The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How bad do you want it? Enough to go "all in?"

FeaRxUnLeAsHeD

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Nov 27, 2014
USA
This public service announcement brought to you by the admin team from The Fast Lane Forum.
11693872_743962955714811_7457653245824214587_n.jpg
right after i read this i heard all the people in my office at my internship discussing how many more days until their next vacation when they literally just got back from vacation 2 weeks ago.

"Happy Monday... Well, i know it's monday.. i dont know about the other part.. HAHA. How many more days til vacation?"

"Oh 3 more days and then ............." (Fill in the .... with some stupid 'escape from reality' activity such as going to their shitty lake house to drink beers and F*ck around for 2 weeks until theyre back to work)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

James Thornton

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Oct 31, 2014
Great thread!

January 5th, 2009, I got on a plane in Louisville, KY during a winter storm. We transferred in Chicago, where it was like a blizzard. After some delays, we finally flew down to San Diego.

When I walked out of the airport, I just knew I wanted to move there. Loved the area, and it was perfect weather. Not only am I a shivering bitch in the winter, I'm an outdoor sports guy. It's a big part of my enjoyment of life.

But it's more than that. I was there for a 2 week digital art and printing course. One of the most amazing experiences in my life, coming from Kentucky. The west coast is the intersection of art and technology. My favorite software (zbrush) is developed right in LA. I'm a beta tester and once had an interview with them.

Cut to now, I'm just returning from Florida, where I was planning to move in January. Some of the living plans may have fallen through. And I'm glad. (even though Florida is nice)

All this time, I've had friends in San Diego (& LA), who might be willing to help. Never attempted the jump because the cost of living and taxes are so high. Yet here I am, already paying high rent for a huge apartment with workspace, and I used to pay rent in a mall! ($$$)

I'd rather be there in a studio apartment. Strange the false limitations we place on ourselves. Time to figure this out.

Last edited:

Jakawan

We Buy Houses
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
Sep 19, 2013
Oklahoma City
Great story, thank you for sharing.

Any details on how you made this happen? Lots of people here say they want to find a mentor but don't know how to go about it.

Hey MJ, sorry I just now read this.. I don't get on here enough! How I made what happen? Made the money?
Or how I found someone willing to teach me and hire me?

I've been wholesaling houses off and on for 2.5 years now. I called every single "We Buy Houses" bandit sign and craigslist ad I could find and asked them to teach me. Most said no.. but one investor liked my enthusiasm and said yes.

I think the best way, is for them to find their local real estate investor association meeting. Go ask questions, network, listen and learn. I'm speaking at my local real estate investor association here in OKC on August 13th. Maybe 150 people will be there? Should be fun! I get to tell my story haha

The best wholesaling education I've found is Sean Terry's Flip2freedom podcast and his 19 weeks to quitting your job eBook.. he lives in Phoenix and has a team there that wholesales tons of houses. I mentor and split deals with people locally, never did it virtually because I don't know anything about other markets.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Time for a bump. What's stopping you from going all in?

I read a few posts here lately where it seems the poster is more into finding excuses as to not doing something. A "out of their control" reason behind their failure.

How bad do you want it?

@Iwokeup recently had an epiphany that... "If it's to be it's up to me". He really "woke up".

He got tired of the excuses from the people he's been trusting and relying on. He got tired of accepting those excuses as why he's not further along. Started taking matters into his own hands and made more progress in one day than others did in weeks/months. He acknowledged that it was fear holding him back.

Be honest with yourself. What's holding you back?

I know this thread talks about moving and changing your environment but it really speaks to getting out of your comfort zone and going all-in.

SK2kev

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Nov 1, 2014
Manitoba, Canada
Great thread. I was talking with an employee and mentioned that I might start a crew in North Dakota this winter, asked him if he'd be interested in going up there. His response was that it would be impossible because he wouldn't be able to come home and let his dog out of the house....

