The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do we do this!?

Marketing, social media, advertising

RandomKid

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Nov 6, 2021
Me and my friend just made a service which has a target audience of people who are looking for ideas to startup. Our service is initially starting on Instagram where we are starting first for initial reach and then shift to website and app. But the thing is I don't actually know how to advertise and market it so that our service reaches to our "target audience". So I am looking for suggestions to execute this.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Welcome to the forum.

YouTube (as much as I don't care for them these days) is a much better starting point for this space than Instagram. Nobody turns to Instagram for startup ideas. That's why you're on this forum asking this question instead of asking it on Instagram. It wouldn't make sense to search for answers to startup questions or ideas on Instagram.

If your business idea is sharing startup ideas, then it is also worth asking yourself, why should anyone care about my startup ideas?

Do you have a proven history of success? Have you launched any successful businesses? These are questions others will want to know because there are 7 billion people on the planet who all think they have brilliant Shark Tank-worthy ideas.

RandomKid

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Nov 6, 2021
Welcome to the forum.

YouTube (as much as I don't care for them these days) is a much better starting point for this space than Instagram. Nobody turns to Instagram for startup ideas. That's why you're on this forum asking this question instead of asking it on Instagram. It wouldn't make sense to search for answers to startup questions or ideas on Instagram.

If your business idea is sharing startup ideas, then it is also worth asking yourself, why should anyone care about my startup ideas?

Do you have a proven history of success? Have you launched any successful businesses? These are questions others will want to know because there are 7 billion people on the planet who all think they have brilliant Shark Tank-worthy ideas.
Thanks for the welcome, actually we don't actually answer questions related to startup, we thought that the biggest obstacle while creating a start-up was finding ideas which in turn means finding problems that actually exists. So on insta people would dm their problems and people who want to startup can build a solutional product which solves the exact problem to a crowd. This solves the problem of consumers not finding the exact right product and entrepreneurial problem of not finding a problem to solve.

joshuajwittmer

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Nov 23, 2020
Maui, Hawaii
Thanks for the welcome, actually we don't actually answer questions related to startup, we thought that the biggest obstacle while creating a start-up was finding ideas which in turn means finding problems that actually exists. So on insta people would dm their problems and people who want to startup can build a solutional product which solves the exact problem to a crowd. This solves the problem of consumers not finding the exact right product and entrepreneurial problem of not finding a problem to solve.
Hi RandomKid,

First of all, let me say that I'm new here too. I don't have a track record in entrepreneurship. I'm more of a student in this forum than a teacher. But I think I might have some insight into your question.

I think the first target audience you would need to reach is the people who have problems that need solving. The question then becomes "are people turning to Instagram for solutions to their problems?" Or, "Can you get people to DM their problems to you on Insta?" Once you get a steady stream of potential clients who are searching for solutions, it should be pretty easy to find budding entrepreneurs who are searching for problems to solve. Also, when you do reach the aspiring entrepreneurs who are looking for problems to solve, you want to actually have something for them.

I guess I never asked...Do you have a steady stream of potential clients who are DMing questions to you on insta? If so, I would say cultivate that. That's your product. You might have to actually help people to find solutions to their problems one-by-one, in order to keep that steady stream flowing. In other words, if people are coming to you with their problems, you might have to seek out solutions for them on an individual basis. Once you start helping people to solve their problems, your stream of potential clients should theoretically grow. Then you have something to sell to aspiring entrepreneurs.

That's just my two cents as a fastlane padawan. Any Jedi masters out there have a take on my logic here?

Mahalo!

RandomKid

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Nov 6, 2021
Hi RandomKid,

First of all, let me say that I'm new here too. I don't have a track record in entrepreneurship. I'm more of a student in this forum than a teacher. But I think I might have some insight into your question.

