The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How I reclaimed 4 hours of my day by hacking social media.

Anything related to matters of the mind

andrewraenewton

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Feb 20, 2023
Kelowna, BC
Hey everyone,

I wanted to share a recent discovery I made that has completely changed my relationship with social media. I have found a way to delete Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube from my phone, but still run a successful business using Facebook Business Suite.

Using the Meta Business Suite app, I am able to engage with commenters on my posts and reels for Facebook and Instagram, and Messenger allows me to access DMs on both platforms. This means I can still interact with my audience and run my business, without the need for the actual social media apps.

As for YouTube, I found that I simply didn't need it on my phone. I use an app called App Block to block the app and domain from my browser on my phone. This means I don't get sucked into endless YouTube scrolling sessions anymore, and I'm able to focus on other things.

Before, I would spend anywhere from 2-8 hours daily on these social media platforms, but now I'm down to basically nothing. I still get all the benefits of posting content on social media, with none of the time-suck of being a consumer or reel-scrolling zombie.

I also use an app called Later to schedule all of my social media posts ahead of time.

One of the added benefits of this is that I'm actually posting more often than I was before because I'm thinking ahead about how I can fill out my month of social media posts. This has helped me to stay consistent with my posting schedule, which is important for maintaining a strong social media presence and engaging with my audience.

Lastly, I allow myself access to browser based social media use at one computer, at my office, which allows me to get online if I really needed to for whatever reason.

I highly recommend trying this out for yourself if you're looking to cut down on your social media usage and take control of your time. Let me know if you have any questions or if you've found any other helpful tips!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Well done, you're life will never be the same.

andrewraenewton

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Feb 20, 2023
Kelowna, BC
Update on this thread...

So far my screen time is down 20%-30% compared to previous week's. I have noticed that I'm spending more time on Google Chrome and other apps, so its not like my screen time has come down to zero.

I'm still gaining back 1-2 hours of my day EACH DAY. Compound that weekly, and it's equivalent to a full work day each week.

What would you do with an extra 46 work days every year?

Last edited:

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
I've cut down my facebook, instagram and twitter usage to 1 hour per week cumulatively.

I notice that whenever I have spare time, I quickly need to fill the vaccum with something postive. Or else, I get sucked into another time consuming activity.

Last week, I happened to watch an episode of a show with my sister, and ended up liking it so much that I pulled off 2 all nighters finishing that 16-18 hour show.

It's crazy how much we think we can control the mind. But give my mind a cue it can't resist, and I'm falling off a slippery slope again.

That being said, its over and now my new time consuming activity is reading fiction.

I think the real battle is redirecting that excess time and energy into something productive. I have done it, but not consistently.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Just start a YouTube agency. Then it's R&D.
I did my "R&D" on TikTok for a couple of weeks last year. Some of the content was super interesting. It was too distracting though and I felt "scatty". So no more TikTok on my phone.

Absar

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jan 9, 2023
Hey everyone,

I wanted to share a recent discovery I made that has completely changed my relationship with social media. I have found a way to delete Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube from my phone, but still run a successful business using Facebook Business Suite.

Using the Meta Business Suite app, I am able to engage with commenters on my posts and reels for Facebook and Instagram, and Messenger allows me to access DMs on both platforms. This means I can still interact with my audience and run my business, without the need for the actual social media apps.

As for YouTube, I found that I simply didn't need it on my phone. I use an app called App Block to block the app and domain from my browser on my phone. This means I don't get sucked into endless YouTube scrolling sessions anymore, and I'm able to focus on other things.

Before, I would spend anywhere from 2-8 hours daily on these social media platforms, but now I'm down to basically nothing. I still get all the benefits of posting content on social media, with none of the time-suck of being a consumer or reel-scrolling zombie.

I also use an app called Later to schedule all of my social media posts ahead of time.

One of the added benefits of this is that I'm actually posting more often than I was before because I'm thinking ahead about how I can fill out my month of social media posts. This has helped me to stay consistent with my posting schedule, which is important for maintaining a strong social media presence and engaging with my audience.

Lastly, I allow myself access to browser based social media use at one computer, at my office, which allows me to get online if I really needed to for whatever reason.

I highly recommend trying this out for yourself if you're looking to cut down on your social media usage and take control of your time. Let me know if you have any questions or if you've found any other helpful tips!
I've got 6 ads from instaram while being on this thread. They really want me to come back, not gonna happen.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
621%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
I’ve got an IPad mini. Social media apps go on there for posting to platforms. Deleting the apps from my phone entirely.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

uhhfeef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Nov 17, 2022
Used to be a heavy consumer of all types of social media and was an avid gamer too. About 16 hours of my day would just go in consuming some sort of mindless content. Funny story during peak lockdown time, my WiFi just stopped working and i literally couldn't do anything else besides work that i kept pushing off. Found out some ways to make the work fun and the past 3 years I look back and i feel really grateful for my ISP just being a bad service hahah

My point is i guess sometimes you just have to shut down your WiFi to get your brain working!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.