It's literally twice the money I'm paying him now, but he can't because his dog has to pee. Jesus, what an excuse for mediocrity.
Funny story @randomnumber314, there is a low income duplex two doors down from our shop. A couple months ago one of the tenants stopped me on the sidewalk (fitting location) and asked if we were hiring (construction business). I asked him if he could travel 6 hours away to our jobsites - get there Monday, come home late Friday.
Same answer from him - "I can't do it, I just got a puppy."

What do you do in MN/ND? I'm just north of the border.

Ryllban

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Dec 15, 2013
I got so fed up by my hometown a few months back and decided to make a change. So I packed my bag and moved to a new country. I had no friends here and I needed to start a new life. I was nervous. Especially a few days before the move. But you know what? The pain of staying in my hometown and never grow, that was enough for me to move my a$$.

What can I say, 5 months later and I'm loving it! The biggest thing for me was that when I got my own place and had to face this new culture and really taking care of myself (no parents or friends to call), I grew as a person. Even more, I felt more responsibility for my own life and that made me work on my goals hard for the first time in my life.

All I can say is that if you want to move. If there is even a tiny bit of you that wants to move to a new city (especially if you're a single young guy like me with nothing to lose) then F*cking move!
It can do wonders with your work mentality! And growing as a human being!

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
@Iwokeup recently had an epiphany that... "If it's to be it's up to me". He really "woke up".

He got tired of the excuses from the people he's been trusting and relying on. He got tired of accepting those excuses as why he's not further along. Started taking matters into his own hands and made more progress in one day than others did in weeks/months. He acknowledged that it was fear holding him back.

Be honest with yourself. What's holding you back?

I know this thread talks about moving and changing your environment but it really speaks to getting out of your comfort zone and going all-in.
Thanks man.

Honestly, nothing that I've EVER achieved in life that was meaningful was done while comfortable and living easily.

Fear is your lazy brain not wanting to change.

Last edited by a moderator:

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
This post would make an EXCELLENT blog post.

I'm actually moving in less than 2 weeks, and most of my friends and family don't get it when I explain why.

Who cares. :)

Oh man - what a blast from the past!

Moving to Phoenix was the single best thing I've done at that time. Completely changed my life (and you can read about the story here).

Now I'm living in Bali in SE Asia, running and growing businesses - life completely changed.

Living in the island of the Gods and making money. Hard to say that life could be any better. :)

Thread bump!

G

Guest34764

-Relying on Coffee to keep me awake (If I don't drink another cup after school I'll pass out for at least 4-8 hours.It's hell and now I know how drug addicts feel)
-Funding I'm working on this and it's going pretty well actually.It won't hold me back for long
-I bounce ideas around waaaaaay too much without performing them
-Finding a problem to solve (keep it a secret but I'm making a website shhhh)
-My lack of providing a service that brings value.I can sell and hustle well I'm just about average with copywriting and I only know basic coding
-Being lazy a$$.I've been getting a lot better with this but I'm still a lazy a$$ at least 15% of the time.I want to dedicate myself solely on one thing, but my need to be entertained constantly is what kills me.Thankfully making money is the most entertaining thing to me right now so we'll see how it goes.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Moving from Edmonton to The Rockies next week. Seems like the forum also throws up the right thread at the right time.

My plan to become rich by drilling for oil has ended. If the Slowlane had its own forum my story would have been gold. A full on attack at hourly wages and maxing the possible hours I could work. Now I am back to the reality of normal world wages and the entrepreneurial hunger that goes with it.

It took driving the Slowlane at 110% to realize to would never work. From that failure I have been able to discover the truth of the Fastlane. My FLM journey has started and I completed all my inital goals - first online business (cease and desist by a major company), made an app (great press and launch but market got flooded with similar apps right after I launched), and eBook (good product but late to market by over a year because I was lazy).

Oil crashing has been a blessing. Making ridiculously easy money kills the motivation and weakens the entrepreneurial spirit.

I have been selling possessions all week. I am only keeping my laptop, several whiteboards and cork boards, audio recording equipment and my massive collection of books. Everything else goes. This thread has been a great boost. Thanks to everyone who posted.

