The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Herbal Supplement Labels

Shreyas Nampalli

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Jan 3, 2017
NJ
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone knew a reputable source for creating labels for something like an herbal supplement bottle. The multivitamin type. I am looking specifically for a source that can create shiny/metallic labels like you would find on some athletic supplement bottles.

I have already contacted lightning labels, wizard labels and blue line labels . Hoping for you guys to lead me in the right direction!

Best Regards

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Hey, sorry I dont have any reccomendation for label producers, since im not based in the US.

A tip I can give though: Be sure to check the health claims law for your country. Depending on what supplements you are selling, there are only certain statements you are allowed to make for those supplements/ingredients. (Atleast thats how it is in Germany).

Best
Champion

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
When selecting label manufacturers to list in my labeling book, there were many that I rejected, and I must say that the three you have contacted would fall into that category.

Neither lightning labels or wizard labels display any of the label types you need, so if you specify those, chances are that they will subcontract to another printer at extra cost to you. Blue line labels don't even display any labels, although in their glossary they mention one of the several methods to produce the type of label you want.

You need to maintain control of the design process, because the average label printing company will be employing graphic artists who, as is very often the case, want to produce a design that displays their skills rather than one that gets your message across.

I have sent you via PM some links from my book to help you get straight to label manufacturers who can do what you want, and do it well.

If you want to see what that book teaches, see PUBLISHING - Forum Members and Their Books!?

Walter

Shreyas Nampalli

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Jan 3, 2017
NJ
When selecting label manufacturers to list in my labeling book, there were many that I rejected, and I must say that the three you have contacted would fall into that category.

Neither lightning labels or wizard labels display any of the label types you need, so if you specify those, chances are that they will subcontract to another printer at extra cost to you. Blue line labels don't even display any labels, although in their glossary they mention one of the several methods to produce the type of label you want.

You need to maintain control of the design process, because the average label printing company will be employing graphic artists who, as is very often the case, want to produce a design that displays their skills rather than one that gets your message across.

I have sent you via PM some links from my book to help you get straight to label manufacturers who can do what you want, and do it well.

If you want to see what that book teaches, see PUBLISHING - Forum Members and Their Books!?

Walter

I did see that both lightning and wizard they do nutraceutical labels. Lightning also provided me with the lowest price and pdf's on how to edit my layers in photoshop for more cohesive collaboration with them. They are able to do foil as well. I do feel that $5 for a 7" x 2.5" label is a bit steep at qty 50 .

at 1k its about 40 cents/label but im not at that level yet.

@biophase what do you think? just buy the lower qty for now and work to be able to buy the next level? or search for a more cost effective source

Shreyas Nampalli

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Jan 3, 2017
NJ
Hey, sorry I dont have any reccomendation for label producers, since im not based in the US.

A tip I can give though: Be sure to check the health claims law for your country. Depending on what supplements you are selling, there are only certain statements you are allowed to make for those supplements/ingredients. (Atleast thats how it is in Germany).

Best
Champion

Thank you for the advice, I have done this through the USFDA site + looked at many samples of products that are on the market (that I use daily) that have the same/similar ingredients .

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida

Wayyy to high. I pay $0.11/label right now for salad dressing bottles.

Once you get to scale, you’ll want to print with traditional plate printing. You spend a few hundred on the plates, but after that, your price per unit is dirt cheap. It sounds like they’re doing digital printing which lets you do low MOQ, but doesn’t give you the economy of scale.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
The price is going to be high at 50 pcs. If that’s all you need just pay the high price because this first 50 units is basically a test run and not really to make a profit right?

Shreyas Nampalli

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Jan 3, 2017
NJ
The price is going to be high at 50 pcs. If that’s all you need just pay the high price because this first 50 units is basically a test run and not really to make a profit right?
Yeah , that is correct. Thanks man.

Shreyas Nampalli

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Jan 3, 2017
NJ
Wayyy to high. I pay $0.11/label right now for salad dressing bottles.

Once you get to scale, you’ll want to print with traditional plate printing. You spend a few hundred on the plates, but after that, your price per unit is dirt cheap. It sounds like they’re doing digital printing which lets you do low MOQ, but doesn’t give you the economy of scale.

Are they able to do foil/metallic print with that kind of method? these are the typical PET pill bottles you would find multivitamins in. I havent seen to much printing on those.. mainly labels.

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
I do feel that $5 for a 7" x 2.5" label is a bit steep at qty 50 .

So you're going to pay $250 for 50 labels instead of paying $400 for 1000 labels? Seriously?

Shreyas Nampalli

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Jan 3, 2017
NJ
So you're going to pay $250 for 50 labels instead of paying $400 for 1000 labels? Seriously?

Currently yes, it is the 1st run and my budget is tight so I will have to make it work so I never have to do that again.

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
Currently yes, it is the 1st run and my budget is tight so I will have to make it work so I never have to do that again.

There’s no way to justify this. It’s $150 more. No matter what your next order is you’ll have to spend more than that $150 difference. Go make the $150 somehow or sell something if money is that tight.

Shreyas Nampalli

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Jan 3, 2017
NJ
There’s no way to justify this. It’s $150 more. No matter what your next order is you’ll have to spend more than that $150 difference. Go make the $150 somehow or sell something if money is that tight.

Would motivate me to use up all the labels through sales.

@Arun Siva

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
You should shop around. It is very common for unit prices on larger quantities to be so low that you can buy 500 for about the same total as 50.

Are they able to do foil/metallic print with that kind of method? these are the typical PET pill bottles you would find multivitamins in. I havent seen to much printing on those.. mainly labels.

Regarding direct foil print on the bottle, it would be very difficult to find a label printer that could/would do that for you. Search for Tampo printing. That's not a company name it is the name of the process.

Walter

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
Would motivate me to use up all the labels through sales.

@Arun Siva
yes i believe this is a good idea. go with the higher amount. fiscally this makes sense. I understand test run protocol and all that but there is a pointe to be made here on this item.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
Tampo printing. That's not a company name it is the name of the process.

this. Even big companies have utilised the Tampo printing process in infancy it is called Pad printing also. Automotive OEM suppliers have used this for printing on difficult hard to print surfaces

Attachments

• 800px-Pad_printing_svg.png
    800px-Pad_printing_svg.png
    30.3 KB · Views: 4

Shreyas Nampalli

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Jan 3, 2017
NJ
this. Even big companies have utilised the Tampo printing process in infancy it is called Pad printing also. Automotive OEM suppliers have used this for printing on difficult hard to print surfaces
Will be applying the stickers by hand for now. I know exactly what I want designwise and that is offered by the use stickers. Lightninglabels seems to be good at it too.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.