The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How has MJ ruined your life?

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
Hmmmmm,well, let me see if I can count the many ways MJ has "ruined" my life, because, oh yes, he has well "ruined" it to the point of my own happiness:

1. My mindset has twisted a great deal to the point that I no longer see the need to purchase useless things, but more so, the need to invest in assets over liabilities.

2. On such a note, for every thought in my head, whether it's an aspect of my business, a new invention by someone else, an investment, a business thought shared etc., I can now decipher it either as a. Productocracy or b. Consumercracy Blindness and use it to my advantage, whether in the form of self-education or just a simple observation.

3. In overcoming challenges of business, gaining proper perspective in what I'm doing and would like to get done in future, I am really overstanding the productocracy concept, loving it, but more so, continuously paying attention to the commandments in each decision of business to assure future positive growth, which I know is important in materialising the journey we are all striving for. I am paying A WHOLE LOT more attention to what value it can introduce by asking myself, how will this make someone else's life better? Will this be safe for customer's consumption? Am I ensuring my customer of product transparency? Etc. Etc. Etc.

4. ...because of the afore-mentioned in item 3., I'm also gaining additional future opportunities for businesses being birthed from what I'm doing and applying the same process of value-principles, the commandments and staying in alignment with productocracy, creating solutions for the masses.

5. The business model I'm following is more along traditional lines with food and beverage; however, I adore the opportunity to utilise technological methods alongside the traditional concept, and based on the principles of TMF & Unscripted , it can be successfully applied to both traditional and modern aspects of business and still guarantee success once all necessary actions are taken.

So, as you can see, MJ has pretty much "ruined" my life, he has "ruined" it to the point of an entire mindset change, he has "ruined" it to the point that I'm not only mapping out what would seem impossible to others, but I'm also taking the steps to put investments in place to see it through and make it a reality.

I have failed a great deal in my past, and I'm not mad at it, because I have learnt exceptionally valuable lessons, but, with the addition of TMF , Unscripted and the "ruin" that MJ brings everyday at the forum, along with the "ruin" that many of you beloved Fastlaners share, I can well say that I am so "ruined" that I just will be soon, within a timely manner of applying the processes, will be laughing all the way to the bank amidst my meaningful, empowering and contributing productocratic businesses.

Damn, am I "ruined!" Lol. Thank you for this opportunity though, I am grateful beyond immeasurable levels for this experience. I'm doing and thinking of the unthinkable, there's NOTHING better than that.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tanishatheangel

Bronze Contributor
Sep 22, 2017
life
Hmmmmm,well, let me see if I can count the many ways MJ has "ruined" my life, because, oh yes, he has well "ruined" it to the point of my own happiness:

1. My mindset has twisted a great deal to the point that I no longer see the need to purchase useless things, but more so, the need to invest in assets over liabilities.

2. On such a note, for every thought in my head, whether it's an aspect of my business, a new invention by someone else, an investment, a business thought shared etc., I can now decipher it either as a. Productocracy or b. Consumercracy Blindness and use it to my advantage, whether in the form of self-education or just a simple observation.

3. In overcoming challenges of business, gaining proper perspective in what I'm doing and would like to get done in future, I am really overstanding the productocracy concept, loving it, but more so, continuously paying attention to the commandments in each decision of business to assure future positive growth, which I know is important in materialising the journey we are all striving for. I am paying A WHOLE LOT more attention to what value it can introduce by asking myself, how will this make someone else's life better? Will this be safe for customer's consumption? Am I ensuring my customer of product transparency? Etc. Etc. Etc.

4. ...because of the afore-mentioned in item 3., I'm also gaining additional future opportunities for businesses being birthed from what I'm doing and applying the same process of value-principles, the commandments and staying in alignment with productocracy, creating solutions for the masses.

5. The business model I'm following is more along traditional lines with food and beverage; however, I adore the opportunity to utilise technological methods alongside the traditional concept, and based on the principles of TMF & Unscripted , it can be successfully applied to both traditional and modern aspects of business and still guarantee success once all necessary actions are taken.

So, as you can see, MJ has pretty much "ruined" my life, he has "ruined" it to the point of an entire mindset change, he has "ruined" it to the point that I'm not only mapping out what would seem impossible to others, but I'm also taking the steps to put investments in place to see it through and make it a reality.

I have failed a great deal in my past, and I'm not mad at it, because I have learnt exceptionally valuable lessons, but, with the addition of TMF , Unscripted and the "ruin" that MJ brings everyday at the forum, along with the "ruin" that many of you beloved Fastlaners share, I can well say that I am so "ruined" that I just will be soon, within a timely manner of applying the processes, will be laughing all the way to the bank amidst my meaningful, empowering and contributing productocratic businesses.

