• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

How am I supposed to save for training when they don't tell you the price?

Discussion in 'Education, Learning, Books' started by Victoria Machado, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Victoria Machado

Victoria Machado New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $32
    I came across this Facebook group with a couple of guys who seem to know what they're doing on advertising.
    They offer this free group to people who are on the fence of joining.
    But they also tell you to book a call if you want to get started or learn more, and people have asked thousands of times how much it is and they will not answer that question.

They offer a discount the first time you book a call, so if I call up to find out the price, they're going to offer me this one time discount that I won't get in the future (if what I have saved up isn't enough).
    I literally just need a ballpark range so I know if what I have saved up is enough. And if not, then I need to figure out how long it will take for me to save up to afford this information.

This happen to anyone else? What should I do? I'll have about $800 by December, and I'm almost certain that won't be enough. Any ideas or suggestions? Thank you!

2. biophase

biophase Legendary Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $167,212
    Do a google search and you'll often find that someone posted the price.

Also, the one time discount is not a one time discount, they will give it to you later. Trust me.

Lastly, I'd save your $800. You can probably get the information for free. Does this course have a name?

lowtek, Ascension and Kak like this.
  3. JFCopy

JFCopy Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $662
    Hey, I have to admire the sheer ballsiness of this marketing tactic, but I feel you. That kinda sucks.

Honestly I would call from someone else's phone the first time, hear the price and discount, figure out your savings, and then call from your phone and use a different voice -- or have someone else call on your behalf.

Not the most upfront thing, yeah, but at the same time, a ballpark price would be nice.

(Oh, and also...I hope you do some googling like "is [name of course] a scam?" I almost got taken in by AWAI a couple days ago. People have really amazing copywriting sales pitches but don't always offer what they're actually selling. Best of luck!)

4. Victoria Machado

Rep Bank:
    $32

That's a super simple good idea lol Thanks! I'll try that!

JFCopy likes this.
  5. Victoria Machado

Rep Bank:
    $32
    I checked google i found one post somewhere that said $5,000 I'm hoping that's not true lol.

It's called the Millionaire Middleman

6. minivanman

minivanman Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,352
    Within 2 seconds I found this...

Is Millionaire Middleman a Scam or Legit? Who Knows! - Earn Money with Marcus

I'm not real sure this is related but this took 15 more seconds....

Big Money from Small Business - Millionaire Middleman

15 more seconds.... maybe this is it?

https://www.amazon.com/Middle-Man-Millionaire-Rich-Dreams-ebook/dp/B00EGDAP8E

Or how about this one.... not too good of a sign when it has expired :eek:

https://votubev.files.wordpress.com/2016/09/millionaire-middleman-1472712403986.pdf

ZF Lee and Neng Her like this.
  7. Kak

Kak Capitalist Swine Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $26,959
    Want a better way to spend $800?

Buy the top 100 business books on Amazon and read them all in a year.

I GUARANTEE that will be a far better ROI than that course.

Matte, Artifax, ZF Lee and 4 others like this.
  8. RazorCut

RazorCut Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $13,131
    I’d keep your money for your business. What area of marketing are you interested in? There is a wealth of information here from truly successfully entrepreneurs that won’t cost you a penny.

What do you want to advertise? A product? A Service? Locally? Nationally? Internationally?

9. lowtek

lowtek Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $22,661
    You'll learn far more by taking a basic udemy course on the mechanics of FB advertising, and then running $789 in ads to some product that you're trying to sell.

These courses are rarely worth it and these gurus usually flame out as word spreads that their program is hokey.

ZF Lee and Andy Black like this.
  10. Stargazer

Stargazer Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $903
    Do not pay anyone you know nothing about a single penny because of some drivel you are being suckered into reading.

What wonderful advertising knowledge have they put forth that makes you think they are some sort of experts?

In one of the links above there is a video of them talking rubbish but any young person would think it original.

Contact companies pretending to be some sort of Trade Organisation looking for partners to take customers in their area and can they handle 30 extra clients a month?

I'm telling you this is straight out of the 1990's. It is incredibly yawn inducing to have to take calls like this from idiots who have bought a course telling them that clients will be begging to work with you.

They won't.

Dan

Andy Black likes this.
  11. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $161,928
  12. Neng Her

Neng Her Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $11

Hey Minivan,

You remind of when my friends asks me car questions.
    I literally Google it. Copy and paste tons of solutions (maybe or not) and tell them it can be one of those. Start with the cheapest repair. GL