The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How deep does this "FAKE GURU" market actually go?

redrenegade

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jul 19, 2018
I read last night how gurus are getting into the addiction business (as in alcoholics anonymous, gambling anonymous, drugs). So instead of going into rehab, you follow a guru.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Brad S

Bronze Contributor
Jan 23, 2014
New Jersey
I think a good rule that is probably true about 99% of the time is:

If anyone gives people/the public any type of advice/opinions (talk...) in any form (book, podcast, course, video) they are a charlatan.

Its only a question of degree.

The first group know they are charlatans exploiting peoples hopes and fears.

The second group have conned themselves and actually believe their advice/dogma.

The second group may be even more harmful.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
I've known this since the end of 2017, but I now need to call this out:

Jordan Peterson is the ultimate deceiver & fake guru.

10 years from now, anyone with an ounce of intelligence will think "How did we even fall for his scam?" He's worse than any business guru because he's mainstream. And he's more manipulative than anyone I've ever seen before.

I'm not discussing with Peterson fanboys but please think of me when you regret all the time and money you wasted on that bullshit-artist.

You're trolling, right?

He gives away 99.9999% of his stuff for free.

His paid product is... (wait for it...) $15.

He has made a huge impact in my life, the lives of friends, and thousands of others.

I've paid him a total of $15 for life changing 'mentorship'. Meanwhile university attendants find themselves $300,000 in debt...

Where is the scam???!

(p.s. genuinely interested how you have come to your conclusions, please let me know!)

jon.M

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden
You're trolling, right?

He has made a huge impact in my life, the lives of friends, and thousands of others.

I've paid him a total of $15 for life changing 'mentorship'. Meanwhile university attendants find themselves $300,000 in debt...

Where is the scam???!

(p.s. genuinely interested how you have come to your conclusions, please let me know!)

That's a hard question. I've never thought about it before. Last time someone asked me about that I couldn't sleep for 25 days.

Brad S

Bronze Contributor
Jan 23, 2014
New Jersey
You're trolling, right?

Where is the scam???!

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/...ow-making-over-dollar500k-a-year-in-donations

The rise of Patreon – the website that makes Jordan Peterson $80k a month

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia

“Before courting controversy, Peterson was an accomplished academic—one that taught at Harvard before being granted tenure at the University of Toronto.”

He put all his lectures online for free and some people donate to him in return. Providing value first and the money will come.

I’m still not seeing the scam.

Chris25

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
380%
Aug 29, 2018
Europe
If anyone gives people/the public any type of advice/opinions (talk...) in any form (book, podcast, course, video) they are a charlatan.

I wouldn't say that anyone who gives people advice is a charlatan, that is a bit of an overstatement. Of course, gurus can't know everything and they don't always practice what they preach, they are in it mostly for the money. However, there are some people that give advice and don't claim they are know it all gurus and actually give valuable advice.

To me, fake gurus are the ones that just recycle the same content all the time and never stop talking about the same things with an agenda to push their overpriced products. A genuine person that gives advice is the one talking about their experience, and you can tell with time their content evolves along with them. They don't always have an absolute answer for their followers.

People should always make their judgment tho about who to listen to, and sometimes different mentors work for different people. The sh*tty gurus appeal the most to the sh*tty people who probably have the same goal - make tons of money from naive people by faking it.

You can't even blame the gurus sometimes, people need to open their eyes, question some things and use better judgment. We live in a world of connection with others, whether in real life or online, everybody should have already learned this lesson by themselves. If someone is making noise that doesn't sit well with you then turn it off, don't follow along even to hate on them.

Last edited:

Departed

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Jul 15, 2017
Europe
I think this article here is pretty interesting..

How to Lose Tens of Thousands of Dollars on Amazon
How to Lose Tens of Thousands of Dollars on Amazon

"So the couple put the class fee on their credit card, started attending Monday night webinars, and picked their first two products: a glass wine decanter and plastic wine aerator, both sourced from China. Following Behdjou and Gazzola’s advice to purchase the minimum mass order possible, they ordered 3,000 decanters and 1,500 aerators and had them shipped directly to Amazon warehouses across the country, from which the company would send them directly to consumers."

Just WTF...why didn't they just import a garlic press? ;)

And the best part:

"And in July, the agency charged Sellers Playbook, run by the former Apprentice contestant Jessie Conners Tieva and her husband, Matthew Tieva, with making false claims. According to the complaint, the Tievas charged customers up to $32,997 for Amazon coaching sessions, raking in more than $15 million through credit-card payments from April 2017 to May 2018. In November, a Minnesota district court required the defendants to surrender any assets related to the company, requesting $20.8 million in a judgment. (In the settlement, the defendants neither admitted nor denied the underlying factual allegations.)"