Damn, am I "ruined!" Lol. Thank you for this opportunity though, I am grateful beyond immeasurable levels for this experience. I'm doing and thinking of the unthinkable, there's NOTHING better than that.

thats exactly how mj "ruined" my life, its because all the time wasted on meaningless tasks is just not as appealing any longer

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
thats exactly how mj "ruined" my life, its because all the time wasted on meaningless tasks is just not as appealing any longer
...and that is really good, because in my case, I was just all over the place, but now, focus is a lot more important and more prevalent in my life, and this 'ruin' is one that no business school can ever teach, and for you, I can see it is helping you a great deal.

Tanishatheangel

Bronze Contributor
Sep 22, 2017
life
...and that is really good, because in my case, I was just all over the place, but now, focus is a lot more important and more prevalent in my life, and this 'ruin' is one that no business school can ever teach, and for you, I can see it is helping you a great deal.

apparently no one else can see it all i get is how worthless i am and how no one appreciates me

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
apparently no one else can see it all i get is how worthless i am and how no one appreciates me

LOL

welcome in my club of the misunderstood

but here is a secret

don't tell others....

you don't need people's approval

you just need structures, systems and intelligence's approval

because people's endorsements change everyday

this not the case for grounded assets like intelligence and structures

Tanishatheangel

Bronze Contributor
Sep 22, 2017
life
LOL

welcome in my club of the misunderstood

but here is a secret

don't tell others....

you don't need people's approval

you just need structures, systems and intelligence's approval

because people's endorsements change everyday

this not the case for grounded assets like intelligence and structures

it dont matter mj wants to ban me because other people just complain about everything

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Damn it. I missed the end of my own countdown.

thecocopod

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jan 17, 2018
Valparaiso, IN
My mom asked me what I was doing one evening a few years back. I said I was watching the Bulls game. She asked how much they were paying me to watch the game. I immediately turned it off.

What you're saying, without punctuation, is that you'd rather watch the Super Bowl than work towards your future. Not MJ's fault. That's your choice.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
Imagine sitting next to her in the office... My head would explode. Literally.

don't laugh.

i was employed for years in many jobs in insurance companies.

there are only women in these jobs. At least in France.

this was a nightmare.

imagine trying to focus on your PC screen while women arround you are talking and laughing out loud about absurb women things : sex; clothes, the next bad boy on TV

this is insane. that's why i have never been able to keep a job in these conditions

the bosses fired me before i shut the door

ajmassaro

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jan 30, 2018
New Haven, CT
well mj has pretty much ruined every area of my life, when my family is watching the superbowl i'm like that's 3 hours of your life that's wasted on people you will never know, when its the holiday season i'm watching all my friends and family max out their credit cards just so they can work the next year just to do it again, even when im at church (sorry God) we're just sitting their doing nothing, i know its spiritual and all but thats 2 hours we just sit and " i guess waste time???" i dont mean it offensively, when i'm at my grandmothers she and grandpa have worked saved and will never buy nothing nice not a single modern convience do they have, when peoples out black friday selling instead of seeing sales i see money taken out of my pocket to fund someone else's dreams, mj i'm sure there's other examples i could list, but you've totally wrecked my life and now i'm seeing all the wasted time that others are doing and saying " oh im just barely making it, WELL DUH IF YOU SIT THERE WATCHING THE SUPER BOWL you cant complain because that's your choice, why not be the one selling the tickets, sorry its just i think next month it comes up again and i'm seeing it from a new perspective i didnt have before

If you had used your example of the Super Bowl and view it as an opportunity, you could have sponsored a Super Bowl Square Contest and accepted donations in exchange for a square - you could have denounced that a percentage of those squares would be taken by the house (You) and regardless of the outcome of the game (which you stated you don't care about), you could have made a profit, while spending time with your family.

Process

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 19, 2017
Solving Pain
He deprived me of any shot at being a career victim. DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!!!???
  • Not starting life with a negative 80k net worth
  • Taking tangible steps to my own goals
  • Figuring out things myself
  • Being accountable to myself
  • AdDinG Value BEforE DemAnDing SomeThINg iN RETURN!!
EDIT: THAT MONSTER!

Last edited:

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
He deprived me of any shot at being a career victim. DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!!!???
  • Not starting life with a negative 80k net worth
  • Taking Tangible Steps To my own goals
  • Figuring out things myself
  • Being accountable to myself only
THAT MONSTER!

this is interesting from my european point of view

you american guys are very aware of money, power, success

you have the right to bear guns, criticize people on TV and so on

we can't do any of these things easily in France . we can't say what we want, we can't buy guns like we want. we are over protected by the matrix. we are destroyed by taxes when we launch businesses

and so on.

so how will you use your freedom ?

this is funny that a french guy like me is searching for the truth , while you the free guys don't care about destroying the BS in your american society

while you have the possibility

this is beyond my IQ and understanding

Process

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 19, 2017
Solving Pain

we can't do any of these things easily in France . we can't say what we want, we can't buy guns like we want. we are over protected by the matrix. we are destroyed by taxes when we launch businesses

and so on.

this is funny that a french guy like me is searching for the truth , while you the free guys don't care about destroying the BS in your american society

Good question. A kind that gets me going...