I think the first target audience you would need to reach is the people who have problems that need solving. The question then becomes "are people turning to Instagram for solutions to their problems?" Or, "Can you get people to DM their problems to you on Insta?" Once you get a steady stream of potential clients who are searching for solutions, it should be pretty easy to find budding entrepreneurs who are searching for problems to solve. Also, when you do reach the aspiring entrepreneurs who are looking for problems to solve, you want to actually have something for them.

I guess I never asked...Do you have a steady stream of potential clients who are DMing questions to you on insta? If so, I would say cultivate that. That's your product. You might have to actually help people to find solutions to their problems one-by-one, in order to keep that steady stream flowing. In other words, if people are coming to you with their problems, you might have to seek out solutions for them on an individual basis. Once you start helping people to solve their problems, your stream of potential clients should theoretically grow. Then you have something to sell to aspiring entrepreneurs.

That's just my two cents as a fastlane padawan. Any Jedi masters out there have a take on my logic here?

Mahalo!
That's actually so right. The biggest obstacle for us is to get people dm us the problems just expecting that people would anyway dm their problems to get them solved is rubbish. We gotta target them first.

joshuajwittmer

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Nov 23, 2020
Maui, Hawaii
That's actually so right. The biggest obstacle for us is to get people dm us the problems just expecting that people would anyway dm their problems to get them solved is rubbish. We gotta target them first.
Is @wegoogle available on Insta? You could offer to search for solutions to peoples problems for free. Save them the time and effort involved with finding the correct search cyphers and keywords to find the best available solutions to their problems.

joshuajwittmer

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Nov 23, 2020
Maui, Hawaii
Is was thinking that to get more people open up with their problems I can offer them a reward on every problem but can't get my mind on what can that reward be??
What do you have to offer? Sounds like you're just starting out. I think solving their problems should be reward enough.

What do you think about forming a discussion group where people can help each other search for solutions to their problems? Could be a Facebook group. I'm not sure if there's an applicable format on Insta.

This way you would be offering your friendship and help, and a sense of belonging. It could evolve into a forum where people discuss general life problems and help each other find solutions to their problems.

Like this forum, but for general life problems.

joshuajwittmer

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Nov 23, 2020
Maui, Hawaii
What do you have to offer? Sounds like you're just starting out. I think solving their problems should be reward enough.

What do you think about forming a discussion group where people can help each other search for solutions to their problems? Could be a Facebook group. I'm not sure if there's an applicable format on Insta.

This way you would be offering your friendship and help, and a sense of belonging. It could evolve into a forum where people discuss general life problems and help each other find solutions to their problems.

Like this forum, but for general life problems.
You could use hash-tagging on Insta to form this type of community. #solutions or #solutioncentral or #help.

Search for people who are already looking for solutions to their problems. Help them find solutions to their problems and use your hashtag when you offer them the best possible solutions to their problems. If people start using your hashtag to find solutions to their problems, you can invite them to join your forum.

Maybe people are already doing this, I don't know. If so, you can get active in the community of people who are using hashtags to find solutions to their problems. Become known as the RandomKid who is good at finding solutions. You will naturally start to build relationships with people and gain their trust.

RandomKid

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Nov 6, 2021
You could use hash-tagging on Insta to form this type of community. #solutions or #solutioncentral or #help.

Search for people who are already looking for solutions to their problems. Help them find solutions to their problems and use your hashtag when you offer them the best possible solutions to their problems. If people start using your hashtag to find solutions to their problems, you can invite them to join your forum.

Maybe people are already doing this, I don't know. If so, you can get active in the community of people who are using hashtags to find solutions to their problems. Become known as the RandomKid who is good at finding solutions. You will naturally start to build relationships with people and gain their trust.
That is a pretty good idea, would certainly consider doing this. This way I can find people with problems even beyond insta(where hashtags would work) and maybe even later lead them to our feed.

joshuajwittmer

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Nov 23, 2020
Maui, Hawaii
That is a pretty good idea, would certainly consider doing this. This way I can find people with problems even beyond insta(where hashtags would work) and maybe even later lead them to our feed.
What's your insta handle?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.