15 Million in one year? Through selling courses?

jon.M

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden
Care to elaborate on your original post?

I'm not going deep down into his stuff on this forum, since he is a political figure. In his writings, JP has himself stated that he is a pathological liar. That's supported by the fact that he lies publicly about ridicilous things -- such as not sleeping for over 20 days (anyone would eat their own face after about 10 days without sleep).

Normal people lie about small things that can appear somewhat plausible. But if you've ever encountered a narcisstic sociopath in reality, you know they will try to hyptnotize you with some grandiose, out-of-this-world lie by repeating it to you several times with absolute confidence on their part.

For example, that drinking cider once made JP spend 8 sleepless hours of terror in bed every night for a month. Or that his pseudo-scientific jibberish about that lobsters have anything to do with humans.

He also has the audacity to tell people to NOT lie, while being a pathological liar himself.

On Twitter he threatens to violently attack people, but anyone who's ever seen the man understands he wouldn't dare attack a fly that looks like it could swing back.

Screenshot-from-2019-01-05-14-26-52.png

(But he might be willing to attack weaker, female individuals, since he's been alleged of sexual misconduct 3 times (and yet he told Kavanaugh to step down even if he was confirmed as judge))

He tells people to clean their rooms, while appearing sick and unhealthy in one of the messiest rooms I've ever seen.

iu

He tells people to stand up straight, while he couldn't even stand up to his own bullies in school.

Normally, I really don't care about gurus and that they sell someone a worthless ebook for $15 or make people run on burning coal on some retreat.

The thing with JP is that he targets a vulnerable group in society, young men that have had enough of feminism and SJW culture, and becomes their religious leader.

He doesn't empower them to become better men. He doesn't push them in the right direction.

He gives them the first few hits for free, makes them feel intellectual & "woke" to get them hooked on his stuff -- eventually forcing them to enter his self-created reality for good.

Not because he wants their money. But because he's a creepy narcissist who wants power.

Dqogvt7VsAE_0Cb.jpg-large.jpg

But having JP as a role model is outright harmful because he is a self-proclaimed liar, doesn't say anything of substance so you can't argue against him (IE his word salad), and he's an incest-obsessed bastard who literally dreams about having his own granny rub her hairy muff in his face (read his book Maps Of Meaning).

As I said in an earlier post, I'm not going to argue with Jordan Peterson's butt boys. I'm just warning people from wasting their time on this guy and letting this narcissist influence their lives.

His audience is mostly atheist males because he is creating the perfect model of life for their nihilistic minds; His own 21st century religion.

That's why he feels entitled to redefine Jesus and position himself as pro-Christianity even though he subtly reframes it all as mythology.

The man is truly looking to create his own cult. And I know many of people who read this get their pants soaking wet when watching a new Youtube video of his. That's understandable and I don't blame you. He's a professor in psychology with an obvious skill in manipulation and love for
propaganda.

iu

I know people claim I'm trolling but more of you guys will get it in the years to come.

To sum it all up, here's a quote from Jordan B Peterson Himself:

"Fundamental reality is an ingredient of unparalleled choices. The secret of the universe is the path to objective opportunities"

Except that it's not really a quote from Jordan B Peterson, although it sounds like it.

It's nonsense from the Deepak Chopra quote generator. And if Jordan B Peterson said anything like that, it would be a 10 minute word salad that leads up to the platitude that one should 'grow the hell up'.

But hey, according to JBP buttboys you're just below their level of sophistication if you don't see the infinite, divine wisdom in every word this modern day sophist has let out of his mouth.

And I'm not even scratching on the surface. I've seen there's an entire book dedicated to exposing the fact that he's a charlatan. If you have the mental ability to look at ANY of his videos or writings objectively, without letting your idolization run crazy, you'll spot more BS within minutes.

He has repeatedly recommended the book 1984 and I understand he likes it, since he has mastered the art of -- and constantly uses -- doublespeak himself.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
I think a good rule that is probably true about 99% of the time is:

Its only a question of degree.

The first group know they are charlatans exploiting peoples hopes and fears.

The second group have conned themselves and actually believe their advice/dogma.

The second group may be even more harmful.

This is way too broad. All of the following are charlatans by your definition:
  • A teacher who tells middle school students not to take up smoking.
  • Parents who tell their kids not to run out into traffic.
  • Everyone in this forum providing advice and opinions about business.
  • Someone well known in an industry who mentors people who are new to that industry.
  • All mentors, authors, speakers, educators.
  • You yourself, because when you made this statement, you gave people/the public some type of advice or opinions in some form (writing).
Probably makes sense to revise your definition of charlatan, unless your intent is just to redefine it as a general synonym for "person."