Actually I'm pretty involved in freedom and "truth spreading" things on the Internet. Defining the nature would probably make the staff mad, since it would go into politics and spirituality.

For now, I've been giving free branding and outreach help to people I think have a message to spread and are committed to pushing their cart. Also, I've helped them with their merchandising since it is atrocious.

Some of these efforts have had significant results, others have been learning experiences.

That is about 15% of my time, the rest is focused on my own venture and last few clients.

Why would I do this? Well, I don't see the reason to do anything but: 1. Reach for my highest potential. 2. Avoid entanglements from trampling others. 3. Trade value for value with people who understand how to reciprocate.

Death/Intimidation doesn't faze me like it used to. Living for a defined purpose has minimized the chance of regrets ever flashing before my eyes. The reality is they don't even approve of themselves, so why'd I want them to approve of me? Their approval is worth less than fiat.

OlivierMo

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Feb 12, 2018
Idaho

and so on.

Amen. France is a statist, collectivist country I had to run away from. No society is perfect but France felt like a prison when I was younger because of everything you say.

RobD88

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Nov 20, 2017
Missouri
I find it hard to believe that all of the people making negative comments or trying to "guide" Tanish to make changes in her life don't recognize the sarcasm/irony in the original post. This was not literal. It's a play on words where "changed" is being replaced by "ruined" to show that she looks at the world differently and doesn't enjoy the things she used to because she now realizes how fruitless they were.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Ha, interesting topic. I will say that sometimes ignorance is bliss but there's no going back once you see it for what it is.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I find it hard to believe that all of the people making negative comments or trying to "guide" Tanish to make changes in her life don't recognize the sarcasm/irony in the original post. This was not literal.

Not sure about that which is why she might have received that response.

Tanisha has been banned 4 times. With users knowing her history of posts (and bannings) there was a chance she was serious. Either way, I think people were voicing frustration with her starting threads about nothing, using the forum as a kinda of chat-box.

RobD88

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Nov 20, 2017
Missouri
Tanisha has been banned 4 times. With users knowing her history of posts (and bannings) there was a chance she was serious.

Ahhh...well that definitely changes the perspective.

I think I am sympathetic because I could see myself writing something similar in tongue-in-cheek. My perspective on life has dramatically changed. Things I once found enjoyable now do seem to be a waste of time and more impediments to my progress. "Ruining" my life would be such over the top sarcasm as I can honestly say you, and many of the members of this forum have forever dramatically improved my outlook on things and my attitude. I can't thank you enough.

Nijbee

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 6, 2018
UK
Well, if MJ hadn't written TFL and Unscripted , I wouldn't be about to quit 3 days in to a 'pay the bills job' because I'm wasting time that could be used to start making money for me and building a business that actually helps people.

Once you've seen the slowlane and what it does (or doesn't do), I suspect there is no (happy) way to turn back...

I just hope you know what you are responsible for! :)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Things I once found enjoyable now do seem to be a waste of time

Yikes, well I'm not sure I like that I'm taking enjoyment away from people.

Maybe I am ruining lives!? :jawdrop:

RobD88

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Nov 20, 2017
Missouri
Yikes, well I'm not sure I like that I'm taking enjoyment away from people.

Maybe I am ruining lives!? :jawdrop:

Not in the least! I think I've just found a more productive way to enjoy life.

TheCrow

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Mar 1, 2018
Colorado
well mj has pretty much ruined every area of my life, when my family is watching the superbowl i'm like that's 3 hours of your life that's wasted on people you will never know, when its the holiday season i'm watching all my friends and family max out their credit cards just so they can work the next year just to do it again, even when im at church (sorry God) we're just sitting their doing nothing, i know its spiritual and all but thats 2 hours we just sit and " i guess waste time???" i dont mean it offensively, when i'm at my grandmothers she and grandpa have worked saved and will never buy nothing nice not a single modern convience do they have, when peoples out black friday selling instead of seeing sales i see money taken out of my pocket to fund someone else's dreams, mj i'm sure there's other examples i could list, but you've totally wrecked my life and now i'm seeing all the wasted time that others are doing and saying " oh im just barely making it, WELL DUH IF YOU SIT THERE WATCHING THE SUPER BOWL you cant complain because that's your choice, why not be the one selling the tickets, sorry its just i think next month it comes up again and i'm seeing it from a new perspective i didnt have before
If MJ "ruins" my life this way, I will be grateful. There is so much of this I "saw" and felt was wrong but couldn't put my finger on it. MJ puts it right out there for me to put my finger on in his books. Thank you, MJ, for "ruining" my life. MY eyes have been open and now my mind recognizes what I was seeing. I am SOOOOOOOOO grateful!!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.