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
Wow. This is one of the best threads I read on here (don't know how many times I said that already..) especially the post by @TheTruth. I actually like living here in Germany, don't plan on moving out of it completely. But I can't enjoy it while working a job, that's why I set a goal of being able to quit it at a specific date.

rc08234

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jun 29, 2011
South Jersey
I would just like to say that moving can be a bad experience, and it can be just as positive as the people who moved and loved it.

I recently moved from NJ to FLA. I'm not a fan of FLA anymore. It hasn't been a bad experience, but hasn't been awesome either. I can't say that I love it down here.

However I wouldn't change the move for anything. I dissed NJ pretty hard before I moved but now realize that is my home and I love it, almost like those girls who stay in abusive relationships lol.

Also, my big "why" has become a lot clearer.

kyled427

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Jun 19, 2013
After running myself in circles for the past 2 years moving from place to place while being unable to find a SINGLE place in my area that doesn't have mold in it I finally leased a studio across the country in Denver effective January 1st. Huge step for me, it's a lot to take in, but reading this makes me know it's the right choice. Thanks for the post.

NoMess

Inventor/Entrepreuner
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Oct 29, 2015
Clermont, FL
I recently moved from NJ to FLA. I'm not a fan of FLA anymore. It hasn't been a bad experience, but hasn't been awesome either. I can't say that I love it down here.

At one point I was like you. Now I read posts like this and I just see a bunch of belly aching and grumbling. I really feel sorry for you because you haven't learned a key lesson.

I live in Florida and originally hated it too: weather is extremely hot, people aren't real friendly, many don't speak any English, blah, blah, blah. I had a ton of reasons on why Florida wasn't as good as where I am from.

Then I came to the conclusion: you make it what you want.

I decided to want to be here instead of somewhere else. That's it, I just changed my mind and forced myself to start looking for the good things instead at looking at the things I didn't like.

That was in 1999. It's 2015 now, I met my wife here, we have 2 kids now, we have lots of great friends, etc.. I still don't speak Spanish but it doesn't bother me and I even frequent some restaurants that are mostly Spanish folks. I've started a few businesses, been successful and some even failed right here in Florida. Now the weather isn't as hot (yeah, right - it's still hot as hell but I decided it's part of the joy of Florida), people are more friendly (not true, they were always as friendly but I chose to look past that) and many still don't speak English (whatever, it really doesn't matter - there are plenty of good people around the world that don't speak English).

I found that Orlando is a wonderful place to be an Entrepreneur and there's plenty of help for those that take action and actively seek help.

You choose your attitude and you choose what you look at, even how you react to where you are and what you're doing.

No where is awesome for any long period of time unless you make it that way: so make it the way you want and simply start looking for the awesome that is everywhere around you. No matter where you are.

I hope this "lesson" finds you well and is taken the way it's intended: to change your perspective. You will find good if you look for good and you will find bad if you look for bad.

rc08234

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jun 29, 2011
South Jersey
At one point I was like you. Now I read posts like this and I just see a bunch of belly aching and grumbling. I really feel sorry for you because you haven't learned a key lesson.

I live in Florida and originally hated it too: weather is extremely hot, people aren't real friendly, many don't speak any English, blah, blah, blah. I had a ton of reasons on why Florida wasn't as good as where I am from.

Then I came to the conclusion: you make it what you want.

I decided to want to be here instead of somewhere else. That's it, I just changed my mind and forced myself to start looking for the good things instead at looking at the things I didn't like.

That was in 1999. It's 2015 now, I met my wife here, we have 2 kids now, we have lots of great friends, etc.. I still don't speak Spanish but it doesn't bother me and I even frequent some restaurants that are mostly Spanish folks. I've started a few businesses, been successful and some even failed right here in Florida. Now the weather isn't as hot (yeah, right - it's still hot as hell but I decided it's part of the joy of Florida), people are more friendly (not true, they were always as friendly but I chose to look past that) and many still don't speak English (whatever, it really doesn't matter - there are plenty of good people around the world that don't speak English).

I found that Orlando is a wonderful place to be an Entrepreneur and there's plenty of help for those that take action and actively seek help.

