, I don't). No benefits, of course.

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
Im from australia so not sure how relvent this is, but im also 26 and make about $45/hr or 57k yearly

Do you do math?
What is a normal work week look like? then let us know how your math works.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
80-250/hr

Val Okafor

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Nov 14, 2015
San Diego, CA
Software Engineer - $140K base (not that much in California). Still, in the slow lane, have a self-imposed deadline to transition to the fast lane in 2020.

abinge05

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Mar 9, 2019
About $110K before quitting to go to business school. Would love that job now, quite frankly, because I had delegated so much work that I only had to do a couple of hours a day. Would have left tons of free time to work on my current business. But then again, I wouldn't have developed the entrepreneur itch if I stayed, so no regrets quitting.

BrunoRastablasta

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Sep 20, 2018
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I'm currently freelancing (content marketing writer in HR tech). I will make just a bit more than $10K this year-- which is twice as much as the average salary here.

But slowly transitioning to fastlane

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Apr 7, 2019
uk
Before I lost everything I was working two jobs 11h days 7.50 a hour 5 days a week.Life is not great but it gives me enough time untill the day I can find my path and say Fu*? YOU to the slow lane.

hellolin

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 27, 2015
70k a year, 33 years old, software dev, but went to school for information security. Currently trying to get my second cert and transition into a better paid job. The current gig obviously don't pay much for a software dev position, but I don't do much at work either, rarely writes a line of code every week, and just have random assignments from the CTO. It is very relaxing but it is getting a little too comfortable. I want to get into the cloud business and do something with it, but working with government as a customer, everything is much slower, and older. I miss working with the latest and greatest technologies out there.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
80-250/hr
I must correct myself. At the last pareto analyse I discovered 5 hrs/week, where its down to 40!

Ronin365

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Oct 15, 2017
Texas
Age 46

$75k a year working in IT.

Made several swings at the fastlane that have not gone fastlane as of yet. I struggle more with ideas and traction than planning and execution.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.