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Actually I was genuinely curious as I don’t follow him very closely however I have been listening to his 12 rules book, and that’s an awesome reply thanks for taking the time.

NuclearPuma

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
May 3, 2015
The forums very own resident poster is jumping onto the guru train. His two ebooks are priced at $30, and also based on his own experiences he shared here, so maybe a fair honest exchange and low risk to buyers.

I wonder if the $3,000 and $30,000 courses are in his future plans.

"How Does a Formerly Homeless, 21 Year Old Entrepreneur, Make Millions Digitally, and Live The High Life?
Apply for a *limited spot* in Damian's exclusive inner circle of upcoming digital millionaires"

Dare and Conquer: Blazing Your Own Path In Life (Homepage)

Last edited:

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
The more I read, the more I uncover what exactly it is that is wrong about gurus:

it's exactly what MJ says - preaching things that didn't get them rich. The problem is legit just that these guys are preaching things that they don't believe. I follow a lot of gurus I like for the mindset advice, most of them are selling courses on getting rich - but most of them haven't actually built a business outside of their "guru" brands.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
I'm not going deep down into his stuff on this forum, since he is a political figure. In his writings, JP has himself stated that he is a pathological liar. That's supported by the fact that he lies publicly about ridicilous things -- such as not sleeping for over 20 days (anyone would eat their own face after about 10 days without sleep).

Normal people lie about small things that can appear somewhat plausible. But if you've ever encountered a narcisstic sociopath in reality, you know they will try to hyptnotize you with some grandiose, out-of-this-world lie by repeating it to you several times with absolute confidence on their part.

For example, that drinking cider once made JP spend 8 sleepless hours of terror in bed every night for a month. Or that his pseudo-scientific jibberish about that lobsters have anything to do with humans.

He also has the audacity to tell people to NOT lie, while being a pathological liar himself.

On Twitter he threatens to violently attack people, but anyone who's ever seen the man understands he wouldn't dare attack a fly that looks like it could swing back.

(But he might be willing to attack weaker, female individuals, since he's been alleged of sexual misconduct 3 times (and yet he told Kavanaugh to step down even if he was confirmed as judge))

He tells people to clean their rooms, while appearing sick and unhealthy in one of the messiest rooms I've ever seen.

iu

He tells people to stand up straight, while he couldn't even stand up to his own bullies in school.

Normally, I really don't care about gurus and that they sell someone a worthless ebook for $15 or make people run on burning coal on some retreat.

The thing with JP is that he targets a vulnerable group in society, young men that have had enough of feminism and SJW culture, and becomes their religious leader.

He doesn't empower them to become better men. He doesn't push them in the right direction.

He gives them the first few hits for free, makes them feel intellectual & "woke" to get them hooked on his stuff -- eventually forcing them to enter his self-created reality for good.

Not because he wants their money. But because he's a creepy narcissist who wants power.

But having JP as a role model is outright harmful because he is a self-proclaimed liar, doesn't say anything of substance so you can't argue against him (IE his word salad), and he's an incest-obsessed bastard who literally dreams about having his own granny rub her hairy muff in his face (read his book Maps Of Meaning).

As I said in an earlier post, I'm not going to argue with Jordan Peterson's butt boys. I'm just warning people from wasting their time on this guy and letting this narcissist influence their lives.

His audience is mostly atheist males because he is creating the perfect model of life for their nihilistic minds; His own 21st century religion.

That's why he feels entitled to redefine Jesus and position himself as pro-Christianity even though he subtly reframes it all as mythology.

The man is truly looking to create his own cult. And I know many of people who read this get their pants soaking wet when watching a new Youtube video of his. That's understandable and I don't blame you. He's a professor in psychology with an obvious skill in manipulation and love for
propaganda.

iu

I know people claim I'm trolling but more of you guys will get it in the years to come.

"Fundamental reality is an ingredient of unparalleled choices. The secret of the universe is the path to objective opportunities"

Except that it's not really a quote from Jordan B Peterson, although it sounds like it.

It's nonsense from the Deepak Chopra quote generator. And if Jordan B Peterson said anything like that, it would be a 10 minute word salad that leads up to the platitude that one should 'grow the hell up'.

But hey, according to JBP buttboys you're just below their level of sophistication if you don't see the infinite, divine wisdom in every word this modern day sophist has let out of his mouth.