You choose your attitude and you choose what you look at, even how you react to where you are and what you're doing.

No where is awesome for any long period of time unless you make it that way: so make it the way you want and simply start looking for the awesome that is everywhere around you. No matter where you are.

I hope this "lesson" finds you well and is taken the way it's intended: to change your perspective. You will find good if you look for good and you will find bad if you look for bad.

Bellly aching and grumbling? What are you talking about? I posted my honest opinion. All I said was that Florida was neutral, neither good nor bad. I never said I hated it. I have learned a lesson, moving 1000 miles way from home and family isn't for everyone. I'm glad the move to FLA worked out for you, and it sounds like you are doing well.

NoMess

Inventor/Entrepreuner
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Oct 29, 2015
Clermont, FL
Bellly aching and grumbling? What are you talking about? I posted my honest opinion. All I said was that Florida was neutral, neither good nor bad. I never said I hated it. I have learned a lesson, moving 1000 miles way from home and family isn't for everyone. I'm glad the move to FLA worked out for you, and it sounds like you are doing well.

I wasn't trying to insult you but use your post to make my point: make your choice. In my opinion, neutral is another way of saying you're avoiding doing something that one ought to do.

Take a stance: love it or hate it. Pick a direction and go for it (which you obviously started doing by moving).

If you fail, fail fast and as cheaply as possible.

Before you fail, identify what success looks like to you. Identify what failure looks like to you. How will you ever know if you're successful or a failure if you don't have a line, a goal, something to measure against?

My personal goal: make $100k per month. I'm not there yet but I work towards that goal everyday. What did I make this month? $1,000. The month before: $0. I'm making progress, are you?

You don't need to answer my last question for my sake but I think you should ask yourself that.

I think that's the purpose of this forum: learn, connect, challenge and push one another respectfully.

I personally have been working towards my goals alone for over 2 years. I want someone to talk with, someone to challenge my views, my methods.. above all, I want encouragement and maybe some validation. I'm even good with someone saying my ideas or methods are BS. I assumed you wanted the same. If not, then I'm sorry we're not on the same page.

rc08234

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jun 29, 2011
South Jersey
I wasn't trying to insult you but use your post to make my point: make your choice. In my opinion, neutral is another way of saying you're avoiding doing something that one ought to do.

Take a stance: love it or hate it. Pick a direction and go for it (which you obviously started doing by moving).

If you fail, fail fast and as cheaply as possible.

Before you fail, identify what success looks like to you. Identify what failure looks like to you. How will you ever know if you're successful or a failure if you don't have a line, a goal, something to measure against?

My personal goal: make $100k per month. I'm not there yet but I work towards that goal everyday. What did I make this month? $1,000. The month before: $0. I'm making progress, are you?

You don't need to answer my last question for my sake but I think you should ask yourself that.

I think that's the purpose of this forum: learn, connect, challenge and push one another respectfully.

I personally have been working towards my goals alone for over 2 years. I want someone to talk with, someone to challenge my views, my methods.. above all, I want encouragement and maybe some validation. I'm even good with someone saying my ideas or methods are BS. I assumed you wanted the same. If not, then I'm sorry we're not on the same page.

No I understand. Everyday I think about staying or leaving, I've tried to pick a stance I'm just not there yet. Everytime I think about packing up my shit and moving back I get a sigh of relief. The question is though, is that relief because I dislike it down here, or because I'm moving back to something more comfortable? I honestly can not answer that question. We are on the same page, I appreciate the response.

MotiveInMotion

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 14, 2016
Independent

View attachment 6820

One of the biggest decisions I made in my life was one that had nothing to do with business, money, or the internet. It was one that changed my life forever. It was my choice to move from Chicago to Arizona. While a difficult choice in logistics, it was simple to make in spirit.

That simple decision changed everything. My outlook. My motivation. My mind. My circle of friends. My metamorphosis from young adult to adult. Elimination of distractions. I went all in. For you energy/law of attraction fans, living in the right place can allow you to resonate at the right frequency which fosters the art of getting things done. I can't explain this. It just FEELS right. Some of you who have made moves, will know exactly what I'm talking about.

