The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello, nice to meet you!

D

Deleted61439

Hello Fastlane community,

I read The Millionaire Fastlane some days ago, discovered this forum, and have since been lurking here daily. So I thought I should come out of the shadow and say hi! and introduce myself shortly.

Reading the Gold threads and others I am very impressed what so many here have achieved and even more impressed by how many are willing to share their knowledge and experience. This is amazing and invaluable for greenhorns like myself.

Hopefully I can also add some value to this forum- if not with my work experience then at least by progressing and sharing my newly acquired insides.

I am still at the very beginning of the journey to become an entrepreneur.
The CENTS principle is something I am trying to carve into my brain daily, realizing the slowlane dogma is very prevalent with me and that the mental transformation might be one of the most challenging steps for me.

When trying to come up with a good idea I often catch myself thinking „Can I do something in my area of expertise and interest that could become a profitable business?“ Then the other voice in my head says...NOOO think again, where is a Need? A high entry barrier?

During the last decade I have been working mostly as a chemist in Regulatory Affairs/Chemical product safety. Making our environment a safer place is definitely a passion of mine.

I think many people and also some retail related businesses are a bit insecure as to what substances are potential health hazards and should not be contained in products (for example cosmetics, toys, packaging materials for food). So I am thinking about ways to help out/provide value in this field. No concrete ideas yet though :)

In the meantime I am using my craft skills (and again- my passion…yawn) to start a side business (selling patterns on a DIY web page). I know this is not really CENTS due to at least the low entry barrier. But in a way I also profit from this and can start easily. I am hoping to learn some helpful skills along the way, like good customer service, marketing, product presentation etc. So that I am prepared better for better future business ideas…

Thank you and I am happy to answer any questions.

Astra

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hello Fastlane community,

I read The Millionaire Fastlane some days ago, discovered this forum, and have since been lurking here daily. So I thought I should come out of the shadow and say hi! and introduce myself shortly.

Reading the Gold threads and others I am very impressed what so many here have achieved and even more impressed by how many are willing to share their knowledge and experience. This is amazing and invaluable for greenhorns like myself.

Hopefully I can also add some value to this forum- if not with my work experience then at least by progressing and sharing my newly acquired insides.

I am still at the very beginning of the journey to become an entrepreneur.
The CENTS principle is something I am trying to carve into my brain daily, realizing the slowlane dogma is very prevalent with me and that the mental transformation might be one of the most challenging steps for me.

When trying to come up with a good idea I often catch myself thinking „Can I do something in my area of expertise and interest that could become a profitable business?“ Then the other voice in my head says...NOOO think again, where is a Need? A high entry barrier?

During the last decade I have been working mostly as a chemist in Regulatory Affairs/Chemical product safety. Making our environment a safer place is definitely a passion of mine.

I think many people and also some retail related businesses are a bit insecure as to what substances are potential health hazards and should not be contained in products (for example cosmetics, toys, packaging materials for food). So I am thinking about ways to help out/provide value in this field. No concrete ideas yet though :)

In the meantime I am using my craft skills (and again- my passion…yawn) to start a side business (selling patterns on a DIY web page). I know this is not really CENTS due to at least the low entry barrier. But in a way I also profit from this and can start easily. I am hoping to learn some helpful skills along the way, like good customer service, marketing, product presentation etc. So that I am prepared better for better future business ideas…

Thank you and I am happy to answer any questions.

Astra
Welcome, and thanks for your intro.

IMO, getting started is more important than trying to start something scalable from the outset. Good things happen when you move at pace.

D

Deleted61439

Thank you Andy for taking the time to read and reply!

Good things happen when you move at pace.

Yes, thank you for pointing that out...I tend to forget or doubt that when I am somewhere in my analysis-paralysis...

Have a great day!

Astra

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.