The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How can I change my environment?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Stuffing

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Oct 14, 2017
United States
Changing your environment is extremely powerful to change your actions.
I will try to keep it simple and to the point.

I had to read TMF twice to really understand some things and I have learned so much in so little time. I've gone through quite a bit and I swear i'm ready to start living, I have everything I need, but I still hesitate. I think what's holding me back is my environment. I feel like the only real change I can make would be to start living on the streets. I have been focusing on that one thing, and it feels like an uncontrollable part of my life right now.

I've made my decision and I will change my environment but can someone help point me in the right direction as to how I can do that? I've even packed everything i own in bags that are now on my bed. I just cannot work here. Maybe I can and it doesn't hurt enough... but I don't want to wait for it to hurt anymore.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sprocket

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Mar 7, 2018
UK
Why do you need to change your environment specifically? What is stopping you from achieving where you are now?

Bon Appetit

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jan 19, 2018
Paris, France
I can understand that the environnement can slow you down a lot, when your surrounding (family, friends) are convince that slowlane are the best and only choice in life. Whatever you do, they will find it wrong and they want to help you so they will try to prove you wrong or try to convince you to take the slowlane path as much as possible.

For me, be away from people with this mindset help me to focus on my fastlane project. I live in another country and my entrepreneurial project is digital oriented, so it give my all the freedom I want.

However, you need a plan, don't put yourself in a bad situation to give you motivation, you need a structured plan, money to back you up, an idea of what you want to do, where you want to go and so on.

What is you actually plan in the near future?

Best of luck mate.

NuclearPuma

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
May 3, 2015
This is powerful question. It is the right question to ask that many people never consider. It only comes after you have done some reflection.

Just asking this question shows some wisdom. You are on the right track.

Change of environment can be many things. It can be as simple as making your bed and keeping a clean home. Or working at a desk in a home office instead of at your dinner table. It can mean joining a gym instead of working out at home. Going to Starbucks or a library to study instead of doing it at home or the dorm room.

It could simply be changing the music you listen to, changing the background noise. Or change the time of day you work. Try working at 10 AM instead of 9 PM for example. Get better lighting.

But it can also be getting new roommates or moving from Chicago to Phoenix.

A good place to start is to remove distractions and work in a clean well lit space (no access to TV, no phone, no other people). Experiment with the variables and then as you learn what environment is most productive for you, you can make better decisions about roommates and location.

You don't have to change where you sleep to change your environment.

Try breaking your routine a little bit. Instead of going home after work (or class) go straight to a library (or gym, or Starbucks, etc.).

NuclearPuma

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
May 3, 2015
Why do you need to change your environment specifically? What is stopping you from achieving where you are now?

Habit triggers. Your environment is full of habit triggers that cause you to do things mindlessly good or bad. Changing your environment can seperate you from these triggers so decisions become more conscious and you can break bad habits and develop new ones. This can go both ways. Environment change can be for better or for worse.

Last edited:
G

Guest92dX

If you can't change your environment outright due to financial circumstances then focus on letting it go.

You know what's so dangerous about success and failure? Going up or down the ladder your foundation is still shaky. The foundation must come from within.

Stuffing

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Oct 14, 2017
United States
I don't think anyone needs me to answer these questions to them, but I need to be the one who knows these answers. Thank you everyone for your help. I will take your advice, change my environment, and maybe I will make a progress thread.

JohnZ123

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jan 23, 2014
It's simple, you already know how to change your environment. It's more about if you're willing to take action and actually go out and do it.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I will try to keep it simple and to the point.

I had to read TMF twice to really understand some things and I have learned so much in so little time. I've gone through quite a bit and I swear i'm ready to start living, I have everything I need, but I still hesitate. I think what's holding me back is my environment. I feel like the only real change I can make would be to start living on the streets. I have been focusing on that one thing, and it feels like an uncontrollable part of my life right now.

I've made my decision and I will change my environment but can someone help point me in the right direction as to how I can do that? I've even packed everything i own in bags that are now on my bed. I just cannot work here. Maybe I can and it doesn't hurt enough... but I don't want to wait for it to hurt anymore.
“I have everything I need, but I still hesitate.”

What are you hesitating on @Stuffing?

Conrad

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
May 17, 2017
Brussels
Your Habits ara changing? And your environment is stil behind because of their 'not-so-logic' habits? But you don't have the money YET to move out? Time to build constructive relationships with the environment by using their strong points. No one is 100% bad or 100% good.

Maybe is Time to save at least 10% of you money, just like the rich people.
Start planting a seed, 2 seeds, 3 seeds....

Maybe it's time to go on a 1 week trip to a RANDOM place? Rent an Airbnb, stay in a hostel.....

What exacly is it what you're waiting for?

Cheers

Mr.Brandtastic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
Sep 27, 2017
Parents' House
I've gone through quite a bit and I swear i'm ready to start living, I have everything I need, but I still hesitate. I think what's holding me back is my environment. I feel like the only real change I can make would be to start living on the streets.

We can't give you the perfect answer here, it's based on you. But do you sincerely want to live in regret of having not done what you set out to do? I'm guessing not.

Stuffing

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Oct 14, 2017
United States
You're all right, I guess I am still just looking for excuses to not put in the effort. If I want to get out of here, I have to do what it takes.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Stuffing

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Oct 14, 2017
United States
I don't understand. You want to be homeless?
No I just want to get out of the place i'm in, and that's one way to do it. I feel like it's draining me. I've been given good advice, and have been asked helpful questions already so I am putting everything to use.

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
I didn't read but changing your environment if it doesn't help you to work is a good idea, but it doesn't need to be something huge, if you're constantly working a defined room of the house, just move your desk somewhere else or go work at an open space surrounded by hard working people.

Trust me, when you work beside other entrepreneur and you're not working as much as them, this will give you the kick in the a$$, on a daily basis, to go forward

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.