And I'm not even scratching on the surface. I've seen there's an entire book dedicated to exposing the fact that he's a charlatan. If you have the mental ability to look at ANY of his videos or writings objectively, without letting your idolization run crazy, you'll spot more BS within minutes.

He has repeatedly recommended the book 1984 and I understand he likes it, since he has mastered the art of -- and constantly uses -- doublespeak himself.

I liked the guy up until really recently. He was talking about how evil postmodernism is, and about 2 minutes later talks about how even though religion is purely myth, it's useful and the world is better for it, because it leads people to behave in ways he deems desirable. The guy just told me, straight to me face, that he thinks it's good for people to believe bullshit if the end result is them behaving in ways he deems desirable. Sounds pretty Jim Jones to me, honestly. After that made me snap out of it, when I watch his videos I can see little breadcrumbs of a future cult leader.

Of course he doesn't say "ways I deem desirable" he says "ways that benefit society" or something similar, which is the way all people talk. As human beings we all have the defacto narcissistic assumption that if people would just do what we want them to, the world would be better off.

Time will tell if I'm right or wrong, but there's no real downside in healthy skepticism of anyone that earns their living that way.

Brad S

Bronze Contributor
Jan 23, 2014
New Jersey
This is way too broad. All of the following are charlatans by your definition:
  • A teacher who tells middle school students not to take up smoking.
  • Parents who tell their kids not to run out into traffic.
  • Everyone in this forum providing advice and opinions about business.
  • Someone well known in an industry who mentors people who are new to that industry.
  • All mentors, authors, speakers, educators.
  • You yourself, because when you made this statement, you gave people/the public some type of advice or opinions in some form (writing).
Probably makes sense to revise your definition of charlatan, unless your intent is just to redefine it as a general synonym for "person."
I'm talking about adults not kids.

Telling a kid not to smoke or go in traffic isn't really advice.

It's more a command.

And yes it is broad that's why I said probably 99%.

That would be a general heuristic.

It's a lot easier to just assume most advice is either for the benefit of the giver or doesn't apply at all to the person it's being given to.

And yes that includes me and people on this forum.

I don't know shit and neither does anyone else.

I can barely even know myself let alone know someone else and their situation to give advice.

Most advice givers have no skin in the game.

As in they get some upside for giving the advice such as getting paid for their book/course or even just feeling smart.

But they share no downside such as they will lose time, money, energy, along with the person they gave advice to on how to become a millionaire in business for example.

And yeah it could be Warren Buffett your Doctor, Jordan Peterson, or even MJ DeMarco.

Doesn't matter.

Ignore it all.

Think for yourself.

You may disregard a few good pieces with this rule but you'll save yourself years of misery and frustration when most of it leads you wrong.

Brad S

Bronze Contributor
Jan 23, 2014
New Jersey
I'm talking about adults not kids.

Telling a kid not to smoke or go in traffic isn't really advice.

It's more a command.

And yes it is broad that's why I said probably 99%.

That would be a general heuristic.

It's a lot easier to just assume most advice is either for the benefit of the giver or doesn't apply at all to the person it's being given to.

And yes that includes me and people on this forum.

I don't know sh*t and neither does anyone else.

I can barely even know myself let alone know someone else and their situation to give advice.

Most advice givers have no skin in the game.

As in they get some upside for giving the advice such as getting paid for their book/course or even just feeling smart.

But they share no downside such as they will lose time, money, energy, along with the person they gave advice to on how to become a millionaire in business for example.

And yeah it could be Warren Buffett your Doctor, Jordan Peterson, or even MJ DeMarco.

Doesn't matter.

Ignore it all.

Think for yourself.

You may disregard a few good pieces with this rule but you'll save yourself years of misery and frustration when most of it leads you wrong.

If your guru follows these rules then you can probably trust them...

https://kopywritingkourse.com/how-to-become-a-life-coach/

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
If your guru follows these rules then you can probably trust them...

I actually don't claim ownership of a guru.

The life coach site is funny. I love it.

Looks, don't get me wrong. I've been doing my own thing and thinking critically as long as you have. It goes without saying that people need to think for themselves. What I'm saying is, even with the 99% qualification, the definition as written is too broad.

