The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How did YOU find "Fastlane"?

PopEmersen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 2, 2011
Atlanta, GA, US
I am a member of a real estate investment forum & i made a thread over there asking if anyone knew of an other self employment forums. Someone posted the link in the thread & I've been here everyday ever since. I'm on this forum at work, home, in the car, .etc. After being on the forum for a few months, i bought & read the book.

BeingChewsie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I came here in August of 2007 from the RDPD forums. I bought the book this past winter and realized that neither I nor RE Taipan had been here in a very long time and this forum had been the catalyst for us doing a complete re-make on our lives in 2009 and leaving the sidewalk behind for good, though MJ wasn't calling it the sidewalk back then, I think he just called it being selfish and not focusing on the needs of others, consuming and not producing.

Sue

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
I am a member of a real estate investment forum & i made a thread over there asking if anyone knew of an other self employment forums. Someone posted the link in the thread & I've been here everyday ever since. I'm on this forum at work, home, in the car, .etc. After being on the forum for a few months, i bought & read the book.

Yep, that was me. It was April 24 last year on the BP forum. Glad you made it.

DavidofMN

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Apr 19, 2011
Stillwater, MN
I found out about MJ and the forum from the interview MJ did with Pat Flynn on Smart Passive Income about a year ago. Glad I did!

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
haha most of you say this forum, a book, or someone great like Steve Jobs. I found it through some guy who went to jail.

Don Lepre's World's Greatest Vitamin (sort of a start) - Watching his late night TV commercials gave me the motivation. Too bad he went to jail.

Chitown

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 14, 2009
Culver City
I found the "Fastlane" through JScotts' blog. One of the best links I've ever come across. Thanks for running a solid forum, MJ.

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
I found out about the book on the Escaping the 9 to 5 blog, specifically, this post.

After reading the post, I immediately went to Amazon and bought a copy for my Kindle. The book was everything that I hoped it would be!

random

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 26, 2012
In my case, someone on an SEO forum I frequent mentioned the book. He said "it changed his life" so I thought I should check it out and here I am.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

hedgehog757

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Jan 24, 2012
New York
I was thinking about it and I got curious as to how people here found this forum and/or this book.

I found it due to a review of The Millionaire Fastlane that Abdul (mohammedabshaun on YouTube) did, which I found from a video response to one of Abdul's videos by Moses McCormick (laoshu505000 on YouTube, a language-learning channel). I thought it was funny that MJ borrowed the term "Fastlane" from Kiyosaki (Rich Dad/Cashflow game), who was also pretty inspirational. Read RDPD some years ago; found it in my parents' bookcase, along with Think and Grow Rich, the Art of the Deal, The Intelligent Investor and some Suze Orman books.

How did YOU guys find "Fastlane"?

I was referred by a friend who read the book and was on the forum Likwid24

Carlitos

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jul 13, 2016
New York City
I found this forum when I was in Google searching for another Entrepreneur forum and read a couple of posts and automatically saw the quality and now I am here. I think I'm the only that hasn't read the book lol but I have like 3 other books pending I want to read. But I will eventually read it. I'm just hoping is as great as everyone said, because I have in fact read other books.

Inventor001

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Mar 6, 2020
I was thinking about it and I got curious as to how people here found this forum and/or this book.

I found it due to a review of The Millionaire Fastlane that Abdul (mohammedabshaun on YouTube) did, which I found from a video response to one of Abdul's videos by Moses McCormick (laoshu505000 on YouTube, a language-learning channel). I thought it was funny that MJ borrowed the term "Fastlane" from Kiyosaki (Rich Dad/Cashflow game), who was also pretty inspirational. Read RDPD some years ago; found it in my parents' bookcase, along with Think and Grow Rich, the Art of the Deal, The Intelligent Investor and some Suze Orman books.

on a discover option in anybooks app

Bella

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Dec 19, 2020
I learned about the Fastlane forum through MJ's book, which was suggested by James Jani on his YouTube channel. I'm not through TMF yet, but I'm really enjoying and learning so far.
Good Lord! I was just about to start replying to this trend when I came across yours. I also learnt about the fastlane forum from Mj himself in the book TMF (Awesome read if you ask me). The real reason I even bothered buying his book in the first place? A YouTuber who goes by the name James Jani. I watched one of his numerous videos titled "The Untold Truths About Money" which he, of course, said was heavily inspired by MJ DeMarco. One thing that stuck with me was the first few seconds into the video. To tune down a bit of your curiosity here's the illustration he used:- Let's assume this dot(.) represents $1million. That simply means $10million will be (..........). Moving this forward a $100million dollars will be (....................................................................................................). Fast forward and $1billion dollars will be (....................................................................................................................................................... Okay there are too many dots involved so I will just stop). Bottom line of all this? He typed out an overwhelming amount of dots and then multiplied that by about 117. That right there represents the networth of the richest man in the world. Beyond staggering. There is no way in hell I am going to settle for less when I can live the kind of life I want. No Way!

Last edited:

Anastasia Kam

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 15, 2020
I found out about TFM from an ex-boyfriend. He was a heavy reader on a lot of subjects but especially economics that he was/is working on going to a 'fastlane' life and mindset. So, after reading quite a lot of books recommended from some youtubers I watched about wealth ( Rich Dad Poor Dad, Richest man in Babylon, Secrets of the Millionaire Mind, Think and Grow Rich -an old read) I decided to try TFM ( confusing title, not very 'read for quality' convincing ). Best desision ever! A smack in the face to wake up, gave me reality shocks and much much needed new knowledge, connecting dots in my not so mathematical/economy driven mind ( in the right sense of economy with all its' human factors, consumption-production 'being' ) and shouting to the crowd about the 'wealth guru experts' : 'The King is Naked!' . But I valued it most of all for it gave me purpose. Again. Like the one I had when I was still a student. And the energy, optimism, personal fulfilment through purpose, through giving value to the world is what I cherish the most and am so so grateful.

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Nov 25, 2020
My dad actually introduced the concept to me. Didn't want me to get stuck like he did. Now we're both trying to claw our way out.

christyanderson

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Oct 7, 2020

Looking for entrepreneur books to listen to on Audible before going for a run.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...