The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Homeopathic Medicines and Healing

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I am writing this post for my friend @million$$$smile but I thought the topic might be interesting on a more micro scale.

15 years ago, I was so allergic to poison ivy that seemingly I could get it airborne. I own a huge acreage in Minnesota which is awesome, but most of it was wooded and the woods were FILLED with poison ivy. Eradicating it would be impossible. Every year in the late spring and through the summer, I would get horrific reactions. The worst of the reactions typically would be on my forearms, which would blister nearly from my elbow to my wrist.

The doctors tried all kinds of traditional medicines, usually a topical cream for the blistering to some types of shots for severe allergies. Prednisone that @LightHouse mentioned? Nope. Tried that and things 10x stronger. Nothing worked, really. The steroid creams had some after the fact mitigating effect in drying up the huge sections of blisters, but the problem persisted. I remember it actually felt good to take a ruler or something similar and pressure scrape the area, exploding the blisters when I couldn't take it any more and letting the poison and pressure break through. That by the way is how the rash spreads, but you reach the point where you don't care. I had to release the toxin. This was beyond itching. A reaction so severe. I'd have to wear long sleeve shirts at the worst of it so I didn't freak people out with the incredibly gross issue. Some times my face, some times by shoulders and back, occasionally my legs, but ALWAYS to arms.

I was desperate. Each season, it grew worse. And worse. With each reaction, it would get more severe. A visit to the Mayo Clinic even produced no relief. Some of the stupid doctors would ask me if I had tried over the counter allergy shit. Meanwhile, I wanted to take a blowtorch to my forearms.

I swear to you, I didn't even have to come into direct contact with poison ivy.

Then, a miracle. Desperate and having tried everything, I came across

Oral Ivy | Poison Ivy, Poison Oak, Poison Sumac: Prevention & Treatment

and my life forever changed.

I started drinking this shit every day. I remember in the first several days (weeks?) I would drink even more than the bottle tells you to. You drop it into water, and drink it down. I was literally drinking my poison.

Randall, I don't remember how long it took to start to take effect. Maybe a month, of drinking it every day. I missed zero days, as when you are clinging to something like this you don't skip a day. Hammering it.

And then it started. My reactions started to lesson. It had an impact that first season. It didn't stop everything that first season, but significantly lessened my reactions. I'll take it. I kept drinking it.

The second season, I still got poison ivy reactions a few times. I remember stockpiling BOTTLES of the syrum, panicked they would go out of business as I presumed I would be drinking poison ivy in liquid form the rest of my life. A bottle goes a long way, but when you're clinging to it I needed several bottles like a security blanket.

Randall, by the third year, I was CURED. At that point, I was not drinking it every day. I am not sure I was drinking it at all. And I have never, since then, in over a dozen years, had any poison ivy reaction since. I still own the piece of land where the evil weed lives, but it doesn't matter. My body was taught immunity to the weed by fighting it in small doses every single day. it took a while, but it worked. I consider it a miracle and a blessed event. I learned that the body in certain circumstances has the ability to adapt and create the cure with a trainable ability to fight certain things in certain conditions.

This literally changed my life back then, and permanently. I was blessed. My friend, I hope this works for you. If you read the reviews on Amazon, it doesn't work for everyone. However, I can tell you that it took me from the most violent suffering into 100% cured.

Good luck.

So I am interested in homeopathic stuff. I have never really dabbled much beyond this, but I am a believer. I believe that we were created with an innate ability to heal. There likely is something to the old Chinese medicines, towards natural homeopathic remedies that rival modern medicines. I wish it were more effective on Cancers, but I think it is more applicable to easier maladies.

I would like to read with interest similar stories from fast laners. I am less interested in your theories, and more interested in actual experiences and transformations. It's a fascinating area of our personal lives that doesn't get discussed much on the forum. Dissenters are also welcome, but that won't change the fact that homeopathic ingestion of the poison that was killing me accomplished what modern medicine was not able to - I was cured.

As a related side note, I believe marijuana has many healing or pain mitigating effects. I believe research has been intentionally stifled through the legal system in the United States by big pharma, and the lid is about to be blown off of that. It likely will forever change millions of lives for the better, and we're going to see it in our lifetime.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Tocosh. A natural anti-biotic sold here in Peru that helped after getting sick from the bacteria in the water (or on food). No doctors visits or pills needed.

Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 10.11.29 AM.png

ljean

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jan 22, 2017
USA
My dad is a retired chiropractor who dabbled in homeopathy. When I was a kid his concoctions cured me of chronic bloody noses and leg cramps.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
My dad is a retired chiropractor who dabbled in homeopathy. When I was a kid his concoctions cured me of chronic bloody noses and leg cramps.