I see a lot of people here complaining about where they live. They hate it. They hate the weather. They hate the people. They hate the available jobs. They hate the city.

And yet, despite all the things they hate about where they live, they continue to live there.

WTF is wrong with you? Why stay? Here's why: Fear. Comfort. Security. My lease. My mortgage. My job. My family. My this. My that. Blah blah blah. It's always some excuse, usually, one that holds zero legitimacy.

If you don't like where you live, you have the power to MOVE.

The only thing stopping you, is you and the weak narrative you keep telling yourself. What's stopping you is your preference for comfort and security over the daring unknown. Your dreams ask you to make bold moves. Staying put and status quo is not BOLD, it's more of the same mediocrity.

I moved to AZ with $900 and a car that didn't have a functional transmission. I shacked up in a studio apartment. I was willing to wash dishes, flip burgers, and drive cabs. I didn't care.

Moving to Arizona and succeeding was MORE IMPORTANT to me than anything. I wanted it BAD. I wanted it more than being "comfortable" in an OK job that was safe and secure.

Until the pain of living in your current location exceeds the perceived pain of your "all in" move to somewhere new, you will never make the move. The fact is, I'd rather live in Arizona and flip burgers than live in Chicago making $50K/year at some mid-level job. I wanted it THAT BAD.

Question is, how bad do YOU want it? Enough to do what others won't? If not, you're falling in line with the crowd. Fastlaners step away from the crowd.

For all of you thinking about moving to somewhere new, just f*cking do it. The decision is really simple. Don't fear the logistics -- you will figure it out. Step back and stop listening to the BS excuses and faux narratives that you keep telling yourself-- they're lies designed to keep you "safe and secure".

In order to progress to a greater existence, stop the lying and start the living.

Exactly. This was one of my biggest decisions thus far in my 22 years for SURE.

I decided to move to Thailand with a one-way to learn and absorb everything I could, and I became a different person. I was learning from established entrepreneurs, mindsets, and habits that helped me along my path to real results.

One of my earliest mentors helped me think on a global scale, and also the biggest lesson thus far: VALUE. I had no perception of that in "business" at all, I was just going about it trying to make it work, which of course never does that way.

Attachments

• I-always-wonder-why-birds-stay-in-the-same-place-when-they-can-fly-anywhere-on-the.jpg
    I-always-wonder-why-birds-stay-in-the-same-place-when-they-can-fly-anywhere-on-the.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 30

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018

View attachment 6820

One of the biggest decisions I made in my life was one that had nothing to do with business, money, or the internet. It was one that changed my life forever. It was my choice to move from Chicago to Arizona. While a difficult choice in logistics, it was simple to make in spirit.

That simple decision changed everything. My outlook. My motivation. My mind. My circle of friends. My metamorphosis from young adult to adult. Elimination of distractions. I went all in. For you energy/law of attraction fans, living in the right place can allow you to resonate at the right frequency which fosters the art of getting things done. I can't explain this. It just FEELS right. Some of you who have made moves, will know exactly what I'm talking about.

I see a lot of people here complaining about where they live. They hate it. They hate the weather. They hate the people. They hate the available jobs. They hate the city.

And yet, despite all the things they hate about where they live, they continue to live there.

WTF is wrong with you? Why stay? Here's why: Fear. Comfort. Security. My lease. My mortgage. My job. My family. My this. My that. Blah blah blah. It's always some excuse, usually, one that holds zero legitimacy.

The only thing stopping you, is you and the weak narrative you keep telling yourself. What's stopping you is your preference for comfort and security over the daring unknown. Your dreams ask you to make bold moves. Staying put and status quo is not BOLD, it's more of the same mediocrity.

I moved to AZ with $900 and a car that didn't have a functional transmission. I shacked up in a studio apartment. I was willing to wash dishes, flip burgers, and drive cabs. I didn't care.

Moving to Arizona and succeeding was MORE IMPORTANT to me than anything. I wanted it BAD. I wanted it more than being "comfortable" in an OK job that was safe and secure.

