- Joined
- Jun 7, 2008
- Messages
- 476
Rep Bank
$3,201
$3,201
User Power: 992%
Just think about it:
Thomas Alva Edison:
"Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration."
Franklin D. Roosevelt: "When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."
I have decided I am going to begin looking for my first apartment building this summer. I am currently pooling together friends with cash. I may only be 19 years old, but I have taken in knowledge for 2 years now, and it is time for action. If I fail, I am sure I will learn much more than any book can explain to me. My plan was drawn up for my first acquisition to occur after college, I will need to change that now though. I figure I will use a buy and hold strategy on this building, with the possibility of cash out refi or 1031 depending on what happens. Maybe I can have close to 20 units or more by the time I graduate (obviously need to take it slow while I am in school), with friends in downtown Chicago managing them.
I still need to draw up this plan, and there is a lot of legwork to be done, I am just thinking aloud here right now. Post started as motivation and turned into what is going on in my head right now.
Thanks for reading,
G. Alexander
Thomas Alva Edison:
"Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration."
Franklin D. Roosevelt: "When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."
I have decided I am going to begin looking for my first apartment building this summer. I am currently pooling together friends with cash. I may only be 19 years old, but I have taken in knowledge for 2 years now, and it is time for action. If I fail, I am sure I will learn much more than any book can explain to me. My plan was drawn up for my first acquisition to occur after college, I will need to change that now though. I figure I will use a buy and hold strategy on this building, with the possibility of cash out refi or 1031 depending on what happens. Maybe I can have close to 20 units or more by the time I graduate (obviously need to take it slow while I am in school), with friends in downtown Chicago managing them.
I still need to draw up this plan, and there is a lot of legwork to be done, I am just thinking aloud here right now. Post started as motivation and turned into what is going on in my head right now.
Thanks for reading,
G. Alexander
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