One thing I love about chiropractors is sometimes they can solve problems that traditional medicine tries to fix by surgery and/or addictive medications.

I believe in the body's ability to get adjusted and to be enabled to heal itself.

ljean

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jan 22, 2017
USA
One thing I love about chiropractors is sometimes they can solve problems that traditional medicine tries to fix by surgery and/or addictive medications.

I believe in the body's ability to get adjusted and to be enabled to heal itself.
Many chiropractors become chiros due to some life-altering interaction with a chiro. My dad was in veterinary school when a chiro cured him of a debilitating back problem that no MD could fix and he almost went to surgery over. I cringe when I hear of people who get back or neck surgery or vertebrate fused together etc without even trying an adjustment.

ShellShock

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 14, 2018
Bucharest
From the informal research i have conducted on the subject of pharma and MD's in America, i found out that there are doctors who might intentionally keep their patients hooked to painkillers and other potentially harmful drugs. When did things get so without control?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
My Shifu (Kung Fu/San Shou instructor) makes Dit Da Jow. Put it on sore legs after a session kicking the bags and the bruises come to the surface the next day and are then gone.

My mum used to put a similar smelling Chinese medicine on our sprained ankles and it would do the same - bring the bad blood to the surface.

I broke my scaphoid years ago and visited Hong Kong with my Mum maybe a year later. Her Chinese doctor friend saw my wrist and asked if it had been broken. She could tell from the slight swelling.

She spent the week working on it. I dipped my forearm into some hot medicine for about 15 minutes, then she did cupping on it. The skin got bruising from the cupping, as you’d imagine. But over the scaphoid the skin went black. She was drawing out the bad blood left in the bone after the break.

A few weeks later the bone was no longer swollen and I had full mobility of the wrist back.

When I was sat getting treated an elderly gentleman came in straight from the hospital where they’d put on a cast after he’d broken his arm. He chatted cheerfully to me in Cantonese with my Mum translating.

The Chinese doctor tutted and whipped the cast off and got him to dip his arm in his own bowl of hot liquid. I didn’t see what she did afterwards.

About 7 years ago I broke my other wrist. After the cast came off and the physio was finished I have maybe 50-60% mobility. I’m hoping Shifu knows how to do that treatment to draw out the bad blood.

It stands to reason that Chinese medicine will be more advanced in many ways than Western medicine. They’ve been doing it a lot damn longer for starters, and they seem to be more about fixing root causes than symptoms.

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
A friend of mine had alopecia barbae (patchy beard).

He heard that garlic can help. He found some high quality garlic though.

He would squeeze the juice out of it and apply it to patches before sleep, and wash it in the morning. Worked for him - took 2-3 months.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
A friend of mine had alopecia barbae (patchy beard).

He heard that garlic can help. He found some high quality garlic though.

He would squeeze the juice out of it and apply it to patches before sleep, and wash it in the morning. Worked for him - took 2-3 months.

Maybe I should rub some on my head

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
So I am interested in homeopathic stuff. I have never really dabbled much beyond this, but I am a believer. I believe that we were created with an innate ability to heal. There likely is something to the old Chinese medicines, towards natural homeopathic remedies that rival modern medicines. I wish it were more effective on Cancers, but I think it is more applicable to easier maladies.

I would like to read with interest similar stories from fast laners. I am less interested in your theories, and more interested in actual experiences and transformations. It's a fascinating area of our personal lives that doesn't get discussed much on the forum. Dissenters are also welcome, but that won't change the fact that homeopathic ingestion of the poison that was killing me accomplished what modern medicine was not able to - I was cured.

Few years back, I was fortunate enough to stumble upon a podcast that literally changed my life. To this day, I can't pinpoint why and how, but I started taking my health (mind & body) seriously.

I, like you, believe our body is an amazing machine that is not being fed the proper nutrients to thrive. I also believe we are all unique and should find what works for ourselves.

And so I had tried many different "diets" and "healthy things" . Until I tried Keto + intermittent Fasting. And this has been one of the best things that have ever happened to me. I am 31y.o and in the best shape of my entire life.

I went from catching the flu few times in winter to almost none (was sick 3 days this winter). From being tired to having a lot of energy. Had some skin issues, they are all gone. I just feel fantastic.

And I have been experimenting with medicinal mushrooms like Lion's Mane, Chaga and Reishi.

So, today I firmly believe in eating properly (*cough* not the carb heavy scripted diet that are suggested **cough**), finding what is right for our own body, staying hydrated, sleeping well and moving.

(PS: I do workout regularly. Mainly body weights, functional workouts + yoga. Somehow that improved my overall well being. Adding functional training and yoga got rid of the back pain and shoulder pain I had constantly)

PPS: Not homeopathy "medicine" per say but...

