The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How bad do you want it? Enough to go "all in?"

poseidn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 1, 2016
That's why the Soviets used to shoot retreating soldiers. If you can't go back you will sure as hell fight F*cking hard to go forward.

I'm going to move abroad in Summer 2019.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sander

When in doubt, dare.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
323%
Mar 19, 2014
Have lived in my current apartment for almost 7 years now.

Have been thinking about terminating the lease for 3-4 years now and go see the world. Have been too scared to do it. To take the jump.

Yesterday my wife and I sent the termination to our landlord.

We're driving to Portugal in April.

Don't know for how long, don't know where we'll go after. But it's our first destination.

Here we will help building a hostel/campsite with a group of people.

And we will surround ourselves with cool entrepreneurial people, who are actually doing shit. Every day.

One couple owns the soon-to-open campsite. They will host us.

A guy is working on a foodtruck, creating a selling pizzas throughout Portugal, Spain and France.

Another couple is building a van-leasing business.

Man, I can't wait.

Michael Burgess

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Sep 30, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Just read this thread start to finish, love it!

Changing your environment, pushing yourself, and living in another part of the world is such a fantastic thing to do. I wouldn't be anything like who I am today, had I not moved over the last few years. Even through the rough experiences (social rejection, stolen truck / personal belongings that insurance didn't cover, being broke, and feeling isolated), I can retrospectively see how much these things have helped me grow and live a positive life. Not to mention all the positive experiences :D. New friendships, new romances, concerts and seminars, adventures in nature, improving my business, and learning more about myself and the world.

I'm 24 now, and first moved out of my parents house at 17, six weeks after high school. Went to live with a group of people that were total strangers for me outside of Montreal, working on environmental projects. Stayed there for a few months, and then went on a 3 month Europe backpacking trip. Returned to my hometown after that.

A year later, I did a coast to coast trip of Canada in a camper with my girlfriend, and again with no connections, we moved just outside of Vancouver, BC. Stayed there for a couple months, actually hated our situation there (even though Vancouvers great!), got my a$$ (metaphorically) kicked, moved back to our hometown.

Stayed there for a couple more years with travel splashed in, and ended up heading further north for a work opportunity (was 23 at the time). Ended up having even greater opportunity in another city in SW Ontario, so I moved there. One thing led to another, and I moved from that city to ANOTHER one an hour away. Now I'll be moving again, haha.

All that to say; by moving, you're allowing yourself to grow your mind, your social environment, and your confidence. Your "home" will always be there, along with all of the "friends" you have in that environment... you can return if you want to. You might just find that you don't want to go back though, considering how much better things can be in other places....

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
Burned the bridges. Removed any friend not on the same path as me. One life. One goft. All fear of change comes from being too safe and comfortable

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

flyingdolphin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Sep 23, 2020
Philippines
Seriously considering this even before I read TMF and this thread. I admit, the urge of moving just keeps getting stronger the more I resist it. To make matters worse is the travel restrictions due to C0VlD-19. Urghhhhh.

Man, I don't know.. it feels like moving is the next logical thing to do because staying with my family, although I love them so much, kind of keeps me in this invisible trap.. I love to change entirely - my mindset, my habits, but I am being pulled back from the beginning. I cut my old friends off my life already, at least virtually, but it's impossible to do the same with the family. Also, staying here chains me from comfortability and familiarity. Unfortunately, with the presence of these I won't grow.

I'm actually thinking of a great country to move to, maybe somewhere in Asia (I'm from the Philippines btw).. my initial plan was to just move from another city but I figured I can easily go back home when things get hard and I don't want that. So moving to a neighboring country could be a good start. What do you think? Any suggestions?

Looking forward to finally be able to move when the conditions allow.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.