Until the pain of living in your current location exceeds the perceived pain of your "all in" move to somewhere new, you will never make the move. The fact is, I'd rather live in Arizona and flip burgers than live in Chicago making $50K/year at some mid-level job. I wanted it THAT BAD.

Question is, how bad do YOU want it? Enough to do what others won't? If not, you're falling in line with the crowd. Fastlaners step away from the crowd.

For all of you thinking about moving to somewhere new, just f*cking do it. The decision is really simple. Don't fear the logistics -- you will figure it out. Step back and stop listening to the BS excuses and faux narratives that you keep telling yourself-- they're lies designed to keep you "safe and secure".

In order to progress to a greater existence, stop the lying and start the living.

This is honestly why I have started to view the world in a very black and white sort of way. I now see EVERYBODY as either people living their dreams or living their fears. If you TRULY want it, nothing is stopping you. Nothing.

Take two people who want to get in shape. One is a rich guy with access to tons of trainers, the best quality foods, the best bed, the best information and the other guy is poor and has no one to go to for information or advice. If the first guy has all that but no drive, nothing will help him, nothing. If the second guy has drive, though he won't get "optimal" results that he can, he will STOMP on the first guy.

This was my problem. I kept reading self help books and motivational books but didn't do anything because I didn't have my FTE (thanks MJ for that term). Once I had enough FTE, I didn't even think about reading those books again and just started taking massive action. If I had a sticking block, I would read what others said and used it as I (emphasis on the "I") see fit to my situation. No book will help you. They can only guide you in the best direction at best. One man's mistake can be another man's gift. One man's gift in their situation can be another man's worst nightmare in theirs (marriage is the first thing that comes to mind in this).

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
A sure sign of "all-inness"... It shows your long term vision has become more important over short-term distractions and gratifications.
This is why I have quit all protein powders and replaced it with pure egg whites. That 2 gram of sugar each scoop adds up over the course of 10 years. Imagine replacing that with protien powder with artificial sweetening, fats, and who knows what else with pure egg whites aka pure protein (it is the most bioefficient protein)

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
This is why I have quit all protein powders and replaced it with pure egg whites. That 2 gram of sugar each scoop adds up over the course of 10 years. Imagine replacing that with protien powder with artificial sweetening, fats, and who knows what else with pure egg whites aka pure protein (it is the most bioefficient protein)
Just did the calculation. That is 14600 grams of sugar!!! and that is just consuming 4 grams of sugar a day!! Not to say that sugar will immediatley transfer to fat, but trust me, your body will thank you for eliminating that out of itself.

Veloman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Feb 10, 2018
Austin
After I finished college I was 'finally' free to move away. I picked a city (Austin TX), packed up my car and drove 1800 miles by myself. I had planned to share an apt with a girl who responded to my room wanted ad on craigslist.

When I told people about this story I always get a response such as "OMG, that must have been so difficult" or "I couldn't do that".

I'm still in Austin but it's not what I really want. It seems I need to build my own city. No one else has done this in modern history.

Sevan

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Sep 11, 2018
Hi Fastlaners,

I really enjoyed reading the posts on SaaS because I have a SaaS idea as well, which is from my point of view a great one, but want to know what Mr. Market thinks about it.

Long story short: I want to offer a chat bot to german companies that answers legal questions on data security. So far, I have created a pitch deck, spoke to layers (legal aspect of data security) and got their input as well as with developers. Here is the challenge. I do not know programming, love selling and need for my idea at least one python (2 are better) and a full stack developer. I have also a niche where I can pitch my solution, but do not want to go to the clients without a demo or prototype.

Is there a smart way to get subscribers / clients to pay my developer to get my company started?

Best regards, Sevan

L457dwj

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Aug 31, 2018
My mindset might not be right yet.. but how do you do it financially?
I'm 23 years old, living with my parents and the minimum rent prices per month are around $600.

I've money to live on that amount for like 3 months and then I'm out of cash. $600 is just rent without groceries, internet per month payment, gas and light. This can be monthly around $900. How do I pay for this? I don't have my own business yet.