Last edited:

ShellShock

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 14, 2018
Bucharest
I think that VapoRub stuff is mentioned as a cure all at some point in Stephen Kings's novel "IT". Interesting to hear it is such popular in Mexico. I take it it's popularity swindled in the States?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
I developed strong allergies to oak pollen, which blankets the south and midwest US during spring.

The antihistamine crap from the pharmacy would only work above the recommended dosage. At which point, it would wreck my kidneys and bladder. So it was just trading one symptom for another.

It was getting worse and worse due to other non-related stresses. So after some research it came down to the causes: histamines and inflammation. Which would further increase the stress. A positive feedback loop...that produced negative results.

I tried the recommended fruits and vegetables, but they didn't have the compounds in high enough concentrations. Because let's face it, who's going to eat 12 apples and 30 strawberries every day...

So this great tea recipe came along:

Antihistamines:​
  • Rooibos
  • Ginger
  • Nettle
Inflammation:​
  • Yerba Mate
  • Lemon Balm
  • Peppermint
Dry, grind, and put all 6 in your coffee maker (for the filter).

Drink 2-3 times a day for one to two weeks.

Now this is still just a band-aid. So I did what any mad scientist would do, and started burying my face in pollen like Scarface at the end of the movie.

Everything I've seen about homeopathy shows placebo effects.

However, even when you consciously know you're taking sugar pills. A significant amount of people still experience improvements in their symptoms.

Talk about mindset.

Just like you hear some people deciding one day, they'll no longer get sick from the flu. That is, until you try it yourself...

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
Maybe I should rub some on my head

I had a small patch appear on my head (alopecia aerata?) - did the same thing as my friend, after a few months it was completely gone.

I heard it's enough to even leave it for 30-60 minutes, so I did that as I couldn't sleep with it.

Two things I heard (and this is all hear-say) is that you just shouldn't rub it too hard. And also (from both my friend's and mine experience) the patch initially may even get a little bigger and more pronounced.

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
I was desperate. Each season, it grew worse. And worse. With each reaction, it would get more severe.

@Vigilante, man you don't know how much I identify with what your saying. People that don't get it can't relate how bad it can get. I don't even need to be touching the leaf, but if I am outside, mowing, weedeating, or even on a running trail through the woods, I have a high chance of getting it. It literally has kept me from enjoying the outdoors. It is called Systemic Poison Ivy:

"Systemic Poison Ivy Causes
Urushiol is the main culprit to the poison ivy being a nasty plant. It is an oil produced by the plant that’s so potent that doses lighter than a grain of salt can cause blistering rashes. It also is present in poison oak, and poison sumac. You can get urushiol on you with direct contact with the poison ivy plant, or indirectly through clothing, pets, and outdoor gears. It can also get airborne when you burn poison ivy or when tiny pieces of the plant get into the air when you mow or cut the plant. The oil can remain active on any surface for one to five years. One common reason for system reactions to poison ivy is inhaling poison ivy fumes. The urushiol oil enters the bloodstream through the lungs and causes serious blisters and rashes to cover the entire body, even inside the mouth and throat. On skin contact with urushiol, it sinks in and binds to the cell membranes. It bonds with a type of white blood cell called Langerhan’s cells, and from there can spread throughout the body." (from
Oral Ivy | Poison Ivy, Poison Oak, Poison Sumac: Prevention & Treatment)

I have also tried multiple ointments, soaps, sprays and inhalants but never tried the brand you referred to.. Why, I don't know. I had pretty much given up on any possible cure. I really have considered relocating but it would mean leaving my kids and grandkids, besides a major change in my business ventures.

There have been a few times that I felt I was going to go out of my mind, drawing blood from scratching/clawing at my arms and legs.

I don't know if the apple cider vinegar helped or it was a coincidence, but there was a change within a few short days. I have continued taking a gulp of it daily.

I am also ordering a bottle of the Oral Ivy and will have it in a day or two. I can't wait. If there is any way that it will eventually stop me from contracting "Devils Ivy" (what I call it) then it is worth a shot.
ANYTHING to keep me from going through the hell I have had to deal with at times.

Thank you for sharing your story. You don't realize how it resonated with me, and giving me some hope that maybe there is an end to a yearly personal nightmare.

Thank you.

Rep++

Last edited:

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
Sure, there is something to homeopathic stuff, although it can be hard to sort through all the bullshit out there.

People will find something that has a small benefit for one purpose, and then the hype grows and grows to become a magical cure all for everything.

And very few experiences are as well documented as yours. Usually it’s like, “I used this and I didn’t get the flu!!!” Or... you just didn’t get the flu.

And no, rubbing essential oils on your feet isn’t going to stop a cough, come on.

My last business was selling homeopathic products. The customers were crazy, and were attributing way more benefits to the product than what was possible.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.