You probably mean the people who are going out of their way to solicit the giving of advice and then sell self help courses for more and more money at sketchy hotel seminars. Or something similar. If that's the case, you may be right that 99% of them are charlatans. Or even 100%. I'm only clarifying that, surely, it must be incorrect to condemn 99% of humanity -- all people who offer opinions in any media -- as charlatans, unless you have an unusually cynical perspective. Probably too pedantic a point to worry about, and if that's not what you mean, don't worry about it. I think I get your meaning.

turbojarhead

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Dec 8, 2012

iu

propaganda.

iu

I generally don't comment, but that is the most inane bunch of inane bs I have ever heard. If you have a logical argument against Peterson make it, but don't couch it in strawman attacks. Use logical thinking, and make an argument.

iu

propaganda.

iu

Trolling? I rarely comment, as there are a lot smarter folks around than me, but your attacks are ridiculous. If you have a point make it, otherwise you look like a butthurt dumbass. If you want to learn sales from your local plumber, or comment on the history of religion in relation to economic theory, go for it. Otherwise you look like a dipshit snowflake. Defend your attacks, or STFU.

turbojarhead

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Dec 8, 2012

rogue synthetic

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
310%
Aug 2, 2017
Funny enough, I'm the exact opposite. Anything that enjoys mainstream popularity sends me running the other direction unless I've got good reason to think otherwise. This thread gives a neat summary of why.

turbojarhead

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Dec 8, 2012
I generally don't comment, but that is the most inane bunch of inane bs I have ever heard. If you have a logical argument against Peterson make it, but don't couch it in strawman attacks. Use logical thinking, and make an argument.

Trolling? I rarely comment, as there are a lot smarter folks around than me, but your attacks are ridiculous. If you have a point make it, otherwise you look like a butthurt dumbass. If you want to learn sales from your local plumber, or comment on the history of religion in relation to economic theory, go for it. Otherwise you look like a dipshit snowflake. Defend your attacks, or STFU.
I apologize for my possibly hurtful remarks, Unsaid is ,,Tough shit. Who Cares? Why spend an hour in a post disabusing what they said?

turbojarhead

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Dec 8, 2012
WTH are you talking About? You attacked Peterson and Belfort as being fake gurus, defend your attack! Otherwise you are the ubiqitous internet troll. Defend your attack sir!

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Oh damn - this thread is getting interesting. My opinion on Peterson is I have lost interest.

I still like the guy and have huge respect, agree with much of what he says and think he's made HUGE contributions . But - I dislike that he's so negative and wonder how much of that is part of his "persona". Also have a hard time deciphering his work, it seems to be written in such a scholarly form.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Also have a hard time deciphering his work, it seems to be written in such a scholarly form.

This is a sign of bad writing, not high intelligence. I tried reading his 12 rules and gave up, tired of his unreadable writing style and constant rambling about unrelated things.

As an author I'm very curious why his book is so popular despite being so bad. Perhaps it's purely because of his persona, in the same way that books "written" by celebrities become bestsellers no matter how bad they are. I always find it sad that some really good books don't get discovered just because their authors aren't willing to pimp themselves everywhere. But well, that's how marketing largely works today.

jon.M

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden

Why don't you make a point against what I'm saying instead of just calling it BS? Oh yeah, that is The Way of Peterson Apostles.

Attack the critic's lack of intellect, logic or whatever and ignore the fact that this professor they idolize constantly lies, rarely has a logically sound point, and when he has, it's something your own mother could've told you at 4 years of age.

I knew I was going to get this exact type of comment 2 posts before it came, which is why I don't care for arguing his cult members. It's so predictable.

I apologize for my possibly hurtful remarks, Unsaid is ,,Tough sh*t. Who Cares? Why spend an hour in a post disabusing what they said?

If you aimed that at me, it's alright man. I don't consider myself the greatest thinker of this millenia, so someone calling me a dumbass snowflake or whatever doesn't offend me.

Saying things like that just shows off your unhealthy emotional attachment to Jordan Peterson. I hope that goes away at some point and you get well. You seem to care a lot since I made you post for the first time in 3 years.

The reason I wrote the post was because @BookwormMitch asked me to elaborate.

jon.M

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden
This is a sign of bad writing, not high intelligence. I tried reading his 12 rules and gave up, tired of his unreadable writing style and constant rambling about unrelated things.

As an author I'm very curious why his book is so popular despite being so bad. Perhaps it's purely because of his persona, in the same way that books "written" by celebrities become bestsellers no matter how bad they are. I always find it sad that some really good books don't get discovered just because their authors aren't willing to pimp themselves everywhere. But well, that's how marketing largely works today.

CAA is a talent agency that houses Hollywood stars, high-profile politicians and comedians, among others. Will Smith, former Vice President Joe Biden, Gordon Ramsay and Ashton Kutcher are all represented by them. Peterson is as well.

How much easier to become a bestseller would it be for you, if you was represented by one of the most prominent agencies in the US?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.