Tanapiko

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 20, 2018
It is been a year that I started learning how to code, and I am proud to say that I have been failling at it too.

I built a website that brought no value to people as a result I took it down!

I was recently denied to be part of upwork. Claiming I was just another commodity.
Do not get it twisted, I love Failure. Because my mindset is that every failure brings me closer to success.

So I always wanted to fail fast. I failed being a football athlete, I failed being a student ( not on purpose, I was just not interested in school at all), etc...

Yet there is one failure that stings a lot. Last may, i went to work in a clothing warehouse. I did it so I could move to another city, one I did not know anyone.
Why?? Because I wanted to be uncomfortable to the point i had no choice but to succeed. I started to put the plan in motion.
My people, they did not understand why I needed to make such a drastic move. They told me I could succeed anywhere in the world if I really wanted too.
And all that talk, made think yeah, I can succeed here too. Some do, why can't I? It was just a matter of tine before I went back in all the comfort. Quit my job, still learning how to code, but no urge to succeed.
I feel sick inside of me! I try to go all in, but the comfort is killing me. At 26, having less than 1000$cad, living in my parents' basement with my gf, no job, coding skills that I do not know how to bring value to others.
I failed myself, the difference with this failure was that before I was failing with myself was becoming successful through learning.
Today I failed myself for not giving myself the means to be starving. And it hurts more than anything.
This thread appeared at the right moment, and it's time for me to risk it all.

jpn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
May 6, 2017
Netherlands
My mindset might not be right yet.. but how do you do it financially?
I'm 23 years old, living with my parents and the minimum rent prices per month are around $600.

I've money to live on that amount for like 3 months and then I'm out of cash. $600 is just rent without groceries, internet per month payment, gas and light. This can be monthly around $900. How do I pay for this? I don't have my own business yet.

How can you live in NL and only have 1800 in savings? Do you have a job? If not, that’s your first step. If I recall correctly MJ worked shitty part time jobs when he was launching his business so he could survive. Even with a crappy part time job in NL it is trivial to make 1000 a month. Minimum wage is 1500. And why do you need an apartment? You’re in your early 20s. You can easily share an apartment and pay 450 a month incl utilities and internet.

You need to move your a$$ out of your parents place and into an environment with a higher density of opportunity.

Don’t think about the challenges that you face. But see them as obstacles. You think you don’t have enough money to risk it all. Then make more money and spend less. Finding a problem is not the end of your thinking. It is the beginning of looking for a solution.

PersistentlyHungry

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Mar 25, 2017
Israel

View attachment 6820

Bless you MJ.
This message felt like it was coming from future me as it perfectly depicts my current state of affairs.
I really appreciate you writing this.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Having just moved to the Phoenix area just a few days ago this post resonated with me more than you know. The logistics seem to work against us but this is something we wanted and wanted bad. It has not been a smooth transition by any means but we're committed to making this work.

Yes, it just FEELS right. I can't explain it any better than that. We already know without a doubt that this is one of the best decisions we have ever made.

We had many "reasons" to stay in Indy. The biggest one was our 6 year old grandson. We will miss dearly but all the more reason to acquire success here so we can visit him anytime. (I can't express strongly enough how difficult it was for us to 'leave' him.)

Haha, sounds familiar.

This ^
WOW! I posted that just 10 days shy of 5 years ago.

How can it really be that long ago?

5 years ago we moved from Indianapolis.

Yesterday, I returned from a visit to Indy to attend my mother's funeral. While I was glad to be able to attend the service and to spend time with my grandson, I couldn't help but feel entirely happy that I do not live there anymore.

I dare not imagine what my life and my families life would be like had we not gone all in.

Hijena1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Oct 1, 2018
Germany
I have moved from Croatia to Frankfurt before 2 and a half years ago.
Mutch better environment , quality of living and let me not talk about opportunities. I also went all in , alone with 1500€. It was a hard way but it was worth it. Now i have time to plan my business.

Good luck, all !

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.