The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How am I supposed to save for training when they don't tell you the price?

Victoria Machado

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Mar 6, 2018
Worcester, MA
I came across this Facebook group with a couple of guys who seem to know what they're doing on advertising.
They offer this free group to people who are on the fence of joining.
But they also tell you to book a call if you want to get started or learn more, and people have asked thousands of times how much it is and they will not answer that question.

They offer a discount the first time you book a call, so if I call up to find out the price, they're going to offer me this one time discount that I won't get in the future (if what I have saved up isn't enough).
I literally just need a ballpark range so I know if what I have saved up is enough. And if not, then I need to figure out how long it will take for me to save up to afford this information.

This happen to anyone else? What should I do? I'll have about $800 by December, and I'm almost certain that won't be enough. Any ideas or suggestions? Thank you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Do a google search and you'll often find that someone posted the price.

Also, the one time discount is not a one time discount, they will give it to you later. Trust me.

Lastly, I'd save your $800. You can probably get the information for free. Does this course have a name?

JFCopy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Oct 28, 2018
They offer a discount the first time you book a call, so if I call up to find out the price, they're going to offer me this one time discount that I won't get in the future (if what I have saved up isn't enough).

Hey, I have to admire the sheer ballsiness of this marketing tactic, but I feel you. That kinda sucks.

Honestly I would call from someone else's phone the first time, hear the price and discount, figure out your savings, and then call from your phone and use a different voice -- or have someone else call on your behalf.

Not the most upfront thing, yeah, but at the same time, a ballpark price would be nice.

(Oh, and also...I hope you do some googling like "is [name of course] a scam?" I almost got taken in by AWAI a couple days ago. People have really amazing copywriting sales pitches but don't always offer what they're actually selling. Best of luck!)

Victoria Machado

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Mar 6, 2018
Worcester, MA
Hey, I have to admire the sheer ballsiness of this marketing tactic, but I feel you. That kinda sucks.

Honestly I would call from someone else's phone the first time, hear the price and discount, figure out your savings, and then call from your phone and use a different voice -- or have someone else call on your behalf.

Not the most upfront thing, yeah, but at the same time, a ballpark price would be nice.

(Oh, and also...I hope you do some googling like "is [name of course] a scam?" I almost got taken in by AWAI a couple days ago. People have really amazing copywriting sales pitches but don't always offer what they're actually selling. Best of luck!)

That's a super simple good idea lol Thanks! I'll try that!

Victoria Machado

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Mar 6, 2018
Worcester, MA
Do a google search and you'll often find that someone posted the price.

Also, the one time discount is not a one time discount, they will give it to you later. Trust me.

Lastly, I'd save your $800. You can probably get the information for free. Does this course have a name?

I checked google i found one post somewhere that said $5,000 I'm hoping that's not true lol.

It's called the Millionaire Middleman

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
I checked google i found one post somewhere that said $5,000 I'm hoping that's not true lol.

It's called the Millionaire Middleman

Within 2 seconds I found this...

Is Millionaire Middleman a Scam or Legit? Who Knows! - Earn Money with Marcus

I'm not real sure this is related but this took 15 more seconds....

Big Money from Small Business - Millionaire Middleman

15 more seconds.... maybe this is it?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EGDAP8E/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

Or how about this one.... not too good of a sign when it has expired :eek:

https://votubev.files.wordpress.com/2016/09/millionaire-middleman-1472712403986.pdf

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Want a better way to spend $800?

Buy the top 100 business books on Amazon and read them all in a year.

I GUARANTEE that will be a far better ROI than that course.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
I’d keep your money for your business. What area of marketing are you interested in? There is a wealth of information here from truly successfully entrepreneurs that won’t cost you a penny.

What do you want to advertise? A product? A Service? Locally? Nationally? Internationally?

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
You'll learn far more by taking a basic udemy course on the mechanics of FB advertising, and then running $789 in ads to some product that you're trying to sell.

These courses are rarely worth it and these gurus usually flame out as word spreads that their program is hokey.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
Do not pay anyone you know nothing about a single penny because of some drivel you are being suckered into reading.

What wonderful advertising knowledge have they put forth that makes you think they are some sort of experts?

In one of the links above there is a video of them talking rubbish but any young person would think it original.

Contact companies pretending to be some sort of Trade Organisation looking for partners to take customers in their area and can they handle 30 extra clients a month?

I'm telling you this is straight out of the 1990's. It is incredibly yawn inducing to have to take calls like this from idiots who have bought a course telling them that clients will be begging to work with you.

They won't.

Dan

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

ShamanKing

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Aug 30, 2018
California
Within 2 seconds I found this...

Is Millionaire Middleman a Scam or Legit? Who Knows! - Earn Money with Marcus

I'm not real sure this is related but this took 15 more seconds....

Big Money from Small Business - Millionaire Middleman

15 more seconds.... maybe this is it?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EGDAP8E/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

Or how about this one.... not too good of a sign when it has expired :eek:

https://votubev.files.wordpress.com/2016/09/millionaire-middleman-1472712403986.pdf

Hey Minivan,

You remind of when my friends asks me car questions.
I literally Google it. Copy and paste tons of solutions (maybe or not) and tell them it can be one of those. Start with the cheapest repair. GL

BlokeInProgress

Business Building Warrior
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
I came across this Facebook group with a couple of guys who seem to know what they're doing on advertising.
They offer this free group to people who are on the fence of joining.
But they also tell you to book a call if you want to get started or learn more, and people have asked thousands of times how much it is and they will not answer that question.

If they have a Facebook group, try hanging out a while, ask questions about advertising and see if they give an answer. Look for success stories in the group and try and start a conversation with them, see how they answer. Research them, if they give their names then google is your friend.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.